• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrate Your Birthday with the Best Credit Cards - cmdtrgd

A
Admin Greg
Happy Birthday cmdtrgdHURRAY!! :party: :D:):approve:

Happy, happy Birthday, Kate!! :party::party::sun:

:party::party::party:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!​

:party: Happy Birthday, Kate!!!

I picked a good day to come back on here.....haven't been on in a while. Have a GREAT day!!!!:D

Awww...you guys are great! And I got an email from CS and DCS, too! And I got a phone call from HO - that was weird...is that a Director and above thing?

cmdtrgd said:
Awww...you guys are great! And I got an email from CS and DCS, too! And I got a phone call from HO - that was weird...is that a Director and above thing?

I never got a phone call on my birthday from HO. They send a card every year to directors. I wonder if the phone call is in place of or just something new they're doing - or maybe YOU're just special! :party:

cmdtrgd said:
I've never gotten a phone call either on my birthday. That's pretty cool!!!:)

My birthday was in August and I got the card and a call from HO-it was really a nice gesture! Have to say though that the only part of my "old job" I miss is the birthday cake!:p

happy belated birthday, Kate!

Thanks for the well wishes - I did get a card from HO signed by Marla yesterday!

how many do you have? Personally I have none, I hate credit cards, I only use my debit card.

About 20 gazillion, but only two with balances on them. Being self-employed, I carry debt early in the year and get it paid off towards the end of the year.

--Jenny L

I have none. I have had issues in the past and just don't trust myself with them. DH has one but we have separate finances so it's his not mine and I never touch it.

We only have 1 and that is to be used in case of an emergency right now it has a little balance but not much

Debit cards are great for the consumer, not so great for the business. What a great idea the credit card companies had! As a business, my % is higher if someone uses a debit card than it is if they use a credit card. A Debit card is "out of the credit card system" so it costs more to collect it.

--Jenny L

We have way too many and cannot afford to pay on all of them right now. We are trying hard but my hubby just got laid off last week. Not helpful! I can't wait to someday get rid of the cc's! They are very destructive! I wish I were like you guys!

Urbnks8,
Call them all immedietly and ask them if they can give you a lower interest rate! Don't wait until you get behind on them. If you've been consistently paying and haven't missed any payments, they will usually do that. Even if it's only a 1/2%, it's worth the phone call. Everyone should call for an interest reduction once or twice a year. It never hurts, and often times you get results.

Of course, this is just a suggestion.

--Jenny L

DBF has one and I have two. Unfortunately, this year we had to live off of them for a while, DBF got laid off then finally found another job (in a new industry) but the new job was a $21,000 pay CUT. So, needless to say it's been hard to get caught up. :yuck::thumbsdown::cry:

jennie4pc said:
We only have 1 and that is to be used in case of an emergency right now it has a little balance but not much

me too, and the limit is rather low... I got rid of all of them! :yuck:

We have one that is used for emergencies or online transactions.

We have a ton that show active/open but no activity on them on my dh's credit report. How do I go about closing all of those? It's from when he was married before. They don't have any activity, they're only in his name, but they still have available credit. We haven't gotten anything or any new cards for them since we've been married (almost 4 years).

crystalscookingnow said:
We have one that is used for emergencies or online transactions.

We have a ton that show active/open but no activity on them on my dh's credit report. How do I go about closing all of those? It's from when he was married before. They don't have any activity, they're only in his name, but they still have available credit. We haven't gotten anything or any new cards for them since we've been married (almost 4 years).

I would talk to a credit counsler to see if it is best to leave them open or close them. This will be important if you are planning on making any large purchases in the near future like a new car or house.

We have 1 major and 1 for home depot. We try not to use either one.

Alot but I only use my Milage card and my PC card.

I have a few and have been trying to not use them. I have used a couple to get past tight times and now I am working hard to get more shows so I can pay them off. Working toward being debt free. It is hard when I need to book a flight for Leadership because I will need put the flight on a card.

My hubby and I HAD 14 cards (including store and gas cards); we recently refinanced and paid everything off. We now carry only 3 cards total; 1 am-ex that must be paid off monthly; 1 gas card; and 1 regular card for emergiences that we agree on are emergencies. We do debit card for most things when we do not have cash or places don't take checks.

This was the result of a lot of introspection...we were way overmaxed for years. Now, we have a solid level of peace regarding our credit.

Is it harder to keep control of the credit cards when two people are spending on them?

--Jenny L

Jenny,
you're post made me laugh!
Our sons each have a card on our Master card acct
It cracks me up when the bill comes & our son in high school checks the statement & tells me which were his charges versus the son at college. then he starts telling me and this charge is this much because ..........

Teresa said:
Jenny,
you're post made me laugh!
Our sons each have a card on our Master card acct
It cracks me up when the bill comes & our son in high school checks the statement & tells me which were his charges versus the son at college. then he starts telling me and this charge is this much because ..........

Teresa,
Do you put a spending limit on them?

--Jenny L

no,
when they turn 16 we get them a card for gas, things I need them to pick up, fast food, clothes since they no longer like what I pick out, etc. (we pay their gas and insurance)
One time our oldest didn't want to break a $20 so he used his cc for a hershey bar.
they are responsible If I send them to the grocery store they pick out extras but they do not over spend....

I have one. I love it because we get reward points which equate to about $100 every 3-4 months which really adds up. We pay it off every month and it's much more convenient than cash.

We have 3 total- one is dh's and two are mine. Mine both have stupid balances on them because of a very awkward 4 months where dh was out of work and we lived on the cards. (we only had enough in savings for 2 months off so I figure we did pretty well overall) We are still paying for that. I hope to have that all cleared up very soon. For the moment, my cards live in a drawer and are not going to be rewarded with time in the wallet until they are paid off.

Related to Celebrate Your Birthday with the Best Credit Cards - cmdtrgd

1. What are the benefits of using credit cards for birthdays?

Using credit cards for birthdays can help you earn rewards and cash back on your purchases, as well as provide extra protection for your purchases. Some credit cards also offer special birthday perks and discounts.

2. How do I choose the best credit card for my birthday?

When choosing a credit card for your birthday, consider the rewards and benefits offered, as well as the interest rates and fees. Look for a card that aligns with your spending habits and offers the most value for your specific needs.

3. Can I use my credit card to pay for birthday party expenses?

Yes, you can use your credit card to pay for birthday party expenses such as decorations, food, and gifts. Just make sure to stay within your credit limit and pay off the balance in full to avoid high interest charges.

4. Are there any risks associated with using credit cards for birthdays?

Using credit cards for birthdays can come with risks such as overspending and accumulating high interest charges if you don't pay off the balance in full. It's important to use credit cards responsibly and only make purchases that you can afford to pay off.

5. How can I make the most out of my credit card for my birthday?

To make the most out of your credit card for your birthday, take advantage of any special rewards or discounts offered. You can also use your credit card to earn cash back or rewards on your birthday purchases, and pay off the balance in full to avoid interest charges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies