• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Piece Would You Recommend?

The skillet is more versatile.The stir fry pan is more versatile, but the 12" skillet is more versatile.
cooking.with.ann
Gold Member
Cheffers,

I'm debating between two pieces of the Executive Cookware (finances only allow for the purchase of one right now) so, which would you recommend:

the 12" skillet or the stir-fry pan?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I would recommend the 12" skillet, as it is more versatile. I use my stir fry pan more often, but I do stir fry more than I fry things up, but the flat bottomed pan is definitely more versatile with the flat bottom and you can do stir fry in it if you had to.

They hold about the same amount, but with the 12" skillet you can make the skillet cakes, too.

Definitely the 12 inch skillet! You can do it all in that pan!

I'd recommend the 12" Family Skillet. Great for omelets, cakes, and we use ours several times a week. I probably use the Stir Fry only half as often, if that. I can justify the Family skillet for demonstrations but have only used the Stir Fry at three out of 50 parties. I use the Family skillet as often as I can convince my hostess to have a recipe I use it for. That would be 1 out every 2.

the skillet, hands down.

You can bake, simmer, saute, fry, etc in it. Plus... it is great for a crowd.

I use my stir fry pan all the time because I don't have the 12 inch skillet! Once I get it I will have a whole new bounty of recipes, LOL!

skillet skillet skillet skillet skillet.

I'm salivating for one of my Jan hosts to forgo her special. :)

I have both, and I use the skillet more.

12" skillet...you can use this for so much more like the cakes.

Oh my gosh! The Family Skillet hands down!!! I use that like every day!!!!
I have my one and only host this month that is not getting the piece of cookware so I am going to get the Executive Grill Pan!!!! I have been wanting it for a while!!!!:D

pamela said:
I have both, and I use the skillet more.

DITTO!!! Buy the Skillet...........you WILL love it!!:D

Skillet!I totally agree with the skillet! Although I don't have the stir fry pan. I use my skillet almost daily...I just got it last month. I love the Pineapple Upside down cake, and I also made a pot roast that I seared on the stovetop and finished in the oven...Yummy!

Gosh- maybe I need the skillet too!!

gilliandanielle said:
Gosh- maybe I need the skillet too!!

You do Gillian, it's wonderful. LOVE IT:D

the skillet, by far is the most versitile. I have the Prof. 10" and I use it everyday. Someday I will get enough $$$$ to get the12", but for now Im good. Skillet Skillet Skillet Skillet

Not to mention the Skillet makes an awesome PineApple upside down cake!!!

cmdtrgd said:
They hold about the same amount, but with the 12" skillet you can make the skillet cakes, too.

You can do the cakes in the stir fry pan too they will just be domed instead of flat. Now, having said that, if I could only choose one, I would get the skillet now and then later the stir fry. I have them both and love them both.

Related to Which Piece Would You Recommend?

1. Which piece would you recommend for everyday cooking?

Our 11" Non-Stick Skillet is perfect for everyday cooking. It has a durable non-stick coating and a comfortable handle for easy use.

2. What piece would you suggest for baking?

The Stoneware Rectangular Baker is great for baking casseroles, brownies, and more. Its non-stick surface and even heat distribution make it a favorite among our customers.

3. Can you recommend a versatile piece that can be used for multiple purposes?

The Flexible Cutting Mats are a must-have in any kitchen. They can be used for cutting, chopping, and even as a surface for rolling out dough. Plus, they are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.

4. I need a piece that can be used for both stovetop and oven cooking. What do you suggest?

Our Executive Cookware Set is perfect for stovetop and oven cooking. The set includes a Dutch oven, skillet, and saucepan, all with heat-resistant handles and a non-stick surface.

5. Which piece do you recommend for grilling?

The Outdoor Portable Grill is a great option for grilling on the go. It has a compact design, easy to clean non-stick grates, and a temperature control feature for perfectly cooked meats every time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikiknits
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies