• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery

Water you waiting for? If you’re not drinking enough water, your body will let you know. Thirst is an amazing sensation - quench it. If you’re not hydrated, your body won’t be working at peak levels. Most of your body happens to be water, by the way. If you’re worried about “water weight,” remember that you’re likely to retain more water when you’re not giving your body enough of it in the first place. Besides, that’s what those workout sessions are supposed to help with every other morning. I’m not going to dictate how many glasses you should drink, though - as that’s going to vary from person to person.

Join the soda club. Like most people, I love carbonated beverages. However, unlike most people, I love unflavored carbonated beverages - and if your tongue is attune to sugary-sweet drinks, you’re also the kind of person who believes that club soda tastes salty (even when it contains no sodium). Make the move to an unflavored drink sooner rather than later. If you need help along the way, lemons and limes can be your best friends. If you’re going to drink something more than water, at least make sure it’s not going to hinder your progress. If you’re a sugary-soda drinker, dropping it from your daily routine altogether will help you drop ~5 or more pounds in a single week (WITHOUT doing anything else).

Sugar is evil that tastes good. You probably don’t want to hear this, but sugar is a bad thing. The more refined it comes, the more your body is going to react negatively to it. Sugar, sugar, sugar is in everything, everything, everything. If it’s sweet, it’s got sugar in it. There are all sorts of sugars out there, and all of them are ultimately metabolized by the body. It’s a good bet that the sugars in an apple are better for you than the sugars in a candy bar, though. If you’re addicted to sugar, this is going to be a horrible hurdle to overcome.

Sugar substitutes are just as evil as sugar itself. Do you really think your body knows how to handle something that was man-made? Seriously. These chemically-adjusted products do not occur in the wild; there are no Splenda trees in warmer climates, nor are there NutraSweet plants in the Arctic. In some instances, taking in sugar substitutes may actually increase your levels of hunger! Let’s not forget about all the health issues that might arise from these unnatural substances. If you’re given a choice, it’s almost better to go with something your body knows how to deal with (real, unprocessed sugar). No, it’s much safer (and healthier) to stay away from blue, pink, and yellow packets entirely. Do a Web search for “Artificial Sweeteners May Damage Diet Efforts.” Then sit there and tell me they’re okay? No way.

White bread can’t jump. Did you know that white bread isn’t good for you? Oh, it’s true - just ask any diabetic. Research has shown that people who eat more refined products (like white bread) are more likely to have belly fat. Why? It’s simple: your body isn’t getting what it needs. The food industry isn’t the health industry, okay? You can’t trust that they’ve got your best interests at heart (despite all their marketing efforts). If you want the flavor of white bread, please eat the whole grain white bread instead? Sara lee makes a wonderful loaf, as I can personally attest (even though I like rye more than white or wheat). Repeat after me: whole grain white bread, whole grain white bread

Hasta la pasta, baby. Much like its cousin, white bread, refined pasta can damage your health and pinch your weight loss plans. I’m not saying you should quit pasta altogether, but I will suggest that you change your pasta pusher to Barilla. They have a new wheat pasta that’s a dead ringer for the ol’ crappy white stuff you used to eat. “Barilla PLUS” is absolutely fantastic, as well as a good source of fiber and protein. You’re usually going to be better off with a “wheat” option, although traditional wheat pasta has a texture that you might not like (even though I find it perfectly acceptable to my palate).

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Becky!
Happy Birthday to you!

And many.....more!

Lisa

Happy Birthday Becky!! :party::party::party:

Happy Birthday Becky!!

Awww shucks, I feel special!:eek:

I went to dinner at one of those Japanese "hibachi" type places where they cook right at your table with my husband and our 3 and 6 year old. They loved it! Yum! And I get to go to the spa on Saturday for a few things, thanks to my DH.

It's nice to get these birthday wishes from everyone here and on CS. None of my in-laws even called to wish me a Happy Birthday. No big deal. Nothing surprises me anymore. They're the ones who cancelled on us when we hosted Thanksgiving.

Thanks everyone!

happy belated birthday wishes becky (sorry i missed this yesterday!). enjoy the spa!!!!!!!!!!

????

I just got my birthday card from PC... only Marla signed it. Is that weird?

Both Marla and Doris signed the Christmas card. I know it's stamped and not signed... just thought it was odd that Doris' name wasn't on it.

Any thoughts?

<h2>1. Where can I find "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery"?</h2><p>"Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "Books & Media" section or through a Pampered Chef consultant.</p><h2>2. Is "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" available in other languages?</h2><p>Currently, "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" is only available in English.</p><h2>3. Is there a digital version of "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery"?</h2><p>Yes, "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" is available as an e-book on the Pampered Chef website.</p><h2>4. How much does "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" cost?</h2><p>The price of "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" may vary depending on your location and the consultant you purchase it from. Please contact your local consultant for pricing information.</p><h2>5. Is "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" suitable for all ages?</h2><p>Yes, "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" is a family-friendly book suitable for all ages to enjoy.</p>

1. Where can I find "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery"?

"Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" can be found on the Pampered Chef website under the "Books & Media" section or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

2. Is "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" available in other languages?

Currently, "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" is only available in English.

3. Is there a digital version of "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery"?

Yes, "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" is available as an e-book on the Pampered Chef website.

4. How much does "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" cost?

The price of "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" may vary depending on your location and the consultant you purchase it from. Please contact your local consultant for pricing information.

5. Is "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Where's Doris? A Birthday Mystery" is a family-friendly book suitable for all ages to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • karui
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Jolie_Paradoxe