• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicago - Jazz Baby? Recommended Clubs!

In summary, Chicago is a great city to visit for jazz and blues lovers. There are many great clubs to choose from, and staying close to downtown is always a plus.
Belinda Wood
Gold Member
Chicago - Recommended Jazz or Blues clubs/bars!How thrilled am I to be one of the UK's lucky Consultants visiting Chicago this June as the UK's 2009 incentive trip!

We have one "free" evening as part of our trip and wondered if anyone from Chicago, or someone who knows it well, can recommend a good jazz or Blues club to visit?:cool: If it has a restaurant attached - even better!

We are staying at the Hotel Fairmont close to Millenium Park I believe. We get to visit Home Office too which will be a highlight of the trip!

Any suggestions very gratefully received - thank you so much!

Last edited:
Green Mill is the best jazz club in the city. It is located north of downtown, but is easily accessible via public transportion.

Belinda Wood said:
How thrilled am I to be one of the UK's lucky Consultants visiting Chicago this June as the UK's 2009 incentive trip!

We have one "free" evening as part of our trip and wondered if anyone from Chicago, or someone who knows it well, can recommend a good jazz club to visit?:cool: If it has a restaurant attached - even better!

We are staying at the Hotel Fairmont close to Millenium Park I believe. We get to visit Home Office too which will be a highlight of the trip!

Any suggestions very gratefully received - thank you so much!

Belinda, I would love to join you....I was told of a great restaurant that has latin cuisine melded as one...carribean, mexican and south american! I'm curious of the menu....maybe have dinner there and head over to the jazz club?

Congrats on earning the trip!

Congratulations on earning the trip. I would love for our incentive trip to be to visit England. :)

When is your trip? I've never been to Chicago, so I'm not much help giving suggestions!

Howl at the Moon is a great club also. Dueling Pianos and buckets of booze/beer. We had a great time there last year.... All different kinds of music not just jazz.....

Many thanks Andrea - I'll google it and look it up! Cheers!

June 18-21 - really looking forward to it!

Thanks so much Deb!

What a great incentive trip! The Green Mill is a great club, but it's kind of far from where you are staying. If you want to stay closer to downtown, I recommend Andy's. They have jazz 365 days a year and do have pretty decent food.

You are coming to Chicago at the perfect time - early summer. Have a wonderful time!

Thank you so much for that Susan! I really do appreciate your advice.

Flamingo said:
Howl at the Moon is a great club also. Dueling Pianos and buckets of booze/beer. We had a great time there last year.... All different kinds of music not just jazz.....

Howl at the Moon is a chain...just an FYI.

1. What are the top jazz clubs in Chicago?

The top jazz clubs in Chicago include Green Mill Cocktail Lounge, Andy's Jazz Club, Jazz Showcase, The Velvet Lounge, and The Empty Bottle.

2. Are there any jazz clubs in Chicago that also serve food?

Yes, many jazz clubs in Chicago also offer food options. Some popular options include The Jazz Showcase, Andy's Jazz Club, and The Green Mill Cocktail Lounge.

3. Is there a dress code for jazz clubs in Chicago?

Most jazz clubs in Chicago do not have a strict dress code, but it is recommended to dress in business casual attire or dressy casual for a more upscale experience.

4. Can I make reservations at jazz clubs in Chicago?

Some jazz clubs in Chicago do take reservations, but it is always best to call ahead and check with the specific club you are interested in visiting.

5. Are there any age restrictions for jazz clubs in Chicago?

Most jazz clubs in Chicago are 21 and over, but there are a few that allow all ages, such as The Jazz Showcase and The Green Mill Cocktail Lounge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies