• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Can I Find Boil Control? Discontinued for How Long?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a discontinued product called the boil control that a guest at a show had asked about. The product has been gone for at least 10 years and was last featured in the catalog in Fall 2001. The conversation also touched on other discontinued products and how Pampered Chef contracts with companies to manufacture their products. It was mentioned that there is a museum at the home office featuring old products, including the onion mask. There was also mention of a company called Zyliss that made some of Pampered Chef's products in the past, such as the slice and grate, and the food chopper and garlic press. The conversation concluded with a reflection on the many beloved products that have come and gone over the
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I had a guest at a show last night ask me where the boil control was at. I was at a total loss. She really liked the product and I guess it has been discontinued for awhile, because I have never saw it. Does anyone know how long it has been gone and if they might bring it back like on the outlet or something.

its been gone for probably at least 10 years

Funny, I have only been with pampered chef for about 2 years now, before that I didn't even know PC existed! I signed someone last week that has purchased PC products for 11 years. When I went to do the interview she showed me some very interesting stuff. She had the slice and grate in the box and it wasn't a Pampered Chef box. The Knives with the case were different too. I was loving looking at all the old stuff. I know there's a museum type thing at the home office like the onion mask, I thought that was a hoot!

The boil control was last in the catalog in Fall 2001. So it's been gone since March 2002.

Ha! The slice n grate (before it was able to grate), was made by a company called Zyliss. I still have mine. (and it still works!) I have the slicer, the US&G and now the mandoline. There was something else that was made by Zyliss too, that I had until recently (it broke!). I think it might have been the food chopper...but not sure.

Wow there is so many products out there that have come and gone and people obviously love! It adds even more confidence to back our wonderful ;) products!

The food chopper and garlic press were both from Zyliss, way back. People think that PC manufactures all their products, but they don't. They contract with companies to make them, and then we distribute them.

The vario slicer is still my favorite it is so well loved it is actually brown instead of the original ivory (or white) can't remember what color it started as.

1. Where can I find boil control?

Unfortunately, boil control has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase through Pampered Chef.

2. How long has boil control been discontinued?

Boil control has been discontinued for several years now.

3. Can I still purchase boil control from other retailers?

Pampered Chef was the exclusive retailer for boil control, so it is no longer available through other retailers either.

4. Is there a replacement product for boil control?

While there is no exact replacement for boil control, Pampered Chef does offer a variety of simmering and boiling products that can help prevent over-boiling.

5. Will boil control ever be brought back?

At this time, there are no plans to bring boil control back. However, Pampered Chef is always updating and improving their product line, so there may be a similar product in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbenton4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • Tig
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TinaOuellette
  • {*mandy*}