• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Would You Go for a 5-Day All-Inclusive Vacation in the US?

you're thinking of going to Colorado! If you go to Colorado, I recommend going to Durango. The city has a lot to offer and the surrounding area is beautiful. You can also visit Mesa Verde and see ancient ruins. The Durango-Silverton railroad is also a neat place to visit.
mrssyvo
If you could go anywhere in the contiguous 48 states for 5 days- Thur-Monday, all expenses paid (within reason- hoitel-food, rental car) Where would you go? My husband surprised me last night- a bonus from work. We are trying to decide where to go. We have no kids at home, just us, and we like adventure, hiking, etc.

If you like adventure, and hiking, I'd go to Chimney Rock. I'd go stay in Lake Lure, Asheville, or the town(can't think of it right now) that Chimney rock is in. If you've never been there there's hiking and some pretty cool things to see. They have a website you can check out. There's tons of trails in the mountains to hike. You could also check out Cades Cove in NC. There's also a lot of hiking trails there too. I hope this helps!!! If you stay at Cades Cove, they do have camping or you could go stay in Townsend or gatlinburg/pigeon forge which isn't to far away.

http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/

http://www.cadescove.net

HTH!

Last edited:
I'd love to go somewhere in Washington State....Grand Canyon would be neat...Niagara Falls (only one of the 3 I've been to).

My first thought was Durango, CO - mountains, Mesa Verde (incredible Native American ruins in the sides of cliffs).....so much history and great hiking and the Durango-Silverton railroad thru the Las Alamos Mountains - soooo much to see and do!

BUT then, after reading Tiffany's post.....I also love the Chimney Rock and Cades Cove area - Cades Cove is like stepping back in time - such a beautiful place!

AND - Janet's idea of the Grand Canyon! If you've never been....WOW - that is one place you just have to actually experience to really appreciate!

Soooo, not much help - I can think of lots of places to go!

Becky, One of the places we are seriously considering is Colorado, but was not sure exactly where. Durango sounds wonderful !!!!! Janet, I lived in Washington as a child, and would love to show hubby how beautiful it is. That is another great idea. Maybe we shoudl put all these wondferful ideas in a hat, and draw.

Oh yeh, I wasn't even thinking of the west coast...the grand canyone would be awesome. The first time I saw it I cried :) It's just that beautiful.

mrssyvo said:
Becky, One of the places we are seriously considering is Colorado, but was not sure exactly where. Durango sounds wonderful !!!!! Janet, I lived in Washington as a child, and would love to show hubby how beautiful it is. That is another great idea. Maybe we shoudl put all these wondferful ideas in a hat, and draw.

DH's sister & BIL lived in Durango for a couple of years, and we spent a week out there with them one summer - there was so much to see and do, that we had a hard time choosing. I LOVED the Mesa Verde ruins, and could have spent another day there.....you are actually allowed to climb thru some of them - and the history and stories behind them are so fascinating! I also loved the Durango-Silverton Train......it's a narrow guage railroad that starts in Durango, and winds thru the mountains up to Silverton, and old mining town. It is so breathtakingly beautiful - and again the history!
We spent one day two-tracking & hiking in the mountains - but wait until you've been there a few days before attempting this.....have to get used to the thinner air first!
While two-tracking, we drove thru this open meadow filled with beautiful blue columbine and other wild flowers, and at first I thought "wow those sure are alot of big bumble bees"....but as we got closer we realized that they were tiny hummingbirds - it was the most fascinating sight! We hiked to a lake up in the mountains that day too.
About the only thing we did that I didn't care for was attend a Rodeo. I just do not like to watch any sport where either humans or animals are being subjected to alot of pain - and Rodeo, to me, seems to do that. Didn't enjoy it at all!

Wow, Becky- Durango seems to fit us to a "T" I think this is the place for us, but everyone else, please chime in, becuase the my decisions are NEVER final. I am the one who has such a hard time making up her mind.

Destin or Key West Florida for me. Washington State around Puget Sound is beautiful (still want to see thos killer wheales) I am not familiar with hiking areas I love the water

Anywhere that has sun, palm trees and the ocean!! Oh and it has to be warm!
I hear San Diego is beautiful!

My parents just got back from Arizona. They saw the Grand Canyon and Sedona (with the red rocks). They said there is nothing like it in the world!

Key West sounds wonderful too!

LAS VEGAS!!!!

Being from Arizona myself I would totally suggest Sedona and the Grand Canyon. The red rocks in Sedona are so magical and beautiful and there are some great little b&bs and brunch places there. one of my favorite memories with my mom is the weekend trip we took to Sedona and ate at an amazing brunch. Also the grand canyon is awesome. There definitely is nothing like the G.C. and Sedona!

Yosemite or Yellowstone would be my vote!

I would def. vote for Colorado! There are soooo many things to do!
You could go to Glenwood Springs and hit the hotsprings there and Black Canyon (you can also hike up to Hanging Lake...it's a lake on top of a mountain, one of the most beautiful sights..)
or hike through Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs and visit Seven Falls and the Royal Gorge while your are there, plus, there is an awesome bed and breakfast that my hubby and I go to next to seven falls where you can hear the water falls... beautiful
or you could gamble up in Blackhawk or central city...
or you could do Durango, like someone said here...
or you could visit Rocky mountain national forest in Estes park...
or you could visit Pikes Peak and the Air Force Academy
or you could climb many of the mountains here...
Any where you go you can bike, hike, back pack, camping, mountain biking, horseback ridingetc..
You can even visit a completely diffrent country...the peoples republic of Boulder :) Boulder is a unique city thats for sure.
You could also visit Steamboat springs...
Needless to say we are a very active family and we do travel the state alot.

oh and how could I forget you could hike and bike through the world famous Red Rocks!

I'm from California so I'm partial to the west coast. I'd definitely say Carmel/Monterey on the central coast of California. It is beautiful here now. There is so much to do and it is VERY relaxing. There is a gorgeous B&B in Monterey too that my husband and I went to and loved.

Come and see Rhode Island. We have beautiful beaches and lots to see! This time of year is beautiful. For the smallest State we have tons to offer. Newport has a great hiking trail that is on the water and goes by some of the most beautiful mansions. Definately give us a consideration.

Hee Hee Hee! We all sound like we should work for the Tourism Board! :D :D

With that being said, depending on WHEN you would be going, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan will always be one of my favorite places to vacation! Pictured Rocks, Tequomenon Falls, Copper Harbor.....sooo beautiful, and if you love to get away from it all and not have a ton of other tourists breathing down your neck - this IS the place to vacation! Oh - and don't forget Mackinac Island....one of the most unique vacation spots in the USA! http://www.mackinac.com/

We usually always take a week in June and go to the U.P., but with our schedules and a couple of weddings and graduations thrown in, we weren't going to be able to this year. DH & I have been so bummed so yesterdaywe sat down, figured out a 4 day time span when we could go (we will get back JUST in time for our nieces wedding!) and made reservations! YAHOO!!!

Too funny Becky - if that was the case, I could vote for the northwoods of Wisconsin! :) TONS of Lakes!

pc ri lisa said:
Come and see Rhode Island. We have beautiful beaches and lots to see! This time of year is beautiful. For the smallest State we have tons to offer. Newport has a great hiking trail that is on the water and goes by some of the most beautiful mansions. Definately give us a consideration.

I flew into "little" Providence back in 1997 I think it was for my cousin's wedding. I stayed in Rhode Island but took a day trip to Hopkington (near Boston) to see a friend and then toured the USS Constitution. It was a neat trip.

You have some great ideas. I would choose a place I couldn't drive too and wouldn't ever go because of the expense. NC you could drive too so I wouldn't go there and you'll probably go to FL when you have kids since that's what so many families do. I like the Arizona or CA suggestions or Yosemite. HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Hey, Sue! Steve and I are going to South Dakota to celebrate the 4th of July. Fireworks above Mt Rushmore!! Want to make it a foursome?

Well being a west coaster I would definitely say East coast- just to see NYC, Boston, RI and such from what I have heard it's beautiful back there and very rich in history it seems compared to good old CA!

I would love to go to Yellowstone, Palmyra To visit church historical sites, or D.C.

I am from Massachusetts and I love it there is a lot of history and beautiful things to see. But I also was lucky enough to go to San Diego a few years back and LOVED IT!!!! If I was to ever move to a new place that would be it.

Have a great time on your trip.

OK, I would love to help you with this one.....I actually grew up in Florida, but now live in Ohio, to a guy who has a goal of seeing all 50 states, so, needless to say, we've done alot of traveling!
I agree about Florida being a great place to go when and if you have a family, and I also agree that you should pick someplace far away, that you may not otherwise go to, due to the expense. That being said, give us some ideas of what "recreational activities" you both tend to enjoy, and we could probably help you narrow it down better. For example, are you into "scenery"? If so, Yellowstone national Park is absolutely gorgeous, as is the Grand Canyon. We had opportunity to visit Mt. Rushmore once, and absolutely loved it there, too. These places offer lots of hiking, too.
Are you into quaint little towns, where it's mostly laid back, with cute little shops? If so, I'd recommend Kennebunkport, Maine. It's a neat little town, and it boasts of great lobster, too!
Food would be another consideration. Do you want really great seafood? As I said, lobster abounds in Maine, as well as Boston. Salmon is aplenty out west. Great Mexican cuisine is to be had in the great southwest, as well as wonderful buffalo and other hearty beef dishes.
There's actually alot to consider, when you think about it. This is just the tip of the iceburg, off the top of my head. But, maybe it will help "trigger" something for you!! lol I know that you will be sure to have fun, wherever you end up!!
Hope this helps...a little, anyway!!

heat123 said:
Well being a west coaster I would definitely say East coast- just to see NYC, Boston, RI and such from what I have heard it's beautiful back there and very rich in history it seems compared to good old CA!

Being from the east coast, I would love to see the west coast! Want to play trading consultants??

I have traveled up and down the eastern shore, and out west once....and I LOVE Boulder Colorado, and driving to the different areas around it....I want to go back someday!

Janice, we would love to join you but we will be going the first weekend of June (May 30-June 4th) I do not want to miss too much of sale-a-thon. All of your ideas sound GREAT, but we have made a decision..... drum roll please.... Jacksonhole, Wyoming !!! We will be able to go up to Yellowstone Park, and plenty of hiking. Now, to find flights to Jackson Hole. Has anyone been there, or live near there, that can give us some pointers.

Well, trying to find a flight to Jackson Hole is turning into a nightmare !!! 11-hour layover in Salt lake, Just to get there, and that would take up so much of our time. We are now exploring other options. This is a lot of fun, trying to decide, and I knew I could count on my fellow cheffers to chime in- that is what is great about this board, everyone is from different parts of the country, and everyone has wonderful ideas !!!

jenniferknapp said:
Being from the east coast, I would love to see the west coast! Want to play trading consultants??

I have traveled up and down the eastern shore, and out west once....and I LOVE Boulder Colorado, and driving to the different areas around it....I want to go back someday!
Totally Jen! I would so love to visit your neck of the woods some day!!;)

Ok, Final decisionAnd the winner is............ Sedona, Arizona !!! We will fly in and out of Phoenix. We are very excited. We are looking for a romantic B&B, and plan on doing a lot of hiking. If anyone has a prefference of where to stay, what to do based on past experience, please put in your 2 cents worth. We really wanted Jackson Hole, Wyoming, but that will have to wait until we have more time. It is almost impossible to get there quick!

Yay!!! My favorite brunch place is L'Auberge de Sedona. It is also a very nice hotel. I found it because it was featured on Food TV's show The Best Of... (the brunch episode) probably 5 years ago and I guess Rachel Ray did a $40 a day in Sedona. I did a search for your dates and you can get a room there from $250 a night, so if money was no object this is the place I would stay... breathtaking and romantic!

L'Auberge de Sedona
301 L'Auberge Lane
Sedona, AZ 86336
Tel: (800) 905-5745

Allison, Thank you for the information. We will certainly try out the brunch. I am not quite sure where we are staying yet, we will be making reservations tonight. We are looking for a romantic place, maybe a B&B.

GourmetGirl said:
L'Auberge de Sedona
301 L'Auberge Lane
Sedona, AZ 86336
Tel: (800) 905-5745

Wow, that place looks incredible. I'd love to stay there if money were no object. :D

It does look amazing, doesn't it. I sent hubby the link. I am not quite sure if money is no object (will his boss have a fit, or is it expected- since the company is picking up the tab) I could lose myself there for a few days !!!

There are also some great B&Bs in Sedona that look amazing... and if you can get away with a room for over $300 a night, there are ones with private hot tubs outside your room with 4 course gourmet breakfasts...

whatever you end up choosing, you are going to have an incredible time! Congrats to your hubby for earning this amazing bonus!

Oh man, I was too late. I was going to recommend Jackson Hole and the Yellowstone Forest. It is SO beautiful. You can fly into Idaho and get there too. My brother lives just over the Teton Mountains in Idaho and I have had some awesome times there. It is so beautiful, lots of hiking, (my SIL's sil does hiking tours).

I have to say I have been to Sedona too and you have picked another beautiful place. I hope you enjoy the trip and would love to hear about it when you return.

Wow, it sounds like Sedona is the place to go get pampered. It is not all hoity-toity, is it? Hubby and I are a lot of fun, but definetly not the "upper-crust" will we feel out of place there?

You will definitely not feel all out of place! People of all walks of life, from earthy, "granola" type people to celebrities. L'auberge was a mix when I went for Sunday brunch. My mom and I wore cotton capris and a t-shirt and were fine. Everybody is all about getting away from it all in Sedona, so nobody is really dressed up, everyone wants to relax and get pampered, so that's how one is dressed. Does that make any sense? lol :)

Sedona is also artsy and fun - at least that is what I remember from when I was there over 10 years ago. The scenery is gorgeous and there were plenty of casual places as well as the nicer ones.

Related to Where Would You Go for a 5-Day All-Inclusive Vacation in the US?

1. What are some popular destinations for a 5-day all-inclusive vacation in the US?

Some popular destinations for a 5-day all-inclusive vacation in the US include Hawaii, Florida, California, and New York. These states offer a variety of activities and attractions, as well as all-inclusive resorts and hotels.

2. Can you recommend a destination for a 5-day all-inclusive vacation that offers outdoor adventures and hiking opportunities?

If you and your husband enjoy outdoor activities and hiking, consider visiting a national park such as Yellowstone, Yosemite, or Grand Canyon. These parks offer breathtaking scenery, diverse hiking trails, and all-inclusive lodging options.

3. Are there any all-inclusive resorts that cater specifically to couples and offer a romantic atmosphere?

Yes, there are several all-inclusive resorts in the US that cater to couples and offer a romantic atmosphere. Some popular options include Sandals resorts in Florida and Hawaii, as well as The Lodge at Woodloch in Pennsylvania.

4. What is the average cost for a 5-day all-inclusive vacation in the US?

The cost for a 5-day all-inclusive vacation in the US can vary depending on the destination, type of accommodation, and activities included. On average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $1500 to $3000 per person for a 5-day all-inclusive vacation in the US.

5. Do you have any recommendations for a 5-day all-inclusive vacation in the US that is budget-friendly?

If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, consider visiting a destination that offers all-inclusive packages, such as Las Vegas, Orlando, or Myrtle Beach. You can also save money by choosing a more affordable accommodation option, such as a rental home or Airbnb, and budgeting for activities and meals outside of the all-inclusive package.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy