• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which L Train to Take to the Sheraton?

In summary, the best way to get to the Sheraton from Midway Airport is to take the Orange Line train and get off at Randloph stop. After that, you can take a cab or a shuttle.
reba515
We are taking the L into the city from Midway. Can someone tell me which line and what stop will bring us the closest, please! thanks!

I couldn;t find it on the Shearton website which I thought was strange too :confused:

I'd love to know this too:) It's such a money-saver, & fun too!

My director said it would reqire to buss transfers between midway and the Sheraton....so we are trying to decided if we want to get a Limo, or a taxi from the airport.

I just copied/pasted the information...so sorry about the CAPS.

HTH...Jane

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/

Take CTA ORANGE LINE TRAIN (ORANGE LINE - CLOCKWISE)
Depart: MIDWAY CTA At 02:46 PM
Arrive: CLARK/LAKE CTA (BLU/BRN/GRN/ORN/PRP/PNK) At 03:16 PM

Walk 0.1 mile NW to LASALLE & BETWEEN WACKER & LAKE
Take CTA BUS # 135 CLARENDON LASALLE EXP NORTHBOUND
Depart: LASALLE & BETWEEN WACKER & LAKE At 03:22 PM
Arrive: UPPER WACKER & UPPER COLUMBUS At 03:24 PM
Walk 0.1 mile N to SHERATON CHICAGO HOTEL AND TOWERS

Regular Fare: Senior/Disabled Fare:
$ 2.25 $ 0.85

Arrive: STATE/VAN BUREN CTA (BRN/ORN/PRP/PNK) At 03:10 PM

Take CTA BUS # 10 MUSEUM SCI IND NORTHBOUND
Depart: VAN BUREN & STATE At 03:13 PM
Arrive: UPPER MICHIGAN & TRIBUNE/WRIGLEY BLDGS At 03:22 PM
Walk 0.3 mile E to SHERATON CHICAGO HOTEL AND TOWERS

$ 2.25 $ 0.85

Arrive: ROOSEVELT CTA At 03:07 PM

Take CTA BUS # 29 STATE NORTHBOUND
Depart: ROOSEVELT & STATE At 03:12 PM
Arrive: ILLINOIS & COLUMBUS At 03:28 PM
Walk 0.1 mile S to SHERATON CHICAGO HOTEL AND TOWERS

$ 2.25 $ 0.85

WHEW... that made me tired just reading that!!! LOL

Sorry Leah...I just should have put the link to the CTA sight...LOL

LOL that is okay..... My Director and I were talking about it last night and I said the same thing to her... she laughed!!

After looking at several maps, it would appear that you could take the Orange Line and get off at Randloph and then take a cab to the Sheraton. It shouldn't be that expensive to only take a cab a few blocks and it seems like that would be easier than doing the bus transfer.

Just my $.02,
Penny

Penny gives good advice. Get off the orange line train at a stop near the Sheraton and then take a cab then rest of the way. Then you don't need to figure out which bus to take because MANY different busses stop at the same corner.

Oh, and it's EL train, as in Elevated.

Deb, what about direct from the airport to MC cormick place? Taxi it strait there?

Which airport?

o hare airport?

O'Hare to McCormick requires two trains and a bus. Do you want full directions?

DebbieJ said:
Oh, and it's EL train, as in Elevated.

LOL we call it the the T here as in Train (or Subway :confused: ).:D So i just assumed :eek:

Thanks all for the info!

heat123 said:
Deb, what about direct from the airport to MC cormick place? Taxi it strait there?
I would say taking one of those shuttles is a fast and easy way and chances are, you'll find other consultants who might be getting in a little late like you that can share a shuttle. Or a cab works too. I just hope you can find someone to split it with since that'll make it much cheaper!:) I suppose you'd get to avoid traffic if you take the El into the "loop" (the main downtown area), then take a connecting train or just take a cab from there.

That would be what I would vote for...take the El from O'Hare to downtown/loop, then just take a cab. I can find out more specific instructions if you want. :)

Hi all... I'm a native Chicagoan. If you are getting a cab from either Midway or Ohare, do mention to the cabbie that you want the shared rate. From Midway, it will cost about $14 from Midway to downtown - which includes McCormick Place. From Ohare, I believe its $19.

All cabs have these prices inside so don't let them take advantage of you! :)

heat123 said:
Ok, after thinking about this more and knowing that you want to get downtown as quickly as possible so as not to miss too much of that first workshop.....

I would suggest taking the "El" if you're comfortable with that. The trains run VERY frequently and you don't have to deal with the congested traffic that may or may not be an issue at that time of day. You just NEVER know. I'd take the "El" which would be the blue line to the Jackson/Dearborn station and get off. You'd get off there, go to street level and get a cab and take that directly to McCormick place. I believe you'd want to tell the cabbie that you want the east building right next to lake Michigan because that's usually where registration is. What do all you other Chicagoans think??? I'm pretty familiar with the city and took the "El" for years when I lived downtown. I'd say this is the fastest and cheapest way to do it. What is an "El" ride these days??? $2.25 or something like that? This way would be a lot cheaper than a cab from O'Hare and you wouldn't have to deal with traffic.

Great point.... traffic may be sticky because of the usual festivals and tourist traffic along Grant Park/S. Michigan.

From the Roosevelt stop, a cab ride would be $2.50 + a few bucks to get to McCormick's East entrance.

Sounds like a good plan, Becky!

pamperedbecky said:
Ok, after thinking about this more and knowing that you want to get downtown as quickly as possible so as not to miss too much of that first workshop.....

I would suggest taking the "El" if you're comfortable with that. The trains run VERY frequently and you don't have to deal with the congested traffic that may or may not be an issue at that time of day. You just NEVER know. I'd take the "El" which would be the blue line to the Jackson/Dearborn station and get off. You'd get off there, go to street level and get a cab and take that directly to McCormick place. I believe you'd want to tell the cabbie that you want the east building right next to lake Michigan because that's usually where registration is. What do all you other Chicagoans think??? I'm pretty familiar with the city and took the "El" for years when I lived downtown. I'd say this is the fastest and cheapest way to do it. What is an "El" ride these days??? $2.25 or something like that? This way would be a lot cheaper than a cab from O'Hare and you wouldn't have to deal with traffic.
Wow, sounds like Chicago is like busy NY!? Ok I think I Got it, now I just have to take these notes, copy and paste then remember to bring them with me!
Thanks to everyone and their suggestions!

Heather,
What is your travel schedule? I'm flying out of LAX at 9:15am, connecting in St. Louis, MO and arriving at O'Hare at 4:50pm (on American Airlines). I always take the train to the Hilton. If you are arriving around the same time we could meet up and go downtown together. Let me know.

Penny

chefpenny99 said:
Heather,
What is your travel schedule? I'm flying out of LAX at 9:15am, connecting in St. Louis, MO and arriving at O'Hare at 4:50pm (on American Airlines). I always take the train to the Hilton. If you are arriving around the same time we could meet up and go downtown together. Let me know.

Penny
Heather is coming in on Monday afternoon, but it sounds like you're coming in Sunday. Otherwise hooking up would have been a good idea!!:)

Oh, okay. I missed that detail. : )

pamperedbecky said:
That would be what I would vote for...take the El from O'Hare to downtown/loop, then just take a cab. I can find out more specific instructions if you want. :)

I want more specifics!!! Thanks!!:)

Joelen said:
Hi all... I'm a native Chicagoan. If you are getting a cab from either Midway or Ohare, do mention to the cabbie that you want the shared rate. From Midway, it will cost about $14 from Midway to downtown - which includes McCormick Place. From Ohare, I believe its $19.

All cabs have these prices inside so don't let them take advantage of you! :)

Are you talking per person, or per 'group'? We will have 8-9 traveling together, so would we just split the $19 or so $$$$?

I have also heard that taking a Limo as a group is pretty cheap? Any idea's about that?

Related to Which L Train to Take to the Sheraton?

1. Which L train do I take to get to the Sheraton?

To get to the Sheraton, you can take the L train towards Brooklyn and get off at the 8th Avenue station. The Sheraton is just a short walk from there.

2. Can I take any L train to get to the Sheraton?

Yes, you can take any L train as long as it is heading towards Brooklyn. Just make sure to get off at the 8th Avenue station.

3. How long does it take to get to the Sheraton on the L train?

The L train ride to the Sheraton from Manhattan usually takes around 15-20 minutes, depending on your starting location.

4. Is the Sheraton within walking distance from the L train?

Yes, the Sheraton is within walking distance from the L train. It is just a few blocks away from the 8th Avenue station.

5. Are there any other transportation options to get to the Sheraton besides the L train?

Yes, you can also take a taxi or rideshare service like Uber or Lyft to get to the Sheraton. There are also buses that stop near the hotel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies