• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

UPampered Chefoming Bridal Expo

Good luck!In summary, the conversation was about an upcoming bridal expo and the user was seeking advice on what to bring and how to set up their display. Suggestions included having samples of food, setting up a jar for a drawing, using products to make a wedding cake display, and having plenty of informational materials for attendees to take. The conversation also touched on the idea of not having too much on the table to avoid clutter and possibly misleading attendees with too much food.
kearstin
Help!!!!! Upcoming Bridal ExpoHi Cheffers -

I am going to be doing a Bridal Expo this Sunday (Super Bowl Sunday :( ) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any not-quite-last-minute suggestions.

This is the largest expo in our region and I'll be the only PC rep there (and doing it with only the help of my mom (who knows very little about PC)!!!!!!!). I'm still new and haven't done anything like this and just want to be sure I've covered all my bases.

I have a pretty good idea of how I plan to setup my area with products. I'll be taking a "Quick Registry" form, registry brochures for unsure brides, mini catalogs, host packets, recruiting info, door prizes and door prize slips...

What am I missing????

I would really appreciate any advice and/or suggestions for those of you who have done expos - and even those of you haven't!!!!

TIA,
Kearstin

Last edited:
Anyone???Anyone out there with advice???

Please :)

Are you taking anything to sample? Alot of the bridal expos I've been to (we're renewing vows and my origional wedding) the vendors seem to have alot of samples of cakes or whatever out there to taste. Other than that, it seems you have everything covered. Maybe set up a jar for people to drop the slips into for winning a 'free' show? Good luck!

I would have some kind of drawing for sure so you can get contacts. I have one on the 10th. I am going to make the Bride cake out of the Classic Batter bowl to have for display. I'm going to make a wedding cake out of the SA bowls and squares. I bought a topper of a bride and groom to put on it too.

I had pink M&M (breast cancer ones) on the table i the simple additions small bowl and caddy Food always draws people in but I would make a lot of food - The bride cake would make a cute decortaion for the table

Attachments

• Bridalshow2.jpg
    Bridalshow2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 570
How cute is that!!! The pink M & M's would be good to use during May for Help Whip Cancer month!! Good way to show off the SA bowls.

I saw an idea on CC somewhere about using the SS bowls as a cake and tying with ribbon... That will be my cake. If I have enough time, I might try to make the bride cake out of the BB.

I hadn't really thought about taking any food samples... I was going to put out Hershey Kisses, but not food food. Hmmm... I wonder what would last all day without needing to be refrigerated???

Does anyone know if the Cookie Press had a heart disc???

I wouldn't really make any food to bring. You don't want people just coming for the food & then leaving. I just did one on Sunday & a groom asked if we were caterers--and I didn't even have food besides a small bowl caddy with kisses. So if you have food, they may REALLY think that!

I brought the three tiered stand & put all of my info on each square. Then I had drawing slips for them to fill out. The trifle bowl was great to hold the slips! I also brought a whisk with kisses inside & tied with ribbon. A lot of people commented on it & I also mentioned about engraving it or the barbecue tools.

kearstin said:
Does anyone know if the Cookie Press had a heart disc???

Yes it does.

I just had candy out in the SA small bowl caddy and on the square of my 3 tiered stand. I wouldn't do "food" food. I did an expo on one of the NFL playoff game Sundays and it was very slow. I haven't done a ton of expos, but the other participants said it was much slower than usual. Hopefully that won't happen for yours!

My biggest advice is to keep your display simple. Too much makes it cluttered and most brides kind of whip through there. I took a picture of my last one (which was still probably a little too "busy" with products) and I'll try to upload it if I can shrink it enough. Good luck!! Make sure you have lots of your info for them to take...brochures and stuff with labels with more information on them. Some won't take the time to fill out your cards, but if they at least take something, you'll have a chance that they'll register. Good luck!

That's true, food food might be misleading. The hershey kisses should be enough and the m&m's in the SA sounds really cute. I wouldn't put all the info on the table at once, try to hold some back so that you don't run out half way through. My MIL is one of those that takes anything at all free even if it's something she isn't interested in just because it's there, and sad to say I've seen alot of others like that at bridal expos and craft fairs too!

I took chocolate once to a booth that I did and there were certain people (mostly kids) that kept making laps around the place so they could stop by and grab a handful each time. I finally had to put it up and just pass it out.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I wouldn't really make any food to bring. You don't want people just coming for the food & then leaving. I just did one on Sunday & a groom asked if we were caterers--and I didn't even have food besides a small bowl caddy with kisses. So if you have food, they may REALLY think that!

I brought the three tiered stand & put all of my info on each square. Then I had drawing slips for them to fill out. The trifle bowl was great to hold the slips! I also brought a whisk with kisses inside & tied with ribbon. A lot of people commented on it & I also mentioned about engraving it or the barbecue tools.

Well, I think I will just stick with the Hershey Kisses...I do well to get through a PC demo, so I don't want to be confused with a caterer!!!!

Thanks for all your help guys! I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok, let's see if I can post these pictures. Hopefully I shrunk them enough.

These were from a booth I did a few weeks ago. Nothing too exciting.

Attachments

• bridal booth 2 50%.jpg
    bridal booth 2 50%.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 858
  • bridal booth 50%.jpg
    bridal booth 50%.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 874
Becky, your setup looks great! Thanks for sharing the photos.

I'm just really nervous about not covering all of my bases... The expo is located about 45 minutes from where I live so it's not like I can easily run home if I forget something. And I'm hoping that it will help me "break into" a new area. Obviously I hope to get some registries, but I would also really like to pique some interest for potential recruits!

We'll see...!

Thanks, Becky,
Do you mind telling us what that amount of space cost you? How many
hours was the Show, and what the results were: # of drawing slips filled out; # of Registry prospects; # of Bookings.
I have an opportunity that I am still weighing, and wonder if it is worth the
$125 for half a table, or $200 for a full table? Can you imagine setting up only a half table?

I'm doing a bridal booth with another consultant on Saturday.
We're having the prize drawing in the SA lg bowl inside the Woven, having 3 tiered stand & SA decorated with ribbon & jordan almonds, Stainless bowls stacked decorated with tulle, pc of cookware & stoneware, TTA decorated, and celebrate plate. Then we'll hand out our personal info. We're giving away FREE bridal shows & free cooking shows.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an awesome turnout & lots of leads:)

Becky, that looked really pretty. What kinds of flyers did you have up? I saw the bridal registry, but what are the colored ones? Also, what did you have on the stands? Is the banner behind you from Merrill? How did you hang it?

I too, am wondering what you had on the hot pink and yellow flyers. I have a show on the 10th and I am scrambling for ideas...

Ok, I did a huge bridal fair last weekend by myself, and I have a few tips:

1) be prepared to talk talk talk--the brides are on a mission to see as much as they can, you will have to have something to catch their attention. I was on my feet the whole 8 hours. (how many WW points do you think I racked up for excercise for 8 hours, LOL). Smile Smile Smile

2) You will probably have time to explain the Quick Registry to them, but don't be too miffed if they don't take the time to do it there, like I said, they are on a mission. Get their follow up info. I had them fill out the PD slip and told them I would email them with a link to my website that they could use. I told them they could use the link to set up their own registry or they could email me back and ask me to do it for them, then they could go in an adjust it as they wanted. I sent out emails the next day thanking them and got 8 responses for quick registries.

3) When you talk about Pampered Bride showers make sure you include the mother, aunt, bridesmaid, whoever is standing there with her. Stress how easy it is because you do everything except buy the food. Talk about the apron (they love the idea), etc. I did a separate PD slip for the showers.

4) I decided to do a monthly newsletter for Brides to Be, where I would email them an appetizer recipe, a main dish, and a dessert recipe so that they would have an arsenal (I even called it that and they laughed) of recipes that they could cook by the time they got married. I had them sign up on a clipboard and I got a big response from this--about 50 names.

5) have a quick handout/giveaway to give to them. I used old recipe cards with my sticker on them. You could just do a recipe on a peice of paper if you want. They all come in looking for something to put in their bags.

Have fun! And remember, the $$ is in the follow up.

Nancy Collins
Director
Orange, CA

Just make sure you have a raffle so you can get leads. I would not do any food! I did one on the last playoff game and it was really slow (I'm in Chicago) so maybe depending on where you are at you'll have a better turnout! Good Luck

I made these coupons.....if you get a lull, pass them to those passing by maybe. Can I get a copy of your Quick Registry form, Kearstin? I'm doing one Feb 24, so let me know if you have ideas after you do yours, if you don't mind. So, you have them fill out the quick form as their commitment to do a registry then you set it up, email it to them and let them pick their items, is that right?

Attachments

• WeddingRegistryCoupons2.pub
    859 KB · Views: 324
Nanisu said:
Ok, I did a huge bridal fair last weekend by myself, and I have a few tips:

1) be prepared to talk talk talk--the brides are on a mission to see as much as they can, you will have to have something to catch their attention. I was on my feet the whole 8 hours. (how many WW points do you think I racked up for excercise for 8 hours, LOL). Smile Smile Smile

2) You will probably have time to explain the Quick Registry to them, but don't be too miffed if they don't take the time to do it there, like I said, they are on a mission. Get their follow up info. I had them fill out the PD slip and told them I would email them with a link to my website that they could use. I told them they could use the link to set up their own registry or they could email me back and ask me to do it for them, then they could go in an adjust it as they wanted. I sent out emails the next day thanking them and got 8 responses for quick registries.

3) When you talk about Pampered Bride showers make sure you include the mother, aunt, bridesmaid, whoever is standing there with her. Stress how easy it is because you do everything except buy the food. Talk about the apron (they love the idea), etc. I did a separate PD slip for the showers.

4) I decided to do a monthly newsletter for Brides to Be, where I would email them an appetizer recipe, a main dish, and a dessert recipe so that they would have an arsenal (I even called it that and they laughed) of recipes that they could cook by the time they got married. I had them sign up on a clipboard and I got a big response from this--about 50 names.

5) have a quick handout/giveaway to give to them. I used old recipe cards with my sticker on them. You could just do a recipe on a peice of paper if you want. They all come in looking for something to put in their bags.

Have fun! And remember, the $$ is in the follow up.

Nancy Collins
Director
Orange, CA

Thanks, Nancy! I like the clipboard idea! Do you have a form for it? Thanks a bunch!!

DizziePixie said:
I made these coupons.....if you get a lull, pass them to those passing by maybe. Can I get a copy of your Quick Registry form, Kearstin? I'm doing one Feb 24, so let me know if you have ideas after you do yours, if you don't mind. So, you have them fill out the quick form as their commitment to do a registry then you set it up, email it to them and let them pick their items, is that right?

I love, love, love the coupons!!! Thanks so much for sharing them. I will definitely use the idea.

I will let you know how it went and offer any suggestions I can. We're due to get hit with a snowstorm over the weekend, so combine that with it being Super Bowl Sunday and who knows what will happen. Cross your fingers for me that it isn't a bust!

Yes, my plan is to have them fill out the form for the "Quick Registry" on the spot so that I have, as you say, a commitment from them. I will set it up and then email them once it is setup, and then they'll receive the packet from HO with all the other goodies.

I am making up packets to give those brides who sign up on the spot with the "Quick Registry Details", "Well-Stocked Kitchen" info (I'm checking CC periodically this morning to see if there is anything about it - I think it was supposed to be available today), a Registry Rewards flier (from Paperwork/Supply), a Season's Best, my business card, etc.I 'm putting this stuff in a white 9x13 envelope stamped with something cheesy like "Wishing You a Lifetime of Love" or something.

I'm also doing a packet for brides just interested in info to take with them. Their packet will have the Registry Rewards tri-fold brochure (from Paperwork/Supply), a recipe card, a mini catalog and my business card. This stuff is also going in a smaller version of the other envelope.

I'm going to do a drawing for a free bridal show, some gift certificates (through me), some products, etc.

Attachments

• Registration Form.doc
    275.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Quick Registry Details.doc
    276 KB · Views: 380
I just got done doing an expo and have a group of my girls doing one this weekend too. YES keep it simply. Believe it or not MANY did not still know of our benefits to brides. If at all possible put a large sign above your booth or against the wall stating "Bridal Registries and Showers". I had many people ask WHY Pampered Chef was there, even though I had a HUGE Poster Board right when they walked into my booth.
One other suggestion may be to wear your Bridal Apron. I have even heard consultants write on the apron...FREE BRIDAL REWARDS....REGISTRIES FOR BRIDES... Key words like that. It really attracts their attention.
I loved the 3 Tier Stand..I put a Tent card on each level.
1. Free Products 2. Half Priced Products 3. Discounts up to a Year
Then in the slot on top I put BRIDAL REWARDS.
Have fun!

If this is repeated I apologize, I thought I had it posted but did not see.
I would highly suggest having a banner or sign on your back wall of your booth saying real big "Bridal Registeries and Showers". I just did a booth and had people asking why PC was there. I even had a big poster as they walked in to my booth saying why. This will attract them to your booth to explore if they had not heard of our bridal benefits.

Another thing some consultants do is wear their Bridal Apron and even take it a step further write on the apron key words such as FREE PRODUCTS, DISCOUNTS, etc. Some consultants even wear their aprons to their kitchen shows to pique interest in our bridal benefits.

I did the 3 tier stand with white mints. Hobby lobby had them on sale and were extremely cheap and went a long way. On each tier I had a table tent card saying 1. FREE PRODUCTS 2. HALF PRICED ITEMS 3. DISCOUNTS. Then in the slit on top I had a card typed saying BRIDAL BENEFITS .

I love the idea of a monthly newsletter for Brides. Are you planning on using PC recipes? Do you use a newsletter service or do you make up your own?

I recently did a bridal show as part of a wedding network group I belong to and have a list of 500ish brides. I'd love to send them a bridal newsletter, but not sure how I would go about it.

BTW - This is my first time here - just from briefly looking around, I must say that you all ROCK! I can't wait to read more and get to know you all!

DizziePixie said:

Do you have that coupon in word format or Adobe. I don't have publisher:(

DITTO... Please send in another format if possible. Thanks

At my booth I had the pink and red heart shaped sugar cookies - The M & M's were most popular. The colors popped - We did custom ones for our own wedding - The pics are to big to attach

I gave out a little packet to the brides with Registry reqards info - Business opp information, I forgot to put in a flyer explaining the bridal showers

I had recipe cards available for everyone and a little product display.

If any of the brides' filled out the quick registry form during the show I gave them a Season's best cookbook

I also have a box to fill out for the prize drawing - A cookbook (Celebrate) and Twixits

Does anyone have a flyer on the bridal showers? We had a lot of people interested in these, but I had no info to give them. I explained what they were like, but I wanted them to take something home with them.

Here's the coupons in Word. I also added something else cool I found, just a nice service maybe for bridal packets...check it out! Then, I also made a sign up sheet for email addresses, etc for more info.

WE WILL CONQUER THOSE BRIDES!!! :D

Attachments

• WeddingCoupons.doc
    55 KB · Views: 570
  • WeddingDayChecklist.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 426
  • SignUpSheet_Email_BrideInfo.pub
    45 KB · Views: 332
HelpI am doing the exact same thing on Super Bowl Sunday! This is my first bridal event and I was wondering if anyone had a cute drawing slip to use. I just realized that I dont have enough of the other ones. thanks!

Noelle Williams
Sales Director
Alabama

This is what I'm using...

HTH,
Kearstin

Attachments

• Door Prize Drawing Slip.pub
    405 KB · Views: 320
bridal eventThis is great - thanks!:D

Noelle (that's my middle name BTW!), earlier in this thread are the other forms that I'm using in case you need some other stuff. DizziePixie also added some really great coupons to hand out to passers-by. I'm also working on a Well-Stocked Kitchen form if you need it - I'm tweaking the one on CC to add a little fluff.

Heres what I have doneI took some ideas off this loop and made a flyer in pastel pink to get the brides attention - it has the well stocked kitchen on the back. Then I am going to have wedding registry flyers and opportunity flyers.

Attachments

• Wedding Registry Flyer.doc
    153.5 KB · Views: 757
noellewilliams said:
I took some ideas off this loop and made a flyer in pastel pink to get the brides attention - it has the well stocked kitchen on the back. Then I am going to have wedding registry flyers and opportunity flyers.

Noelle,

That flyer kicks butt ;) Great Job!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• citymouse
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views