• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Great Ho Customer Service Turn Someone's Day Around?

In summary, the Solution Center provided great customer service by processing an adjustment quickly and efficiently.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I just got off the phone with the Solution Center.....and what a terrific story I have to tell!
I had a past host call me this weekend - her Rec. Baker had broken, and she was so devestated - wondered if she could order one at the sale price to replace it? I told her we could get her a new one no problem - for free - (she's had it for about 6 months) and she was thrilled. As background, she has had a really tough year, a child w/ a chronic illness who needs alot of care and has had several surgeries this yr., death of a parent, loss of a job......etc.....
So I called HO, got the ref. # for her and emailed her with the info she needed to do the return.
She called me this morning in tears - her husband had thrown away the stone - so she was wondering if she could STILL order it at the sale price to replace it.
I said "Let me call you back in a little while okay?", and then called HO. I told the very nice lady named Lisa what had happened, and she told me that as a one time courtesy, she would process the return and send out the new baker!:D :D :D
I called my customer back, and gave her the good news - and she burst into tears! Her words were "I always have to learn the hard way, and it seems like this year I haven't had a break at all....no one has EVER gone to this length for me...I can't believe you followed up like that for me! - You have made my day."
SO, thanks to HO, I look good to the customer....I've given her a bright spot in a hard time, and all it took on my part was a couple phone calls!
I've done my share of complaining about the Solution Center....but today I am thrilled with the service I received....and now I'm off to send an email letting them know how thankful I am!

What an awsome story!! I have never thought that HO is bad at all and this just reiterates my feelings!! I love PC!!

March has started out great for them hasn't it. I have called 2 times today and I cannot tell you how HAPPY and KIND they both were... the last one even extended an excetption to the 30 day rule (4 days past on an adjustment for a past host) and is sending FedEx out to get both boxes... I am THRILLED for you that you could bless your customer ... God always knows when someone needs an extra boost and He used you for her!!!!!!!!! I'm so thankful that both my calls were so encouraging too... Makes me feel so much better about telling my guests that they can call in with adjustments as well.

Is it so good to see this on CS. Sometimes we need to gripe and then forget to praise when things work the way they are supposed to or even better! Make sure to send your original post to HO - add the name of the person who helped you if you still have it. They work so much better when they are recognized and praised!!! Isn't that one reason we do so well, too?

I really think we have the best HO in direct sales. They aren't perfect. Occasionally there is an issue. But they are still the BEST!

I am glad they were great in this situation! For the most part I have not had any major problems with them.

And it sure sounds like this lady needed something good!

Thank you so much for sharing this. I think sometimes to much energy gets put into what is wrong, instead of what is right!

Oh, how wonderful! Doesn't it feel great to make her day and you were just doing your job like you always do?

I had a customer break a rectangular baker yesterday too. She was excited to get a new one as well.

I was also proud of HO's service when I processed an adjustment yesterday...I had a customer order the mini-fluted pan and I entered in P3 as the fluted pan. When I opened the shipment I thought they sent the wrong thing, but sure enough I entered the wrong item number. I called HO for a call-back (the wait time was 1hour 53mins- 2hours 19mins) and they called me back at 7:30pm ALASKA time! I was shocked to hear from them that late and she took care of the adjustment right away!

Let the HO know how Lisa gave you excellent customer service. They get rewarded as they accumulate.

Perhaps it's unethical, I'm not sure. But I have a broken stone in a box that I keep for those type situations. I've had at least three guests have their husband throw away a broken stone before it got returned. Now, I have something they can send back.

I think if you get someone who isn't in a hurry or having a stressful day they are more than helpful.
Right after Thanksgiving I had a guest call to tell me she had used her new roasting pan (that she bought in Sept) for her turkey and the rack broke. Well there is no replacing only the rack. So they wanted her to send both the rack and the pan back at her expense.:eek:
I very calmly said, "what!!? ,that will cost a fortune!
I was put on hold for about 30 seconds and she came back to tell me they would be sending out a return label even though the 30 days had passed.

beepampered said:
Perhaps it's unethical, I'm not sure. But I have a broken stone in a box that I keep for those type situations. I've had at least three guests have their husband throw away a broken stone before it got returned. Now, I have something they can send back.

I have heard other consultants do that as well!

I don't think that is wrong because the customer DID have a stone that broke and just unwittingly threw it away...

I don't have a broken stone, otherwise, I would probably do that as well.

Oh and thanks Becky, for posting the story! It's great to hear positive stories...

I had 4 cranberry pieces show up broken in the fall so I saved a small piece so people could see the cranberry color without me bringing whole heavy pieces to my shows.

Hey, Gillian, great way to bring something positive out of a problem.

cmdtrgd said:
Is it so good to see this on CS. Sometimes we need to gripe and then forget to praise when things work the way they are supposed to or even better! Make sure to send your original post to HO - add the name of the person who helped you if you still have it. They work so much better when they are recognized and praised!!! Isn't that one reason we do so well, too?

Well said, Kate! I completely agree.

I am so happy to hear such positive things posted about the Solution Center. They have been nice to me all along and one even referred me to a supervisor to get something solved better. They have tough jobs sometimes and deserve to be praised when they help us and our customers! It works both ways!

Do let HO know that Lisa was great!

I honestly have had good experiences as well, sometimes slow responses to e-mail or long hold times, but good results.

Yes, ditto others, please praise them and send an e-mail to HO, they'd appreciate it...

What is your return policy?

Our return policy allows for returns and exchanges within 30 days of purchase. Items must be in their original packaging and in new, unused condition. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with returns or exchanges.

How can I track my order?

To track your order, simply log into your account on our website and select the "Order History" tab. From there, you can view the status of your order and track its shipment.

Do you offer free shipping?

Yes, we offer free standard shipping on all orders over $75. This offer is automatically applied at checkout and does not include expedited shipping options.

What if my item arrives damaged?

We apologize if your item arrived damaged. Please contact our customer service team within 5 days of receiving your order and we will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

Can I cancel or change my order?

If you need to cancel or make changes to your order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but please note that orders are processed and shipped quickly, so we cannot guarantee changes can be made.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • chefmickey1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCMomto4