• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will this show be my first no-order success in years?

In summary, the host did not prepare anyone for the show and they all took books and order forms home with them. The host is doing their best to stay positive and hope outside orders will appear.
pkd09
Silver Member
in 4 years that I came home from a show with NO ORDERS! Everyone took a book and order form home with them. Planning to close Tuesday. Now....I know that the odds of those individuals actually placing an order are extremely low. I did the 3 Host Coaching Calls, she has no computer for her to do the e-invites. Goes to show you that so much of it is WHO you invite!!!!!!! I am going to do my best in staying positive and hope outside orders will appear. I have been surprised in the past. We'll see. When I was walking out the door she was excited that 5 people came because "I had a Tupperware show and no body came".

I feel you. I had a show a while back that had the same thing! It ended up coming out to a $200 show because of outside orders. We all know that 95% of the time if someone leaves a show and doesn't order, they're not going to. Good luck!

Been there, done that. Mine was a Bridal Shower - where the host didn't tell anyone it was also a PC show - they all brought gifts. I'm sure I was just there as the caterer. :grumpy:

ChefBeckyD said:
Been there, done that. Mine was a Bridal Shower - where the host didn't tell anyone it was also a PC show - they all brought gifts. I'm sure I was just there as the caterer. :grumpy:

OMGosh! I had the exact same thing happen! And she even requested a diabetic trifle which I went through extra trouble to do for her. And what really rubbed me was when she was soooo excited opening the gift from her future in laws: ginsu knives! ARGH!

That happened to me once. There were like...12 guests and only 2 ordered AT the show, the rest were like "ok, we'll send [host] our order in the next few days!". Luckily we did get quite a few orders but it was really odd and disconcerting!

Get a list and call them yourself. Don't ask apologetically, ask with expectation. "Hi, this is Pat, the Pampered Chef consultant from Penny's show and I know you were excited to get to take the catalog home to have some more time to make your choices. Can I collect your order now, or did you decide you'd like to have a show of your own and get items free?"Don't take chances - they could be potential hosts and customers, but not with what the host prepared them for...be the consultant, call each and every one!

I have to ask: How do you set up your order taking? Do you specifically say you'll be taking orders and what payments do you expect? I know that's something I've struggled to remember, and can affect whether people order at the party.

The thing about the Bridal Shower sucks. I think I'd be tempted to just walk out after I saw everyone walk in with gifts in hand. Just tempted though, because I wouldn't want to start breaking down my display in the middle of the shower and embarrass the bride, who probably didn't have control over that.

leftymac said:
I feel you. I had a show a while back that had the same thing! It ended up coming out to a $200 show because of outside orders. We all know that 95% of the time if someone leaves a show and doesn't order, they're not going to. Good luck!

At the very first show I attended, I left without ordering. I went home and wanted to check with my husband because I wanted so many things! Two days later, I called her back and placed a $200+ order..... And booked a show! Unfortunately, only a few friends came, they ordered very little and i was not able to get anything for free....

ScottCooks got it right on the nose! That's exactly what I would say/do :)

:( I'm so sorry! Once in a blue moon you might get a host who does their own thing, like tell the guests to not worry about ordering at all, just come & have fun ... or to have fun tonight & order later. :( They really don't understand the benefits of impulse buying. People tend to spend more when they are still sitting there & excited about what they just saw, touched & cooked! I've recently started incorporating that into my host coaching. The host's goal is to earn LOTS of free & discounted stuff, so in order to do that, here are some host coaching tips that have been proven to work ... if you follow those tips, you should have a very successful show, collect lots of orders and earn LOTS of stuff for free or at a discount! :DMost of them really will do what they are told to do. Unfortunately you get that free spirit here & there who thinks that they can do their own thing & they pay the consequence. :(

What is "Tonight Was a First...."?

"Tonight Was a First...." is a line of dinnerware and cookware from Pampered Chef that is perfect for hosting special occasions or simply elevating your everyday meals.

What sets "Tonight Was a First...." apart from other dinnerware brands?

Our "Tonight Was a First...." collection is made with high-quality materials and features elegant designs that are both functional and beautiful. Plus, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can shop with confidence.

Can I mix and match pieces from the "Tonight Was a First...." collection?

Absolutely! Our "Tonight Was a First...." dinnerware and cookware pieces are designed to be versatile and can be mixed and matched to create a unique tablescape that fits your personal style.

Is "Tonight Was a First...." dishwasher and microwave safe?

Yes, all of our "Tonight Was a First...." products are dishwasher and microwave safe for your convenience. However, we recommend handwashing for best results and to preserve the longevity of the pieces.

Can I purchase "Tonight Was a First...." products as a gift?

Of course! Our "Tonight Was a First...." collection makes the perfect gift for weddings, housewarmings, or any special occasion. Just add a personalized touch with our gift wrapping and message options at checkout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies