• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Your Husbands Excitement Is a Bad Thing...

In summary, the woman stared at the woman reading the magazine and then the woman got up and moved the magazine.
AJPratt
Silver Member
My husband was so excited for me and PC after I returned from conference! The downside was that he was telling my neighbors about the new products and told them they could take my catalog. Yes, the ONE catalog I have that I haven't even looked at! So, I dropped hints that I needed it back and they didn't pick up on it. I called over and told them that I needed it for a "September host meeting". She told me that my other neighbor said that I said she could have it and took it. :eek: So, I go over and ask for it for my "meeting". She told me that she passed it along to the new neighbors and that they were coming over with it. Which they did. Phew. The one lady remarked that she was surprised that I only had one catalog. I had to explain WHY I only had one catalog. I get it back and its got a watermark on the front and several oil marks. Ugh! I said something to my husband about the damaged catalog and he said, "That's why you shouldn't give out your only catalog." I said, "EXCUSE ME? WHO gave out my only catalog?" Sheez. Anyone else have any stories about a too supportive spouse?

Not a story about a TOO supportive spouse, but my DH made strides yesterday! After work yesterday, I asked him if maybe he could talk to his boss about PC and inviting her to my open house for me (she's almost the only woman he works with). He said he already had, just today!

He said it came up that now that I had finished my thesis, I couldn't sit still enough and started PC. She said she likes the products but feels they are kind of expensive. I was so proud of him for even bringing me up on his own!

Didn't think of it at the time, but it would be good to point out to her the host rewards program, wouldn't it? Because it wouldn't matter if the items were expensive in her mind if she got them free! Right?

Maybe I will give him a catalog with a note that points out the reward chart, along with the host special fliers for the next month or two. What do y'all think? Just got my kit yesterday so still new at this!

I know what ya mean! My hubby has a co-worker that is getting married in Oct. I asked him if he could give them info about the registry--he tells me I can scan the info and email her!!! I don't even know this chick! But, he relented and said that he will do it if I give him all the info.

By the way, he works at O'hare, and when everyone was flying in and out for conference he talked with a few of them! Kind of exciting, wish I was there to meet them, but he forgot to get business cards....... I need to train him a little better :)

He also worked the baggage area one of the days and said that alot of the bags from conference got scanned because of the glo stick thing we got! how funny--at least he knew what it was for!

Lisa, I'd definately go for it! I'd attach a little handwritten note that says something along the lines of "Fred (or, your husband's name LOL) mentioned that you liked our products and I wanted you to know you could get them for FREE simply by having some friends over and letting me entertain you! Thanks for checking out our catalog. Feel free to call me if you have any questions or want to book your party. Thanks, have a great day! -Lisa" something like that. And if she says she doesn't want to host a cooking show, you can always ask if she wants to do a catalog show. You've got a GREAT attitude.. put yourself out there, stomp on any fears you have of stepping out of your comfort zone, and do it.. You'll be glad you did!

Not a spouse, but I had taken my CN from conference to work with me, and I had shown it to a few people, I sat it down and picked it up and moved it so another lady could sit down (one of those really annoying ones that just bugs the crap outta everyone, you know the one that they say Oh crap here she comes, come on you know you know at least one, lol). Anyway I was reading the Empowering Women Magazine and moved the other one to the other side of me, she picked it up, then looked through it, then put it down in between us and then when lunch was over I picked it up and she had set her WET cup on it, ughh, I just wanted to wring her neck, I was so mad.

jdavis said:
...I picked it up and she had set her WET cup on it, ughh, I just wanted to wring her neck, I was so mad.

How rude!!!

Anne,

Did you really READ the title of this thread. . . . . Oh, those darn tassles are rearing their ugly heads. :)

As long as no one touches their blouse and says "I have something to show you" we'll be ok. LOL I almost peed my pants during the tassle fiasco. I did feel so bad for her though because she had no clue.

I think I missed something!:eek:

TasslesYou must have been at Wave 1!

Apparently, she did not comment on other "creative" uses at waves 2&3:rolleyes:

I want to know about the tassles!

Yes! My hubby is way too supportive. He will start talking to people saying how HE can get them a great price on the products and HE can be at the show. I hate saying this but my hubby doesnt know when enough is enough. He overwhelms people w/ info and he gets pushy. By the time I get him aside the people have walked away usually muttering. The least he could have done was to get names and phone numbers.
But the great price he mentions he figures he can say he will give it to them less then the catalog reads. I have to explain it comes out of my profit. What a pain. Then he feels bad. My hubby LOVES PC. He tries so hard to be support9ive. I have bought him the hat that says "supportive Spouse" and he does wears it w/ out complaint. lol.

My Mom is like that......she just goes on and on and on about stuff. Not just Pampered Chef but everything and it annoys people. She has helped me at one fair and I had to ask her to stop talking to people. I felt bad and know I hurt her feelings but when the people start looking like a caged animal trying to get away it's time to stop lol.

Sk8Mom209 said:
You must have been at Wave 1!

Apparently, she did not comment on other "creative" uses at waves 2&3:rolleyes:
Well??????

Anne,

I just read this on another board which explains the inside joke about the "tassels":

I was at Wave 1. On the day they did the product announcements, Lisa (I forget her last name) from Product Development was on stage announcing all the new products. When she got to the Glitter Linens (mid-season product), she talked about the table runner and that it had removable tassels. HOWEVER, when she was talking about the tassels, her inflection was a little off. She said, "And the tassels are removable, allowing for OTHER, CREATIVE uses." The caps are mine to show the emphasis she placed on those particular words.

Now, many in the audience started laughing. Lisa paused and smiled at everyone, but clearly had no idea what she had just said. That made more people laugh even harder. Then Lisa tried to go on with the words on the teleprompter, which were basically a list of all the places/ways you could entertain with the new linens/tassels, including "church functions". By now, the entire theatre of 3000+ consultants is falling all over themselves laughing. Lisa still doesn't get it - she's subtlely checking her blouse to make sure all the buttons are buttoned (like we'd laugh at her for that!), and mostly she just looks confused. In fact, at one point, the mic picked up on her saying "What did I say".

Then she introduced the special surprise guest, Julie Christopher, by announcing that she's been busy entertaining over the last several months. That did it, the whole place just lost it. Julie came out on stage, shook her finger at everyone and said, "Shame on all of you! I've been entertaining at church functions! I'll explain the joke to her later!".

So, my question is, did this happen at the later Waves, or did they re-write the speech? Or at least get her to change her inflection? Enquiring minds want to know...

Thank your Robert and Tracey for posting. I WAS at Wave 1 and had no idea how to convey the incident. . .

I'm sure others from Wave 1 would agree that "I haven't laughed that hard in a long time". Poor Lisa.

Oh... She did mention the tassles, but must have practiced that it wouldn't sound THAT way. LOL

I think it is hysterical she had no idea what she had said, even after everyone was laughing so hard. You know when you are in that situation, you go over want you said in your mind and usually have a light bulb moment and can participate in the joke with everyone else. Not Lisa! And Julie just made it more funny by scolding us.

I thought it was funny of Julie to say that "her mom was going to ground her if she didn't move it along". I really wish she would come back on a more permanent basis.

Did you guys notice the camera guy backing away from her too? Kinda funny

That was one of those moments when you just had to be there, explaining it just doesn't do it justice!

That is just too good. I will definaltly be saying OTHER CREATIVE are available but not recommended. I wasnt there but th joke was good.

That is soooo funny... a very similar thing happened at our conference to! (Canada) Those darn tassles and the script on the telprompter must have got "tweaked" after your wave one and our conference, because we had our conference during your wave one I believe. And the tassle thing had the whole place in hysterics.. But our VP & Gen manager (janice) actually went ahead and played along with it once she realized what it sounded like once it came out of her mouth and the first few giggles started, then she really started playing it up...LOLOLOL
but the next day Rick V said up on stage... "Janice, Doris called.... she heard about the tassle thing.... YOUR GROUNDED".
And Doris mentioned it again when she was on stage at our closing session.
It was pretty funny!

I love a company that can laugh at itself!

Related to When Your Husbands Excitement Is a Bad Thing...

What is "When Your Husbands Excitement Is a Bad Thing..." about?

"When Your Husbands Excitement Is a Bad Thing..." is a guide for women who are struggling with their husband's excessive excitement or enthusiasm in certain situations. It offers tips and techniques for managing and redirecting this excitement in a positive way.

How can this book help me?

This book provides practical advice and strategies for dealing with your husband's excitement in a constructive manner. It covers topics such as communication, setting boundaries, and finding balance in your relationship.

Is this book only for married women?

No, this book can be helpful for any woman who is in a relationship with a partner who has a tendency to become overly excited or enthusiastic. The tips and techniques can be applied to any type of relationship, whether married or not.

Will this book change my husband's behavior?

While this book cannot guarantee a change in your husband's behavior, it can provide you with tools and strategies to effectively manage and redirect his excitement. It also offers insights into the possible underlying reasons for his behavior and how to address them in a healthy way.

Can I use these techniques without my husband knowing?

Yes, the techniques and strategies outlined in this book can be used without your husband knowing. However, it is recommended that you communicate openly and honestly with your partner about your concerns and how you are working to improve your relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • noelskitchen