• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bad Practice? Making Oob Calls Only?

In summary, the speaker generally makes follow up calls about a week after the order has been delivered. They recently had to cancel a joint party with other DS companies and treated it as a catalog show. However, one of the other consultants is wondering where her order is and threatening to cancel if she doesn't hear back. The speaker wonders if they should call all catalog orders prior to placing them, but doesn't want to change their business practices if it's just a few nit-picky customers. Other advice is appreciated, but the speaker is not too worried about the situation. They also mention that they don't usually call catalog orders unless the host gives them their names. They consider themselves new to the business and don't have time to make all
pampermejolene
Gold Member
Generally speaking, the only follow up calls I make are about a week after the order has been delivered. I figure that has given the host enough time to distribute the orders and then I call to see if they have taken the products out of the boxes if they need recipes or hints & tips etc. I have done this with all my shows (probably half my shows have been catalog).

Recently I was supposed to do a joint party with 2 other DS companies. I didn't know them, just the girl that was putting it together. I had to cancel 2 days in advance because I had fallen ill. The host and I talked and decided to treat it as a catalog show... no problem...

Well, I just received an email from one of the other consultants wondering where her stuff was and hoping it would be here within 3 weeks when she leaves to go out of the country (the party was a week and a half ago). And she also informed me that she had talked to one of her friends who had ordered from me and if she didn't hear from me today that she was going to cancel her order. (the whole tone of the email was very rude).

I did call the lady but was only able to leave a message. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this. Should I be calling all catalog orders PRIOR to placing the order? that just seems a bit redundant to me... they just placed the order! When I have called for oob calls, people have been able to ask for tips or sometimes even order another of whatever it was because they like it so much or whatever.

Any advice would be appreciated. I guess part of me kind of feels attacked and I want to know that I am doing the right thing or that I should change my biz practices. However, I don't want to change how I run my biz if maybe it's just two someone nit-picky ladies.

Wow, I think you ended up with a couple rude customers. Maybe the host didn't give them much info. I would call them and let them know the status. Be overly nice. :)

I usually do not call catalog orderers to let them know I am placing the order, most of the time because the host only gives me their names anyway. Sounds like you bumped into a couple of people with different expectations.

I would not stress about it.

BTW - great picture!!

Hmmm, that is really expecting a lot from you - I wonder if they thought that you stock the stuff and could just fill the order from your storeroom?:D

Thanks!
I thought I was doing ok, but I still consider myself somewhat new at all this (Feb 22 is my one year anni :D) If I called all my catty orders and did host coaching and OOB calls, I would never get off the phone! :p

What is considered "bad practice" when making Oob calls for Pampered Chef?

Bad practice in making Oob calls for Pampered Chef refers to making calls to customers or potential customers without their permission or consent. This includes calling numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry, making excessive or harassing calls, or calling outside of designated hours.

Why is making Oob calls only considered bad practice?

Making Oob calls only can be considered bad practice because it can be seen as intrusive and disrespectful to the customer. It also goes against Pampered Chef's values of building relationships and providing a positive experience for our customers.

Are there any consequences for making Oob calls only?

Yes, there can be consequences for making Oob calls only. It can damage the reputation of Pampered Chef and result in complaints from customers. In addition, it may also violate laws and regulations regarding telemarketing and result in fines or legal action.

What are some alternatives to making Oob calls only?

Instead of making Oob calls only, Pampered Chef representatives can use other methods of communication such as email, social media, or mail to reach out to customers. It is also important to obtain permission or consent before contacting customers and to respect their preferred method of communication.

How can I report someone who is making Oob calls only on behalf of Pampered Chef?

If you have received Oob calls only from someone claiming to represent Pampered Chef, you can report them to our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562. We take these reports seriously and will investigate any potential violation of our policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Shae424
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • pamperedchef88