• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hurrah for Me! - a Radio Interview

In summary, Dave's radio interview on Ken Vincent's Business OutVoice will air tomorrow, Saturday, June 5, at 11 a.m. He is the second segment (right after CNN News). If you live in the Coachella Valley, you can hear it on AM 1450. Nationwide you can also hear it streaming LIVE at the station's website: http://www.kptr1450.com/index.php - 11 a.m. Pacific time. After the fact, a recording of the interview will also be online at http://www.businessoutvoice.com/ - It should be posted sometime Saturday afternoon and will remain up for at a few weeks.
RMDave
Gold Member
My radio interview on Ken Vincent's Business OutVoice will air tomorrow, Saturday, June 5, at 11 a.m. I am the second segment (right after CNN News).If you live in the Coachella Valley, you can hear it on AM 1450. Nationwide you can also hear it streaming LIVE at the station's website: http://www.kptr1450.com/index.php - 11 a.m. Pacific time. After the fact, a recording of the interview will also be online at http://www.businessoutvoice.com/ - It should be posted sometime Saturday afternoon and will remain up for at a few weeks.NOTES to prevent riots and hysteria:(a) The program highlights gay and lesbian businesses and business people in the Palm Springs, CA area and their economic impact on the area. If this is going to offend you, don't listen. Don't think about it. Go cook Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake in your DCB. Don't flame me!(b) Before everybody jumps up and down ...YES, HO and my AD were notified about the interview in January.

Last edited:
WOW! How exciting!

Congrats Dave! That's awesome! Oh the biz that will come your way! Wishing it to be a FAB and amazing experience!

Laurie, when the local newspaper ran a huge article on me (Two big photos in color and one black and white) the only thing accomplished was a possible recruit who was living in his car and had to borrow a cellphone to call me. Oh wait, I also got an order for a grapefruit knife.Hopefully this will do better.

Cool! Hope you get more than a replacement part order and warranty issue ;) Sounds like a neat radio show.

Becca, LOL that's exactly what I'm expecting. Keeping my fingers crossed for at least a party or two.

I've thought about offering to take the Jerk Chicken Nachos in to my favorite local morning show. They're always eating with a local restaurant bringing food in. But, I have kids and I'm a SAHM and I don't like early mornings and I'm very good with coming up with excuses!

Gotta let us know the results, Dave.

Will do, Becca ... and the idea of Pampering your local morning show is brilliant. As for being a Stay At Home Mom - kids travel well. The reward of ice cream for good behavior might go very far. Otherwise they're grounded until they reach the age of majority!

Dave, great news! Hooray, and let us know how it goes. Becca, I think Dave is right, if you have been procrastinating pampering your morning show, DO IT! Take the kids, it adds to the whole thing, shows you can be a SAHM and have a great and fun business...it reaches out to others. Good luck to everyone who is inspired by this thread to push past their comfort zones, and Dave, thanks for the inspiration. Furthermore, I am sure posting the thread was pushing past the comfort zone, so we can be inspired just by that very act!Marghi

I am going to try to listen live as I am just over the mountain from you Dave! Way to work your business!

PCJenni, you can always listen on the stations website or anybody can hear it once its posted on the program's site (tomorrow afternoon)

Marghi, ME? Push people past their comfort zone? ME? I guess I tend to do that frequently. LOL

Silly guy, I meant you had to push yourself a little, too, though I know it will have the effect you mentioned, too.love you,
Marghi

Marghi ... ditto!

Hmmm....well, here's hoping for better results Dave! Regardless, it's just an awesome kudo to you already for being chosen. I will definitely be listening once it's posted....it's bound to be entertaining and fun.

They were smart to pick you!

Again, Way to go!

Thanks, Laurie. I'm not sure who else is being interviewed or what bar/restaurant/trending night spot ... but I'm glad at whatever period of time they give me.

I think the interview went well. You can listen to it at http://www.businessoutvoice.com/ - I believe I'm the 2nd interview on the page. Just look for "Pampered Chef"

Oh, Oh, the radio program's page just put a link next to my interview leading to my PWS. I've written, asking them to take it down.Damn!

You're so awesome - I am very proud of you!!

Cool interview! I hope you get some great business from it.

.......but Doris isn't from England, she is from Chicago. PC has always been a US company.

pamperedlinda said:
....but Doris isn't from England, she is from Chicago. PC has always been a US company.

I have no idea where that came from .. it just came rushing out of my mouth .. but of course its too late to change.

Thanks for listening.

dannyzmom said:
You're so awesome - I am very proud of you!!

Carolyn, you're very sweet. Yes, I am awesome .. plus other things that my AD calls me.

I'm listening right now, Dave, this is great!! You even managed to do some recruiting! Love this interview, and I plan to bookmark it!Love your sense of humor. Like the idea of "spending my evenings with crazy people"--and remember you can make the bacon in the oven on the bar pan--if you are ever asked to do a party like the one you described. "I love mentoring people"--great quote to reach out!Marghi

BlueMoon said:
I'm listening right now, Dave, this is great!! You even managed to do some recruiting! Love this interview, and I plan to bookmark it!

Love your sense of humor. Like the idea of "spending my evenings with crazy people"--and remember you can make the bacon in the oven on the bar pan--if you are ever asked to do a party like the one you described.

"I love mentoring people"--great quote to reach out!

Marghi

Marghi, so glad you listened. I've already done a nudist party ... today is 106 degrees. You think people wanna wear clothes? LOL

It turned out to be $1589 - so they must have kept their wallets SOMEWHERE.

Dave....great job! You were exceptional. Well spoken and informative. Sounds like the radio host was most engaged, and boy did you make some great points! Hoping you get lots of high sales shows and a bigger, active team!

You made me laugh when you helped correct him. Lots of good plugs!

I love the pic of you "in action"! Super good!

Congrats and Whoo Hoo!

Thank you, Laurie ... you are truly a sweetheart.

RMDave said:
Marghi, so glad you listened. I've already done a nudist party ... today is 106 degrees. You think people wanna wear clothes? LOL

It turned out to be $1589 - so they must have kept their wallets SOMEWHERE.

you've already done it? so....what, no bookings? If it was 1500+, I'd think you'd be looking for re-books!

Seriously, I 've got to admit, you've got more guts than me. I don't know if I could do a swim suit party!

yours
Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Seriously, I 've got to admit, you've got more guts than me. I don't know if I could do a swim suit party!

Neither could I ... but nude with PC's denim apron on? No problem.

Great interview, Dave!

thanks, Barb

Dave, I've been thinking about your interview, and you really did touch on a lot of points. Did you take a list with you to remind you what to hit on? You managed to be so conversational, and yet you touched on our products, the quality, the history of the company, the consultant and host benefits, the fun, the charitable giving, and even gave a way to contact you. You must have prepared well to sound so off the cuff and still hit all the marks.
Marghi

Thanks, Marghi. My only prep was what I tell people all the time. Every story I told I've told at shows. My only preparation in reality was writing the address of the radio station down on a piece of paper (which I left on my kitchen table). Anyway I got there.As I said in the interview, I talk to a lot of strangers. I've got my stories down pat. :)

BlueMoon said:
Dave, I've been thinking about your interview, and you really did touch on a lot of points. Did you take a list with you to remind you what to hit on? You managed to be so conversational, and yet you touched on our products, the quality, the history of the company, the consultant and host benefits, the fun, the charitable giving, and even gave a way to contact you. You must have prepared well to sound so off the cuff and still hit all the marks.
Marghi

Exactly Marghi. Dave was quite impressive and sounded natural. It flowed so smoothly, and he managed to cover everything a couple of times. I'd log onto to your website and check it out because of the interview.

Also, Dave. I'm sorry to hear about losing your partner. I did not realize it was not so long ago. :( Your honesty about the pain and needing permission to rejoin others was courageous.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Also, Dave. I'm sorry to hear about losing your partner. I did not realize it was not so long ago. :( Your honesty about the pain and needing permission to rejoin others was courageous.
Thank you, Laurie. My partner and I celebrated our 40th anniversary last July 4th and he passed away two weeks later. I'm still emotionally raw. That's the reason I'm not attending NC this year. It just doesn't feel "right" to be attending such a large, pleasurable and festive gathering right between what would have been the celebration of our 41st year and the first anniversary of his death.On the flip side, I'm sure I helped the ratings for "Law & Order" during my initially depressed period - and I plan to attend NC in 2011.

Dave,
Thank you for sharing your story. It is so hard to lose someone you love, someone you spent the majority of your life with.A dear friend once told me that I would never "get over" a particular loss. At first I thought it was a cruel thing to say, and then he explained what he meant. The person you lost is a part of you, like your arm, or your foot. A loss like that is not something we "get over."
But, he went on, like someone who has lost a part of their body, eventually we adapt, we learn how to go on.
And ultimately we begin living a full life again, built on the love that strengthened us all those years, the love that continues to be part of us.
You bring a lot of smiles and inspiration here, Dave. Part of that is the strong relationship you and Matt had all those years, and that contributes to who you are today.
May the love that shined so strong all those years light your way through the recovery, and into the next stages of your life.
yours
Marghi

Thanks, Marghi - that friend of your's was very wise - and very correct. 40 years was nearly 80% of my life ... but you know something, I would have been happy to go another 40 with him.D

Dave,

Anniversaries of loss can be tough. For the first few years after my mom died, I was not able to be alone on that day.

As we live, so they live, so they are part of us
As we remember them

Off to see if my computer will let me pull up the interview ....

Di_Can_Cook said:
Off to see if my computer will let me pull up the interview ....

Let me know.

It finally played .... just took flippin' forever!

My area morning show is an hour away, and the station I listen to most mornings is in some other state. But there is a local station I listen to every once in a while. They might get a pan of brownies.

Set it up with the show's producer first. Good luck and let me know if you have success.

1. What is the purpose of your radio interview on "Hurrah for Me!"?

The purpose of my radio interview is to discuss my book "Hurrah for Me!", which is a personal memoir about my journey as a gay business owner in the Palm Springs area. I will also talk about the economic impact of the LGBTQ+ community on the local business scene.

2. When and where will the interview air?

The interview will air tomorrow, Saturday, June 5, at 11 a.m. on AM 1450 in the Coachella Valley. It will also be available for streaming live on the station's website, http://www.kptr1450.com/index.php, at 11 a.m. Pacific time. A recording of the interview will also be available on http://www.businessoutvoice.com/ after the live airing.

3. Who is the host of the radio interview?

The host of the radio interview is Ken Vincent, on his show Business OutVoice. He focuses on highlighting LGBTQ+ businesses and business people in the Palm Springs area.

4. Is the interview only for LGBTQ+ individuals?

No, the interview is open to everyone. It is a platform to discuss the impact of the LGBTQ+ community on the local business scene and to share my personal journey as a gay business owner. Everyone is welcome to tune in and listen.

5. Who was notified about the interview?

I notified my employer, Pampered Chef, and my AD (Area Director) about the interview in January. This was done as a courtesy and to ensure that there would be no conflicts or misunderstandings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back