• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Declined Credit Card & Show on Hold

In summary, the customer has 3 days from the original order date to cancel the order. If the order is past that time, the customer has to pay for it and then return it.
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
Okay, newbie here again. I just had my very first declined credit card order. Unfortunately it was for a past host and she ordered the 7-piece cookware! Anyway, after her cc was declined I contacted her to see how else to pay for it and she said to just cancel the order altogether. Unfortunately this effected everything including the current hosts free money and half-priced items. :( Anyway, when I contacted TPC back about just cancelling the 60% off past host order, they responded by saying the cc was declined and that I can resolve the show by finding another way to pay for the items.

What does that mean?! Does it mean this past host MUST pay for the items? Is there no way for them to get out of it? :confused: I hate that everyone on this show has been put on hold for nearly two weeks, now. But what can I do??? :cry:

I believe the customer has 3 days from the original order date to cancel the order. Since that is past, she has to pay for it and then return it. If you have room on your CC, I suggest paying for it yourself and then returning it.

Would return shipping be free since it's within the 30 days? I should clarify that I got the decline notice on the 22nd, I responded with a "please cancel that one person's order" email the very next day and never heard back until a week later. In the response it only said that I needed to find another way to pay for it. I wish I had room on a cc, that does sound easiest.

ETA: The reason why everyone has been put on hold for 2-3 weeks is that the show was in September and the host just closed it on the 22nd of October. THEN came the declined card which put it another week behind. YIKES!

Last edited:
You should call HO and talk to someone. I can't believe that they would make you pay for it since the credit card was declined. That is just silly. You need to talk to someone in person and explain the situation better.

Just an FYI on declined cards... my advice is to NEVER resolve that via e-mail. ALWAYS call HO and get a live person.

You should have been able to remove that one order from the show. I have in the past and adjusted the show. With that, you need a live person to help you with it.

Just an FYI about declined credit cards-I was told by someone in the banking business that sometimes a credit card is declined because the shipping address doesn't match the billing address. This is to prevent credit card fraud and even if it isn't true, it is a really good line to use when you have to call that person whose card was declined!

I agree with Colleen-get a live person on the phone at HO and talk to them about the situation!

I had one declined last week....I had entered the expiration month incorrectly. So, it isn't always declined for lack of funds. Due to privacy reasons, the bank can't tell you what they are declined for.

LibrarianChef said:
Okay, newbie here again. I just had my very first declined credit card order. Unfortunately it was for a past host and she ordered the 7-piece cookware! Anyway, after her cc was declined I contacted her to see how else to pay for it and she said to just cancel the order altogether. Unfortunately this effected everything including the current hosts free money and half-priced items. :( Anyway, when I contacted TPC back about just cancelling the 60% off past host order, they responded by saying the cc was declined and that I can resolve the show by finding another way to pay for the items.

What does that mean?! Does it mean this past host MUST pay for the items? Is there no way for them to get out of it? :confused: I hate that everyone on this show has been put on hold for nearly two weeks, now. But what can I do??? :cry:

This very same situation happened to me. I could not get a hold of the past host for days, meanwhile my order was on hold. I called an put her order on my pampered chef card and had it sent to me anyways. I thought by the time I get a hold of her, she will have the money.

Well weeks had gone by, and by that time I was so furious with my "friend" ..the past host. She didn't have the decency to return one of my NUMEROUS calls, that well, now I have a beautiful 7 piece set of cookware.

depending on the cc PC will get a declined notice if it was a debit card. ALWAYS call HO first and ask for it to be sent to finance to be run manually by veriphone before calling the customer.

The past host (also a friend) said it was an incorrect expiration date and that if they ran it through again it would work fine. I didn't ask her what the reason was and I actually assumed I entered something incorrectly. However, she said they were having financial issues and decided it was probably best to just to cancel the order. I don't really care what the decline reason was, but I was wondering if they change their minds (which they were considering again today) and decide they want it before tomorrow, then will TPC will run it through again. I won't call them again until I have a final word from this past host. But TPC said I could fix the situation by using a different CC, so I just wasn't sure if they'd run it through again. When I call in that's what I'll try, first.

Thanks again everyone! Your experiences and advice are very helpful! :D

When you call they will run the card right then so you will know immediately if it clears. It's worth the hold time to get an actual person on the phone.

I had a past host with a declined Credit Card. I thought it was the address being different from billing but HO told me no that's not the reason. I went back and forth a few times with the host and finally she called her bank directly. They thought it was fraud because her husband was out of the country using the same card while PC's charge comes through as a Chicago address. She got it cleared up and I had HO re-run it. It took a few days!!!!

I seldom put in the address for guests, (they have it on their original & i have the DPS)
so I know HO doesn't check addresses.
They also do not go by names I've had people and HO tell me that when a card was declined and the person had recently been married.

pamperedlinda said:
I had one declined last week....I had entered the expiration month incorrectly. So, it isn't always declined for lack of funds. Due to privacy reasons, the bank can't tell you what they are declined for.
I had one decline...MY MOM'S!! LOL! I was SO embarrassed when I figured it out....I put the numbers in wrong!
She actually placed an order yesterday and reminded me again NOT to mix them up! LOL!!

It's finally all resolved. The past host called me again this morning to see if she could change her mind and just submit a new CC#. So I quickly called it in (before she could change her mind ;)) and it went through on the spot. My show has finally been released. Woohoo! And to make things even better, this is another $345 toward my pan-o-rama points (the 7 piece Executive set). YIPPEE! :D

Now another question: If she decides to return the set, does that take away my 345 points? In other words, should I go ahead and spend all of my points NOW just in case she returns the set within 30 days???

No -- you will still keep the panorama points if she returns it.
:) I just love happy endings!

What does it mean when my credit card is declined?

When your credit card is declined, it means that the transaction you are attempting to make has been unsuccessful. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as insufficient funds, an incorrect card number or expiration date, or suspected fraudulent activity.

Why does my credit card show as "on hold"?

If your credit card shows as "on hold," it means that the transaction you attempted was flagged by the credit card company's fraud detection system. This is a security measure to protect you from potential fraudulent activity. You will need to contact your credit card company to resolve the issue and release the hold.

What should I do if my credit card is declined?

If your credit card is declined, you should first check to make sure all the information entered is correct, including the card number, expiration date, and security code. If the information is correct, you can try using a different payment method or contact your credit card company for further assistance.

How can I avoid my credit card being declined?

To avoid your credit card being declined, make sure you have enough funds available to cover the transaction, and double-check that all the information entered is accurate. It's also a good idea to inform your credit card company if you plan on making a large or unusual purchase to prevent any hold or decline on your account.

Is it safe to use my credit card if it has been declined before?

If your credit card has been declined before, it does not necessarily mean that it is not safe to use. However, it is important to monitor your account for any suspicious activity and to contact your credit card company if you notice any unauthorized charges. It may also be beneficial to check your credit report regularly to ensure there are no mistakes or fraudulent accounts opened in your name.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefLayla
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Symara
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Symara
  • pkd09