1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chicago - Jazz baby? Recommended clubs!

1. Belinda Wood

Belinda Wood Novice Member Gold Member

Chicago - Recommended Jazz or Blues clubs/bars!

How thrilled am I to be one of the UK's lucky Consultants visiting Chicago this June as the UK's 2009 incentive trip!

We have one "free" evening as part of our trip and wondered if anyone from Chicago, or someone who knows it well, can recommend a good jazz or Blues club to visit?:cool: If it has a restaurant attached - even better!

We are staying at the Hotel Fairmont close to Millenium Park I believe. We get to visit Home Office too which will be a highlight of the trip!

Any suggestions very gratefully received - thank you so much!

Last edited: May 21, 2009
    May 20, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Green Mill is the best jazz club in the city. It is located north of downtown, but is easily accessible via public transportion.

May 20, 2009
  3. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Belinda, I would love to join you....I was told of a great restaurant that has latin cuisine melded as one...carribean, mexican and south american! I'm curious of the menu....maybe have dinner there and head over to the jazz club?

Congrats on earning the trip!

4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Congratulations on earning the trip. I would love for our incentive trip to be to visit England. :)

When is your trip? I've never been to Chicago, so I'm not much help giving suggestions!

5. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

Howl at the Moon is a great club also. Dueling Pianos and buckets of booze/beer. We had a great time there last year.... All different kinds of music not just jazz.....

May 21, 2009
  6. Belinda Wood

Many thanks Andrea - I'll google it and look it up! Cheers!

May 21, 2009
  7. Belinda Wood

June 18-21 - really looking forward to it!

May 21, 2009
  8. Belinda Wood

Thanks so much Deb!

May 21, 2009
  9. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

What a great incentive trip! The Green Mill is a great club, but it's kind of far from where you are staying. If you want to stay closer to downtown, I recommend Andy's. They have jazz 365 days a year and do have pretty decent food.

You are coming to Chicago at the perfect time - early summer. Have a wonderful time!

May 21, 2009
  10. Belinda Wood

Thank you so much for that Susan! I really do appreciate your advice.

May 21, 2009
  11. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Howl at the Moon is a chain...just an FYI.

May 21, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted