• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When the Sign Says "No Soliciting"

M
Mindascookin
I just love the ladies in my dentist's office and have thought a couple of times of bringing up PC. They are a really fun group and do a lot of things after hours together and I could see one of them booking a party. I have been thinking of dropping off some goodies for them and leaving a business card or mini catalog. However, there is a sign on the door that says No Soliciting. Would this be considered inappropriate? I've been a patient for four years or so and I don't want to cause an awkward situation.

I actually had one of the girls at my dentist's office call me for a show last year. She found out about me being a consultant and wanted to book on the spot. Since you've been a patient for 4 years - you can always casually mention that you are a consultant in case anyone was in need of anything. If you get a good response - you can always take it from there. If you weren't a patient and randomly going from place to place - I would take the No Soliciting more for that. Good luck - it never hurts to ask!

Gina Miller

I wouldn't drop off anything if it says no soliciting. You want to respect their wishes (of course it could just be the doctor who feels that way), either way, there's nothing that says at your next appt. you couldn't wear something that says pampered chef or steer the conversation towards pampered chef and let them bring it up, then if they say drop off a catalog or something, they've brought it up and not you.Hope that makes sense.

You can always make a simple Pampered Chef recipe: cookies or veggies and dip, something SIMPLE! Take it to the business and tell them, "You have always been so nice to me. I just wanted to bring this in as a Thank you!" "I learned this recipe during my first month (or training) as a PC Consultant and its one of my favorites". You can work into the conversation that you're a PC Consultant any way that you are comfortable...

Since you have an "in" at the office, casually mention your PC consultantness and offer them a small treat if they so choose to have it. let them know that if they would like and it is approved by the "boss", you could do a lunch express "breather" show. I believe the no soliciting sign is out there for those would be wandering in off of the street...

I would call first and do a combination of the other ideas. Tell them that you are a patient and wanted to bring some treats and PC catalogs by. They will probably say yes, then you aren't soliciting because you got permission to drop off stuff!

My husband is a dentist & I leave catalogs for the office staff & in the waiting room all the time. He tells me that they also have Avon & a few other patients who do DS that drop off catalogs. I think that if you asked first & were a patient, it would be ok. I agree with the others, the sign is probably just for people dropping in.

1. Is it appropriate to bring up my business in a dentist's office?

It is generally not appropriate to bring up your business in a dentist's office, especially if there is a sign that says "No Soliciting." This sign is usually meant to discourage any type of sales or marketing activities within the office, and it is important to respect this rule.

2. Can I leave my business card or mini catalog at the dentist's office?

Leaving promotional materials at the dentist's office may also be considered soliciting, and should also be avoided. The purpose of the sign is to discourage any type of sales or marketing activities, including leaving business cards or catalogs.

3. I have been a patient for several years, can I still bring up my business?

Even if you have been a patient for a long time, it is still not appropriate to bring up your business in the dentist's office. The sign is there to ensure that the office remains focused on providing dental care, and not become a place for sales or marketing activities.

4. Can I bring in gifts for the staff and leave my business card with it?

Bringing in gifts for the staff is a kind gesture, but it is best to refrain from leaving your business card with it. This can still be seen as soliciting and may make the staff uncomfortable.

5. What if I really want to share my business with the staff at the dentist's office?

If you feel strongly about sharing your business with the staff at the dentist's office, it is best to wait until you are outside of the office to do so. This way, you can respect the sign and the staff's boundaries, while still being able to connect with them on a personal level.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Love Lauren
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
accooks13
  • hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies