• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yea!! Take That Mr. Credit Card Man!!!

In summary, my husband just paid off one of his credit cards and the other will be done next month!!! WOO HOO!!
redsoxgirl
My husband just called to tell me that he just paid off one of his credit cards and the other will be done next month!!! WOO HOO!!

When we met, he had over $25,000 between the 2 cards and it's taken close to 4 years to pay them off - so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Good for you!!

WOO HOO!! :sing: I know how great we felt when we got there! Congratulations!:balloon:

Way to go!! Give that guy a hug!!

5z5djl2-1.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I wish I could get that disciplined!! SO happy for you and hubby! It takes hard work.

One of my goals is to pay off the only one we have. More than 1/2 gone already. I received a call from Discover the other day stating "we noticed you haven't used your card" blah blah blah. I said, "that's because I am going to pay it off"! She ended the call quickly. CONGRATULATIONS on the accomplishment. I will definitely be doing a happy dance when mine is paid off and promise to NEVER do it again.

My boyfriend has $21,000 - $4,000 is going to be paid off by September (He just got a job in Ft. MacMurray, also known as Oil Money Here, Alberta.) After that, we hope to get the rest paid off before 2 years is out. AND he's supporting me while I go to school for 10 months! This is after ages of being poor as dirt, in debt, living paycheque to paycheque... It is such an overwhelming relief even to be able to start, so I can't imagine what it'll feel like when we're all done.

So a big CONGRATULATIONS to you!! I can definitely relate to how awesome that must feel for you. :)

Congratulations!!

Now you you can use that money for diapers, wipes, baby clothes, baby gear...LOL! :):D:)

I really don't mean that to sound negative, so I hope it doesn't sound that way (reading it through before posting I can see it might "sound" a bit cynical, that is not my tone of voice, I mean it as a gentle tease, hence the over-the-top smilies!).

It is awesome to be getting out of debt, especially with that little bundle of joy on the way!! Double congrats to you both :)

Woo-hooo........what a liberating feeling!!!
Congrats!!!

You can't see me, but I'm applauding with tremendous respect.

WooHoo! I'm working on it myself! I can't wait to say good bye to the banks!

Whoohooo for you! I cannot wait to pay mine off next month, then hopefully be able to save that extra paycheck each month, to go towards home remodeling! :)

Congratulations Lindsay and Mr. Lindsay! :)Excellent job! We have a long way to go! Not increasing them, but we had to used credit for necessary house repairs a few years ago (sigh) ...still working...

redsoxgirl said:
My husband just called to tell me that he just paid off one of his credit cards and the other will be done next month!!! WOO HOO!!

When we met, he had over $25,000 between the 2 cards and it's taken close to 4 years to pay them off - so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Feels good doesn't it?! I am in the processing of paying off debt and only $3000 to go. Of course, then I have student loans to pay but that is a little different.

My hubby just paid off 1 card & we are paying another in 2 weeks.

Congratulations!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Gotta admit, the day I received the last credit card statement with a $0 balance on it ranks up there with one of the best days of my life... not too far behind the days my kids were born!!! When I realized I had a bunch of extra $ in my budget each month, it was the best "raise" I ever received!!!

What a tremendous burden lifted. I'm about 1/2 way in paying off consumer credit. Learned my lesson about 'interest' and 'minimum payments'. Congrats!

Way to go Lindsay!! DH and I have racked up our CCs and I told him the other day once I pay mine off, I only want to have ONE CC and thats just to earn free gift cards etc. He's like "you can do that, but I am keeping mine"

One of these days I hope he wises up. LOL

Way to go! Good for you guys! We're almost there, too - can't wait! :)

WoW thats great! I'm in the same boat...years of putting stuff on CC has gotten me up to $25,000 and now i am having a hard time even making the min payment!
So glad so one has some good CC news. How did he do it?

Danielle - you need to take out a low-interest loan and pay off your debt asap! Don't pay the min. on each credit card at the high interest rates the CC companies charge you! Go to your bank and ask about a consolidation loan - they do them all the time. Before DH and I got married, he co-signed for one for me to pay off my debt so we'd enter into our marriage debt-free and it worked! For a while...then I got into my bad habits again and I'm slowly climbing back out (but not as bad as before). Definitely look into the lowest interest rate you can find, though (around 6% is probably realistic) and get that debt paid of now! You can do it! :)

Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Lindsay!! :D That's awesome!! Great feeling!

I got into major trouble with the old PC Visa (which is why I didn't get the new one). What DH had me do was to find a card with as low of a rate as possible. I found one that was 0% (for the first year if I recall correctly) and then it has a fairly low rate after that. It brought the payments down from huge to reasonable and with DH's help, I'm slowly but surely paying it off. One a side note many years ago we paid everything off and I remember the wonderful feeling. Now we're trying to get back there. Congrats to those of you who are there.

chefpenny99 said:
I got into major trouble with the old PC Visa (which is why I didn't get the new one). What DH had me do was to find a card with as low of a rate as possible. I found one that was 0% (for the first year if I recall correctly) and then it has a fairly low rate after that. It brought the payments down from huge to reasonable and with DH's help, I'm slowly but surely paying it off. One a side note many years ago we paid everything off and I remember the wonderful feeling. Now we're trying to get back there. Congrats to those of you who are there.

ROFL!! I did the same exact thing - word-for-word!! DH is so pissed :(

cathyskitchen said:
Wow, Deb! That's awesome - good for you guys!!

DH has Dave Ramsey's books and totally follows his stuff - I just need to get more with the program ;).

you should! it works better when your partner is on board. I'm sure your husband would be beyond thrilled if you ramped up your intensity and joined him.

Jillybill said:
(He just got a job in Ft. MacMurray, also known as Oil Money Here, Alberta.)

Will you be moving to FMM as well? That is where I am, and I would love to have a PC lady here in town that I could team up with.

The money is definitely here, and if people are wise, they can pay off debt rather quickly and set themselves up for the future by saving, saving, saving.

Congratulations to EVERYONE who has found freedom from the bondage of credit card debt! It's so nice to be able to put that monthly payment somewhere else that is more "productive" ;)

Cheers,
Cyndi

CyndiWilliams said:
Will you be moving to FMM as well? That is where I am, and I would love to have a PC lady here in town that I could team up with.

Sorry Cyndi, he's 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. The company pays for room and board up there but we're keeping our apartment in Edmonton and living here. He'll just spend half his month in a camp, that's all. I don't think we could afford to live in Ft. Mac, even at his salary!

AnnieBee said:
Now you you can use that money for diapers, wipes, baby clothes, baby gear...LOL! :):D:)

Yeah - tell me about it! LOL
Atually, we're using the money to rent-to-own my mom's house... so from one big debt to another... but at least this new debt can ear us some money ;)

DeeDee616 said:
WoW thats great! I'm in the same boat...years of putting stuff on CC has gotten me up to $25,000 and now i am having a hard time even making the min payment!
So glad so one has some good CC news. How did he do it?

He paid for everything with CC when he was in college - crazy!
He actually joined one of those debt consolidation programs and it helped a ton! He was looking at 20+ years and cut it down to 5ish!
He was paying almost 30% on one card and they cut it down to 9% for him!
He paid the same amount each month as he was paying before he joined the program, but WAAAAAAAAAAY more of it went to principal than before.

Last edited:
did that 3 years ago.. have not had a CC since. Now the only one I have is the PC CC and it has ZERO balance.. :)
feels soo good not having to pay a CC bill..

That's awesome! My husband is a bankruptcy attorney...let me tell you, credit cards and gambling are the two biggest debts he sees. You and your husband are a success story, and there aren't too many of those lately! Congrats.

Our problem isn't CC's, only have 800 b/t my DH and I. Our problem is high interest on our mortgage and some personal loans that no one is willing to consolidate for us. I get so fed up with the financial institution that it makes me sick! Is the Dave Ramsey plan a book that you can get at the bookstore or do you have to get it off the website? Is the website the same as the book? I don't know much about it, but we have to try something before we lose everything!!

chefshawna said:
Our problem isn't CC's, only have 800 b/t my DH and I. Our problem is high interest on our mortgage and some personal loans that no one is willing to consolidate for us. I get so fed up with the financial institution that it makes me sick! Is the Dave Ramsey plan a book that you can get at the bookstore or do you have to get it off the website? Is the website the same as the book? I don't know much about it, but we have to try something before we lose everything!!

Shawna - go to the link Deb posted - you can also find the books on Amazon usually. I'm still reading mine but it is great stuff.

Often local churches will sponsor the Financial Planning Seminars. Check maybe to see if there is one in the area.

chefshawna said:

You can buy the book from any bookstore or from any bookseller online. You'll probably want to start with Total Money Makeover. Also, check out Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan. for TONS more info.

1. How did your husband pay off his credit cards?

We used the Pampered Chef income to make extra payments and cut back on unnecessary expenses.

2. How long did it take to pay off the credit cards?

It took close to 4 years to pay off both credit cards.

3. How much debt did your husband have on his credit cards?

He had over $25,000 in debt between the 2 credit cards.

4. What strategies did you use to pay off the credit cards?

We focused on making extra payments, cutting back on expenses, and using the Pampered Chef income to pay off the debt.

5. How does it feel to finally be debt-free?

It feels amazing! We are so excited and relieved to have paid off our credit cards and be debt-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jrb0328
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies