• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Ever Turned Me Into Ho, Really Deserves a Gold Star!I've Been

etc) and didn't see anything that would suggest that you were in any kind of legal trouble. I suggest you just relax and take a step back.
pamperedlinda said:
I am too and I did not read it that way.

Well we can't all be perfect. ;)

Holy moly folks...this is a little heated (and funny) all at the same time. Let's just build a bridge - and get over it!!

c00p said:
..... Let's just build a bridge - and get over it!!
I have never heard that one before! Love it. I'm going to save that and use it one day at the right time!

Todd... I understand you are upset. As you see it as someone who was trying to help got "slapped in the face". I see it as she made her bed now has to lie in it. If she did not want to get in trouble she should have been more careful about what she posted. As others said HO does patrool this board so it is completely within reason that they saw her post and did some research.

You keep complaining about the PC police who troll arround just looking for people to turn in. Maybee some people do that I do not know. I do know that many of us have seen blatant violations and have tried to nicely inform the violator and have been thanked with such venomus (sp) hateful ravings that it would make your grandmother faint! There are many people who do not know or understand the internet advertising policy. Some are new some are not. We are all on this site to help each other and that includes educating each other on this issue. Recently I very nicely notified someone via PM that they had their whole PWS listed in their signature. They were grateful as they had forgotten and did not know that it was against policy at the time they did it.

Botom line is if you are doing things that are wrong do NOT advertise that fact. If you get called on it do not freak out and blame others.

Last edited:
I use it probably too much!!! :D

c00p said:
Holy moly folks...this is a little heated (and funny) all at the same time. Let's just build a bridge - and get over it!!

You don't want me building a bridge. I can't hit a nail to save my life. :D

WOW! I cannot believe this! Has anyone else noticed that the original poster hasn't responded to any of this??? SOOOOO.... several people have wasted much time & energy in reaction to someone else's bad day!!!

This site is supposed to provide USEFUL information to help build our businesses, and provide a forum to discuss frustrations that only others in the business could understand.

This is an amazing business with lots of amazing people. I pray we can return to that! Threads like this do not "help people develop their God-given abilities.." as stated in OUR mission statement.

Allison, if you are following this, it is completely possible (& very rewarding to you & your family) to replace your FT income with PC. I, too, received an HO e-mail once on an internet violation. No, I wasn't happy, but I didn't let it ruin one of the best opportunities that I have ever been given. It takes lots of faith & the SUPPORT of people who actually understand your frustrations. Don't give up on PC or this site, whether or not someone reported you really doesn't matter. How you choose to react to it does.

pamperedtara said:
WOW! I cannot believe this! Has anyone else noticed that the original poster hasn't responded to any of this??? SOOOOO.... several people have wasted much time & energy in reaction to someone else's bad day!!!

The only reason I knew this thread even existed is because Allison sent me a private message telling me how hurt she was that someone would report her. She probably didn't come back because she didn't want to have to deal with it. I hope she doesn't give up PC or Chef Success either. I find this website very useful.

I don't think that anyone should take anything personally if they get an e-mail from HO about internet violations...you simply have NO way of knowing how the violation was found...I don't think ChefAnn has so much free time on her hands that she snoops around on the internet looking for violations as has been implied by many posts here...and even if she did, does it really matter?? If you get caught speeding, it doesn't matter if someone called the police from their cell phone or if the cops just happened to be driving by...what matters is that you were violating rules, whether you cared or not. I totally don't intend this to sound harsh at all, just that we don't know how violations were discovered, and we shouldn't rush to judgement when they are. I hope that the violations are fixed, and that this persons PC business really works for her, because I believe this business CAN work, WITHOUT violating the rules.

Confused about the internet polcy about premotingFor those like me whom just joined this chat site: Can you just say what the rules about self advertising is and what you can do on the internet?:confused:

For we know and let it be a waring to all of us.

And then if its a violation why are so many people selling things on ebay that are pampered chef or pampered chef related? I am very confused here.:confused:
can anyone explain it to me ? :confused:
l monninger

I have never heard that one before! Love it. I'm going to save that and use it one day at the right time!

Ok, I have to ask....where have you been???? lol

There's a longer version but it takes too long to get out. lol Go to college, get an engineering degree, build a bridge and get over it.

rennea said:
I like this one girls:

This one should be for the lady on YOUTUBE

Oh sorry, didn't want to start that one again :eek:

:chef:

lmonninger said:
For those like me whom just joined this chat site: Can you just say what the rules about self advertising is and what you can do on the internet?:confused:

For we know and let it be a waring to all of us.

And then if its a violation why are so many people selling things on ebay that are pampered chef or pampered chef related? I am very confused here.:confused:
can anyone explain it to me ? :confused:
l monninger

We cannot mention PC anywhere online, including putting it in a profile on a site like facebook, myspace, moms groups, etc. We cannot advertise our businesses or link to our website online in any way. We also cannot sell on e-bay. The reason so many PC products are for sale on e-bay is because it is difficult to enforce, so unfortunately some consultants do get away with it, and also the majority of people selling are not consultants or affiliated with PC, so HO can't control it. If a random person wants to sell their products on e-bay, they can, provided they don't use PC photos or copyrighted materials. Does that make sense?

Also, if you go to CC you can download the policies and procedures to read about it, although I know they can be confusing at times.

There is a whole long section in the policies and procedures related to Internet/Web policies. Bold type is directly from policies/procedures, other is my own...

Consultants of every level are prohibited from linking to their Pampered Chef Personal Web Sites. This includes both sponsored links and banner ads that you pay for, as well as non-sponsored links that you don't pay for.

you can't even have friends link to your site, or list your site anywhere such as myspace, facebook etc.

Only Executives and above may purchase a seperate domain name and develop a Web site ouside of their Pampered Chef Personal Web Site for the sole purpose of training and recognizing their downline. See Benefits and Priveleges for Executives and Above and the related policies below.

Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef Personal Web Site or approved vendor sites, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the internet

You may not purchase lists for e-mail marketing purposes. Spamming is not allowed

You may not sell any Pampered Chef products-current or discontinued- through online auction houses (like ebay.com) or on any Web site other than your personal Pampered Chef Web Site

Please do not mention, advertise, or promote your Pampered Chef business on any chat rooms, other than those created for communicating with other Consultants.

Other than through your Pampered Chef Personal Web Site, you may not promote or advertise your business on any other Web Site, Internet Directory, search engine, etc.

I would highly recommend just reading through the policies and procedures manual....there is a lot of info in there regarding internet, and I didn't feel like typing it all!!! :)

WOW! I take a little 6 hour drive (I'm in Atlanta) and log into THIS!

I am now going to use that ignore feature for the first time.

to keep it easier for myself to refer to I pulled this info directly from Policies and precedures.

Consultant Agreement
Terms and Conditions
A. As a Pampered Chef® Consultant, I understand and agree:

1. I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale. I will present Company products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the Company.
2. I will protect the Company’s trademarks and trade name by not reproducing the Company’s name and/or trademarks or copy any of the Company’s materials for use in any advertising without the prior written approval of the Company

PC Policies and procedures pg 21:
“Consultants of any level are prohibited from linking to their Pampered Chef® Persona Web Sites. “…… “Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.”
Pg22
Consultants and above
“Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Website or approved vendor sites like Visual Impact Products, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet.”

Pg 23
The Home Office will randomly audit links to Personal Web Sites to ensure these guidelines are being followed. If you wish to report a violation, please e-mail Consultant Career Solutions at

Thank you for the info on what you cant do and can do. It helps.
l.monninger:)

BethCooks4U said:
WOW! I take a little 6 hour drive (I'm in Atlanta) and log into THIS!

I am now going to use that ignore feature for the first time.
I thought that was last week. Don't forget about La Madelaine for breakfast, lunch or brunch - and did you get reservations for Dante's?

I, for one, am glad you got caught, Allison. Anyone who defends you, well, I have them on ignore, so I don't care what they have to say. ;) I personally wouldn't defend anyone who doesn't run their business ethically.

cathyskitchen said:
I, for one, am glad you got caught, Allison. Anyone who defends you, well, I have them on ignore, so I don't care what they have to say. ;) I personally wouldn't defend anyone who doesn't run their business ethically.

You are glad she got caught?!? :rolleyes: Nice. You must be a very pleasant person to be around. Honestly, I don't care what you have to say either. I wasn't defending her for any illegal activity I was just stating that it was none of anyone's business. She tried to help a fellow Cheffer and got ridiculed. Just remember Cathy, Karma can bite you in the rear. Future Director? I fear for anyone who is under you with THAT kind of attitude.

(Not that you aren't reading this or anything :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Note: This thread will remain open as long as people are expressing themselves in a civil manner. And right now it seems to be going down hill.

Last edited:
vtodd71 said:
She tried to help a fellow Cheffer and got ridiculed.

I have read through this thread and the other where it all began. I did not see a single person ridicule her for "helping someone out". The only thing that was said to her is that her advice was simply a violation of policy.

RebelChef said:
Ok, I have to ask....where have you been???? lol

There's a longer version but it takes too long to get out. lol Go to college, get an engineering degree, build a bridge and get over it.
I like the shorter version better

What? I can't hear you? Oh, right, you're on ignore. :p

Admin Greg said:
Note: This thread will remain open as long as people are expressing themselves in a civil manner. And right now it seems to be going down hill.

Reminds me of a saying... :rolleyes:

How's the weather by you Greg? I hear LOTS of snow!

janetupnorth said:
Reminds me of a saying... :rolleyes:

How's the weather by you Greg? I hear LOTS of snow!
Must be a northern thing....I don't get it :confused:

OK guys - yes, I am playing Mom here.

Rules of online etiquette are NO PERSONAL attacks...people aren't just expressing opinions in some posts - people are placing personal attacks.

That needs to stop or Greg will close the thread - we know that from the past!

janetupnorth said:
OK guys - yes, I am playing Mom here.

Rules of online etiquette are NO PERSONAL attacks...people aren't just expressing opinions in some posts - people are placing personal attacks.

That needs to stop or Greg will close the thread - we know that from the past!

I have to agree...I just noticed this thread and assumed it was a thread thanking everyone on Chef Success for such great ideas!

Pointing out that someone is in violation of policy isn't wrong...she was trying to keep the poster out of trouble (HO is on here all of the time...I am one of the one's who has received a call personally from HO from a very upset post from me, so I know that is a FACT...) as well as correcting something that is NOT ALLOWED so that other newbies wouldn't think it was OK. Trying to help is not being chef police.

I for one am not going to add to the bickering that's going on in this thread. If you have something of value to say, then say it. If it's just being juvenile, then keep it to yourself. You know...the Golden Rule. We all know it!

It's raining cats and dogs here in Indiana!

pampchefrhondab said:
We had sunshine today!! I actually was able to let my two monkeys go outside and play. Just checked, and we should have more of the same for the next few days!

Don't step in a poodle! :p

lol Sorry, couldn't resist.

I like the shorter version better

Me, too. The longer one is just kinda lame. lol

I believe the reason why people are worried about other people "breaking the rules" is that it can often take business away from those of us who follow the rules.

And I agree, if you are trying to help others and you "teach" the new consultants something that is obviously against policy, it should be pointed out. By pointing out their oversight it will hopefully stop the new consultants from getting bad advice. That is just my humble opinion.

You know many people don't read their guidlines when they are giving to them. I know that many people don't read their employee handbook when it was given to them at their other job besides PC. So if someone doesn't let you know when you over step a boundary how are you going to learn. Thus leads up to the next thing if we are going to try to give someone who is new to the biz. information it needs to be as lose if not exact to the rules. Because I don't about others I would not want to be responsible in others getting into trouble or be misguide with the wrong information. Especially since we are here to help others grow and mature in their endeavors.

As several people have said in one form or the other "Can't we just get along and agree to disagree"

That's my 2 cents I know many could careless. But oh well. Sticks and Stones. Guys

Question: How do you ignore someone? I had no idea that was an option until I read this insanely dramatic thread. lol

cathyskitchen said:
What? I can't hear you? Oh, right, you're on ignore. :p

That is REALLY grown up of you. :rolleyes:

fruit76loop said:
I believe the reason why people are worried about other people "breaking the rules" is that it can often take business away from those of us who follow the rules.

And I agree, if you are trying to help others and you "teach" the new consultants something that is obviously against policy, it should be pointed out. By pointing out their oversight it will hopefully stop the new consultants from getting bad advice. That is just my humble opinion.

First, how is anyone "breaking the rules" taking business away from you? Do you have statistics proving this theory? Second, I never EVER said it was O.K. for anyone to violate any policy. You just don't call someone out in a public forum. I'll give you an example. The wife and I were at a restaurant and this manager came up to a waitress and started "teaching" her about how she wasn't doing something right. It didn't matter whether she did something right or wrong. That manager should have called her to the back of the store and told her in private and not embarrass her in front of everyone. But just by looking at this manager, he looked like the type of guy who just loved calling people out in front of others. That is my point! Don't worry, I told him we would never eat there again because of his attitude!

Some people on this thread are just like that manager. They LOVE pointing out policy and rules and such. Maybe it makes them feel important. I don't know. I do know that I'm not going to set by and watch this happen. That is the only reason why I spoke up. Because some people need to be put in their place. I really wish Allison would come back and defend her own self on this issue. I'm tired of this thread and moving on to more positive ones. (I started one about the Regional Meetings you should check out) You guys can stick around and exchange pot shots but I'm out of here.

Okay, I finally have to say something. No one was trying to "point" out policy to anyone specific. We all pipe up once in a while when we see something that someone is pointing out that IS AGAINST THE CONTRACT they signed with PC. Ann was just trying to be polite and make sure that any new consultants on here don't start thinking that it's all right to do that. I don't know how this got to be such a witch hunt on Ann! Ann is one of the nicest most helpful people on here, she's one of the first people I made contact with when I finally quit lurking. I think it's crazy that it's been strung out this far, the name calling and people bashing. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. It's well known that HO visits here, Allison blatenly pointed out that she was doing something that was against policy. Even if no one said anything about it, HO may have still picked up on it. It's not the end of the world just because HO contacted her about it. You learn from your lessons and move on or you sit in your own pitty party and bring everybody else down with you.

vtodd71 said:
First, how is anyone "breaking the rules" taking business away from you? Do you have statistics proving this theory? Second, I never EVER said it was O.K. for anyone to violate any policy. You just don't call someone out in a public forum. I'll give you an example. The wife and I were at a restaurant and this manager came up to a waitress and started "teaching" her about how she wasn't doing something right. It didn't matter whether she did something right or wrong. That manager should have called her to the back of the store and told her in private and not embarrass her in front of everyone. But just by looking at this manager, he looked like the type of guy who just loved calling people out in front of others. That is my point! Don't worry, I told him we would never eat there again because of his attitude!

Some people on this thread are just like that manager. They LOVE pointing out policy and rules and such. Maybe it makes them feel important. I don't know. I do know that I'm not going to set by and watch this happen. That is the only reason why I spoke up. Because some people need to be put in their place. I really wish Allison would come back and defend her own self on this issue. I'm tired of this thread and moving on to more positive ones. (I started one about the Regional Meetings you should check out) You guys can stick around and exchange pot shots but I'm out of here.

Stirring the pot......stir......stir.......:rolleyes:

Todd...STOP IT. You were the one that kept stirring it up on the other thread, and you're doing it again on this one. You don't always need to have the last word.

I am brand new to this site, and while my first impression was that it was awesome, especially for a newbie like me who's just starting with PC, I'm now starting to think that all anyone does is fight. I can't believe I paid $5 for this.

Can someone please tell me how to place someone on ignore?

Thanks...sorry to vent, but this is really bumming me out.

This is a train wreck thread, yet I keep looking at it.

Go To Quick Links, User Control Panel, Miscellaneous, Buddy/Ignore Lists, and add your offenders. It's a great feature!

Kristy, please don't leave - there's a lot of great advice on here, and there are only a handful of people who like to "stir the pot", as you have just noted. Everyone else is great and wants to HELP with your business.

kspry said:
This is a train wreck thread, yet I keep looking at it.

It's like a soap opera...once you start watching you have to keep watching...until you come to your senses and realize that it is all silly!:) :)

RebelChef said:

Oh my - that made me laugh this a.m. - thanks Marisa!!!!

VTodd - I am going to address you personally and not as a "personal" attack and nothing directed at you personally, but at your line of thinking.

First, you are the ONLY one that keeps bringing up that point of view. I am not one that diligently seeks out violators, but if I run across it I will report it if I have time. Why? It may not hurt MY business directly, but it is hurting SOMEONE'S PC business and more importantly the name of the company I represent as a consultant. It is a violation of their procedures.

I ask you in relation to that. How can you constantly preach to ignore an issue put DIRECTLY in front of you? Are you the person who won't call the cops when a robbery happens right in front of you or a car accident because after all, it's none of my business, they aren't hurting ME! As an EMT, I cannot comprehend that line of thinking. Breaking a rule is hurting someone, maybe not me, but maybe a friend, neighbor, coworker, etc. Granted you will argue that an internet violation is not the same as an injury, but it is the same principle and attitude.

In agreeing to be a PC consultant, we all agreed to "conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the company" - point #1 in your consultant agreement.

In that, how can you criticize someone who politely tries to correct a fellow consultant for clearly stating they violated policy? :confused:

RebelChef said:

I have a few GIANT poodles in my yard today! (LOL) (Actually more like small river). We got over 2" of rain!! I can't imagine if that would have been snow! Thank God I don't have a basement!!

I also thank God we didn't have a tornado. I hope all our CS buddies in the south are okay today!

Totally agree with ya there Janet:thumbup:

Hey I booked another March show last night!

I too keep reading this...it's just that addictive weird thing inside of me kicking in:cool:

I am in TN, had 2 tornados touch down within 10 miles of here. Thank god we are good. They said 24 killed in TN due to storms but none in this area. My husband works for Comcast so he is in for a long day!!

Another way to add someone to your ignore list is to click on their Avatar (picture) - the screen then shows information about the person that they have chosen to make public. There you can choose to make them your buddy or to ignore them.

Kodeysmom said:
I am in TN, had 2 tornados touch down within 10 miles of here. Thank god we are good. They said 24 killed in TN due to storms but none in this area. My husband works for Comcast so he is in for a long day!!
Wow, that's scary! I hate tornadoes....luckily here we only had half the snow they were predicting.

Kodeysmom said:
Wow! Crazy! My parents just moved to Henderson TN, this past summer after about 50 years in California! My Mom is tripping out, my Dad is taking it with a grain of salt. He said in Calif. they worried about earthquakes, TN... tornados, the gulf coast.... hurricanes.... and up North where I am, I thought we were having a blizzard! Almost depressed me on my b-day! LOL!
Hang in there Kodeysmom! We'll be praying for you and all our fellow TN cheffers!:angel:

janetupnorth said:
Todd - the issue is who and what you are trying to defend. If you are defending someone who blatantly states they violate policy then gets caught however it may be then comes on to attack people on here who provide a wealth of knowledge and valuable experience and THEN attack or call names to those who stand up for uncalled for attacks...well, then yes, don't stick your neck out. Silence would have been better.

I thought long and hard about posting on any of these threads but logic states that the poster was being childish, is blaming others for being caught violating a rule - not link anyone here created links for her - well, that just needs to stop. That is common sense and logical.

The rest is a flurry of emotions that will die down if left unstirred.

I also was not going to post...but I think that Janet has a good point here and I am going to take it one step further.

If you are driving and you see a car ahead of you that is swerving a lot (and for a while) and you suspect that they are a drunk driver, what do you do? Do you do the ethical thing and report them? If the are a drunk driver, they could harm others as well as themselves. Or do you sit back and hope that they do not harm anyone or themselves and think that they have the right to drive until the police spot them themselves?

Now Alison's violation of HO policy is not as sever as drunk driving, but I wanted to use an extreme to make a point. HO has the policy for a reason. When someone violates it they are putting the rest of us consultants that are following the rules at a disadvantage.

I have no idea if anyone here "reported" her or not. But I do know that HO follows this site. They could very easily have read that thread and googled her name as well. Afterall that is why they read this site.

<h2>1. Why did you receive a violation notice from Pampered Chef?</h2><p>As an independent consultant for Pampered Chef, you are expected to uphold the company's policies and guidelines, both in person and online. It is possible that something you posted on a social media platform or online forum violated these policies, leading to a violation notice from the company.</p><h2>2. Can you clarify what the violation was?</h2><p>Pampered Chef may not provide specific details about the violation, but it is likely related to inappropriate or offensive language or behavior online. The company expects its consultants to maintain a professional and respectful online presence at all times.</p><h2>3. What can happen if I am found to be in violation of Pampered Chef's policies?</h2><p>If it is determined that you have violated company policies, you may receive a warning, have your account suspended, or even have your consultant membership terminated. It is important to familiarize yourself with the company guidelines and adhere to them to avoid any potential issues.</p><h2>4. Can I appeal a violation notice from Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Yes, you can appeal a violation notice by contacting the company's compliance team and providing any relevant information or context. However, it is important to remember that as an independent consultant, you are responsible for your own online behavior and actions.</p><h2>5. How can I prevent receiving a violation notice in the future?</h2><p>The best way to avoid receiving a violation notice is to carefully review and follow Pampered Chef's policies and guidelines, both in person and online. Be mindful of the language and content you post online and always strive to maintain a professional and positive image as a representative of the company.</p>

1. Why did you receive a violation notice from Pampered Chef?

As an independent consultant for Pampered Chef, you are expected to uphold the company's policies and guidelines, both in person and online. It is possible that something you posted on a social media platform or online forum violated these policies, leading to a violation notice from the company.

2. Can you clarify what the violation was?

Pampered Chef may not provide specific details about the violation, but it is likely related to inappropriate or offensive language or behavior online. The company expects its consultants to maintain a professional and respectful online presence at all times.

3. What can happen if I am found to be in violation of Pampered Chef's policies?

If it is determined that you have violated company policies, you may receive a warning, have your account suspended, or even have your consultant membership terminated. It is important to familiarize yourself with the company guidelines and adhere to them to avoid any potential issues.

4. Can I appeal a violation notice from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can appeal a violation notice by contacting the company's compliance team and providing any relevant information or context. However, it is important to remember that as an independent consultant, you are responsible for your own online behavior and actions.

5. How can I prevent receiving a violation notice in the future?

The best way to avoid receiving a violation notice is to carefully review and follow Pampered Chef's policies and guidelines, both in person and online. Be mindful of the language and content you post online and always strive to maintain a professional and positive image as a representative of the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lsm72
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
2 3 4
Replies
Views
heat123
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jenniwest04