• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Metra Into Chicago (Question About Stops!)

In summary, the closest Metra stop to the Sheraton hotel is Union Station, which is 1.64 miles away. The best way to reach the hotel from the station is by taking the South Shore Line to MILLENNIUM station and then taking the 124 NAVY PIER bus to North Water Street. The hotel is also accessible by taxi or bus from Union Station.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Does anyone know which of the Metra stops comes closest to the Sheraton?

This is our first year staying there - and when we stayed at either Hilton, there was a close stop (w/in walking distance) and I'm not sure about the Sheraton.

So if someone who has stayed at the Sheraton, or who is familiar with the Metra line could help us out, that would be great!

Union Station is 1.64 miles from the Sheraton.(I just mapped it out about an hour ago).

You can use Google Transit to map your way using public transportation, if necessary.

What line are you taking? Most Metra lines end on the south or west side of the city, so you'll have to take public trans or a cab from there.

ChefBeckyD said:
Does anyone know which of the Metra stops comes closest to the Sheraton?

This is our first year staying there - and when we stayed at either Hilton, there was a close stop (w/in walking distance) and I'm not sure about the Sheraton.

So if someone who has stayed at the Sheraton, or who is familiar with the Metra line could help us out, that would be great!

When & where is your plane landing, If its the same as mine you can ride in the cab with us....

Ginger428 said:
When & where is your plane landing, If its the same as mine you can ride in the cab with us....

Metra is the commuter train. She's not flying. She's taking the train.

DebbieJ said:
Metra is the commuter train. She's not flying. She's taking the train.

ok...I thought thats what they called their transit system....
But then!! Chicago Transit Authority!! The greatest band of all time (giving away my age :eek: ) :cool:

DebbieJ said:
What line are you taking? Most Metra lines end on the south or west side of the city, so you'll have to take public trans or a cab from there.

Deb - we take the South Shore Line from Michigan City.

SHERATON CHICAGO HOTEL & TOWERS
301 E. North Water St.

Via bus service available every day from 8:40 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. (until midnight in summer, late June to early September): South Shore Line to MILLENNIUM station - From top of stairs leaving station, walk across both streets to bus waiting shelter by 151 N. Michigan Building. Take 124 NAVY PIER bus. Ride to NORTH WATER Street, about 5 minutes. Hotel lobby is around the corner on North Water Street.
** Return: Get off bus at LAKE AND RANDOLPH. Walk ahead to corner, then across Randolph Street to South Shore Line station.
** This trip is wheelchair accessible.
**** Or: South Shore Line to MILLENNIUM station - From cab stand at top of stairs leaving station, take a taxi. Distance is under 1 mile.

chefjeanine said:
SHERATON CHICAGO HOTEL & TOWERS
301 E. North Water St.
(312) 464-1000. Reservations: (800) 325-3535;
Hotels - Sheraton Hotels & Resorts | Hotel Reservations at Sheraton.com
Via bus service available every day from 8:40 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. (until midnight in summer, late June to early September): South Shore Line to MILLENNIUM station - From top of stairs leaving station, walk across both streets to bus waiting shelter by 151 N. Michigan Building. Take 124 NAVY PIER bus. Ride to NORTH WATER Street, about 5 minutes. Hotel lobby is around the corner on North Water Street.
** Return: Get off bus at LAKE AND RANDOLPH. Walk ahead to corner, then across Randolph Street to South Shore Line station.
** This trip is wheelchair accessible.
**** Or: South Shore Line to MILLENNIUM station - From cab stand at top of stairs leaving station, take a taxi. Distance is under 1 mile.

Thanks Jeanine! This is the info I was looking for!

1. What is Metra into Chicago and how does it work?

Metra into Chicago is a commuter rail system that operates in the Chicago metropolitan area. It provides transportation from the suburbs into downtown Chicago and other surrounding areas. Metra trains run on a specific schedule and passengers can purchase tickets at the station or through the Metra app.

2. How many stops are there on the Metra into Chicago?

The number of stops on the Metra into Chicago varies depending on the specific train line. On average, there are approximately 10-15 stops on each line.

3. What are the most popular stops on the Metra into Chicago?

The most popular stops on the Metra into Chicago are usually the downtown stations, such as Union Station, Ogilvie Transportation Center, and Millennium Station. These stations provide easy access to popular tourist attractions and business areas in Chicago.

4. How long does it take to get from the suburbs to downtown Chicago on the Metra?

The duration of the trip on the Metra into Chicago depends on the starting location and the specific train line. On average, it takes about 30-60 minutes to travel from the suburbs to downtown Chicago.

5. Can I bring my bike on the Metra into Chicago?

Yes, you can bring your bike on the Metra into Chicago. However, there are some restrictions and guidelines to follow. Bikes are only allowed on designated cars, and there is a limit to the number of bikes allowed on each train. It is recommended to check the Metra website for more information before bringing your bike on the train.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
merego
  • Chef Bobby
  • General Chat
Replies