• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Final Decision on a Black Friday Sale?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a Black Friday special for Pampered Chef products. The consultant shared her plans for the sale, including discounts and freebies, and also mentioned offering bonuses for booking shows in December or January. She also provided details for placing orders and payment options. The consultant expressed her hope to increase her sales and bookings through this sale.
babywings76
Gold Member
Has everyone decided whether or not they are going to do a Black Friday special?

If you have, can you share your final decision and how you are going to do your special. Can you share your e-mail or flyer?

Do you have these go in as a November or December show?

I am deciding what to do now, just found an ad from this site and debating what to do.

I'm on the fence. If I do, I need to get something out tonight but I was also going to send my newsletter out tonight. I've never had any luck with sales like this and I work so it would all have to be by email.

I sent this out to family, friends and email customers last night at 10:00 PM with the subject "Black Friday Sale from Your Pampered Chef Consultant":

"This Friday, November 28th, is not only DH's birthday but also "Black Friday" -- that one day a year when the store sales are too good to be true! This year to celebrate both events, I am offering my own Pampered Chef Black Friday deals-- from 12:01 AM Friday until midnight on Friday, November 28th you will get:
• 10% off your order!!
• If you have a past host discount, don't forget to enter that and get an additional 10% off.
• All orders get a FREE Season's Best Recipe Book.
• All orders must be direct ship to your address but if your order is over $75.00, I'll chip in $4.25 towards the direct shipping cost.
• All orders must be paid by credit or debit card at the time you place your order.
• Everyone who places an order will be entered in a drawing for a FREE Small Stoneware Bar Pan
• The first person who books and holds a show in December will receive a gift basket containing over $50.00 in Pampered Chef products.
• The second person who books and holds a show in December will receive a gift basket containing over $25.00 in Pampered Chef products.​
To place your order you can e-mail the details to me at [my email address] or put in your order via my website at "my website" just click "Order Products"; search for host "DH" and select him as your host.

P.S. If you want to know what's in the gift baskets before you decide to book a December show, send me an email and I'll tell you."​

I know this won't generate much income for me but I am hoping to boost my SAT amount. It really is my DH's birthday and since everyone loves him I decided that he would be my "gimmick".

Good luck to everyone trying to "Pamper-up" Black Friday!!!

Here's what I sent out:Look through your catalog or browse through the catalog on my website.Make out your list. As you think about teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and
family, don't forget to treat yourself!Call me (###-###-####) or send an e-mail to email@address. 7:00 am - 8:00 am Receive 25% off your order
8:01 am - 9:00 am Receive 20% off your order
9:01 am - 10:00 am Receive 15% off your order
10:01 am - 11:00 am Receive 10% off your order
Order $50 or more during the sale and get free shipping
Order $60 or more during the sale and get a free Beaded Spreader*It's that simple. Just call or e-mail me during these 4 hours and receive a
fabulous discount! Be sure to leave the following information:Your nameYour phone numberYour credit card number and expiration date of your credit card or let me know if
you’d prefer to pay by check. I’ll get back to you with a total. (All payments are
due by 12/5/2008.)The item number(s), item name(s) and quantity of each you would like. I’ll be sure
to verify your order information with you before submitting the order to our home
office.You’ll receive your order within approximately 2 weeks, just in time for the holidays.Feel free to contact me before Friday with any questions.Happy Shopping! *The Beaded Spreader is the December Guest Special. These orders will be included
in a December party.

This is the same email I used. Hoping to generate some sales and bookings. I did add a Bonus at the end of the email that offers a free seasoning or rub AND a free SB cookbook to anyone that books a Dec or Jan show at the time of their order.

raebates said:
Here's what I sent out:

Look through your catalog or browse through the catalog on my website.

Make out your list. As you think about teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and
family, don't forget to treat yourself!

Call me (###-###-####) or send an e-mail to email@address.

7:00 am - 8:00 am Receive 25% off your order
8:01 am - 9:00 am Receive 20% off your order
9:01 am - 10:00 am Receive 15% off your order
10:01 am - 11:00 am Receive 10% off your order
Order $50 or more during the sale and get free shipping
Order $60 or more during the sale and get a free Beaded Spreader*

It's that simple. Just call or e-mail me during these 4 hours and receive a
fabulous discount! Be sure to leave the following information:

Your name

Your phone number

Your credit card number and expiration date of your credit card or let me know if
you’d prefer to pay by check. I’ll get back to you with a total. (All payments are
due by 12/5/2008.)

The item number(s), item name(s) and quantity of each you would like. I’ll be sure
to verify your order information with you before submitting the order to our home
office.

You’ll receive your order within approximately 2 weeks, just in time for the holidays.

Feel free to contact me before Friday with any questions.

Happy Shopping!

*The Beaded Spreader is the December Guest Special. These orders will be included
in a December party.

Here's the flyer that I'm using...I modified it from someone else. I sent it out today, so we'll see...

Attachments

• black Friday 2008.doc
    47 KB · Views: 395
Good idea, Sarah. Wish I'd thought of it. I hope you're planning to add those incentives to their host order when they close their show and not their current order. There are a few unscrupulous people out there who might say one thing then do another. ;)

Okay, I think I'm going to do it, what do I have to lose. We'll see what happens. Here's what I'm going to offer:
10% off all day (even better if they have a PHD)
20% off all stoneware
Free gift with $40 product purchase (SBRC)
One person will be drawn to get the Large Bar Pan for free
Book a catalog show in December get an extra $15 for free
Book a cooking show in January for free 30 minute chicken show (or another free recipe)

I am using Kris B's format, but I changed a few things. I know I said I didn't want to talk or think about PC BUT.... If I can get to $6K for SAT I would be soooo happy so I am giving this a shot :)

That's my thinking too Mere....I'm getting so close to 6K. I sent out my email this morning:

3rd Annual "Black Friday" Sale!

I want to take this time to thank all my wonderfully loyal customers, hosts, and friends that I've made with my Pampered Chef business! I could not be successful without you; and I appreciate you very much! So, if I can help a little with your holiday shopping; that would make my day! Read below the details of my appreciation sale....and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family!

Black Friday Sale

Order between 6pm Thursday (Thanksgiving)--6am Friday: receive 20% off your order!
**email orders only, please! Just email what you'd like & I will figure the total & get back with you; your email will be time-stamped
Order between 6am Friday--9am Friday: receive 15% off your order!
**email or phone orders!
Order between 9am Friday--9pm Friday: receive 10% off your order!
**email or phone orders!
Remember also: all Unglazed Stoneware is already 20% off this month...you can get my discounts on top of that!

There will also be a drawing for a $25 gift certificate from everyone that orders....book a show for December or January and receive another chance in the drawing!

Do your holiday shopping from your computer chair in the comfort of your home....or get a good start on your way out the door to the stores' sales! I can help you come up with great gift sets too!

Side note: I recently found out the trip incentive destination for next year is Disney World! I am so excited for this! I am scheduling Jan-Feb shows now; so if you'd like to help me get off to a great start by hosting a show of your own, just let me know & we can pencil in a date that's best for you--thanks!

Enjoy this recipe with your leftover turkey!
Turkey & Cranberry Ring
(recipe followed)

lacychef said:
That's my thinking too Mere....I'm getting so close to 6K. I sent out my email this morning:

I want to take this time to thank all my wonderfully loyal customers, hosts, and friends that I've made with my Pampered Chef business! I could not be successful without you; and I appreciate you very much! So, if I can help a little with your holiday shopping; that would make my day! Read below the details of my appreciation sale....and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your family!

Black Friday Sale

Order between 6pm Thursday (Thanksgiving)--6am Friday: receive 20% off your order!
**email orders only, please! Just email what you'd like & I will figure the total & get back with you; your email will be time-stamped
**email or phone orders!
**email or phone orders!
Remember also: all Unglazed Stoneware is already 20% off this month...you can get my discounts on top of that!

There will also be a drawing for a $25 gift certificate from everyone that orders....book a show for December or January and receive another chance in the drawing!

Do your holiday shopping from your computer chair in the comfort of your home....or get a good start on your way out the door to the stores' sales! I can help you come up with great gift sets too!

Side note: I recently found out the trip incentive destination for next year is Disney World! I am so excited for this! I am scheduling Jan-Feb shows now; so if you'd like to help me get off to a great start by hosting a show of your own, just let me know & we can pencil in a date that's best for you--thanks!

Turkey & Cranberry Ring
(recipe followed)

This sounds great! How are you handling getting them their orders, are you encouraging direct shipping or are you setting up a pick-up date and place, or are you delivering?

merego said:
I am using Kris B's format, but I changed a few things. I know I said I didn't want to talk or think about PC BUT.... If I can get to $6K for SAT I would be soooo happy so I am giving this a shot :)

That was my thought. As of this morning, I'm at $3800 with over $1300 to submit so I'm going to close, might as well give it a shot.

Okay - I'm at a little over $5000 for the month....so decided to give it a try.

Here is how I am doing mine - it's more of a Thanksgiving/Anniversary Sale, not a Black Friday sale. There are more colors, graphics, etc...but they don't translate on this board.

Thanksgiving Blessings to everyone!

I love Thanksgiving....and I have so much to be thankful for - including all of my wonderful Hosts and customers! Can you believe that it was exactly 6 years ago this week that I became a consultant with The Pampered Chef? Wow! It doesn't seem possible - and what started out as just a very temporary little job has become such a fulfilling career!

In honor of my 6th Anniversary with TPC - and to celebrate Thanksgiving - I will be having a special Online Sale Thursday, November 27 - Saturday, November 29.

**All orders placed will receive a 10% discount. If you've hosted in the past year, you will receive an extra 10% off!

**PLUS you will receive direct shipping to your door at the show shipping price of $4.25. That means that no matter what or how much you order, you will pay only $4.25 shipping.

**All Unglazed stoneware is 20% off during the month of November, and you will receive an extra 10% off that 20% off sale price. (find the sales prices under "Guest Special" when you place your order!)

**All Orders of $100 or more will receive the new Holiday Desserts Cookbook for free! All orders less than $100 will receive the new Season's Best Cookbook with their order.

**There will be a drawing each day from the orders received. To be given away are:

Cranberry Deep Covered Baker

8" Executive Saute Pan

Ultimate Mandoline

When you place your order - book your own show for January or February! Not only are the host bonuses FABULOUS for these two months, but I will also do your show for free! That means that I will bring the ingredients for your demo recipe, plus bring all paper products for serving your guests, and of course I will mail out your invitations for you!

Here are the directions for placing your order to be included in this special sale:

1. Go to my website!

2. Click on "Order Products" in the lower left hand corner of the main page

3. Choose Option #1 - "Already invited to a show and would like to place an order"

4. Use my name as the name for the host "Becky Dxxxxxx"

5. Click on "Shop Catalog" to browse through the entire catalog online, or you can also choose to browse by category.

All discounts will be taken, and shipping prices adjusted when I receive your order. Your Credit or Debit Card will not be charged until I place your order, and I will email you with the correct total on your order!

Thank you so much for your continued support and friendship - you are why my job is so much fun!

I pray God's Blessings for you and your family during this season of Thanksgiving!

I posted my flyer last night on here. It's called "Fabulous Black Friday Sale" and it's in the Files. I emailed it to my customer/potential customer list last Friday night. I emailed it again late last night along with my "Wish List" flyer for my customers (attached here) that I "revised" from here. I also snailmailed the Black Friday flyer out to anyone that either had been my customer this year and does not have an email or anyone that signed up for "specials" at any of my booths I have worked along with a mini catalog and the Pampered Packages flyer from here. I hope to do well enough it will really boost my sales for this month! I am at $1,580 right now and I am hoping between my Black Friday Sale plus my 4 catalog shows, I can get to $3,000 for more SAT! I didn't include any booking specials but I'll ask people as I process their order! Wish I had thought of that too!

Attachments

• CHRISTMAS_WISH_LIST[1].doc
    123.5 KB · Views: 266
Becky,

Are your give aways extras you have laying arround?

etteluap70PC said:
Becky,

Are your give aways extras you have laying arround?

Well, the saute pan & UM are extras - the DCB I'll pay for after the 60% is taken off.

I've given up on my sale already! I tried twice tonight to do my email only to loose all my information once and the other one for some reason came out all funky when I tried to take it into Windows (silly Windows!). Stick a fork in me, I'm done, not going to worry about it. Good luck to everyone else! I'm taking the rest of the month off, PC FREE!Don't worry, I actually made plenty of calls tonight to give myself a much deserved break.

I am trying to decide if I want to do this. I will have to do it strickly online since I will be out of town that day. I was talking to DH and he said go for it I will probably be a little over 500 away from 6k.

Jennie4PC said:
I am trying to decide if I want to do this. I will have to do it strickly online since I will be out of town that day. I was talking to DH and he said go for it I will probably be a little over 500 away from 6k.

Go for it! It won't hurt if you try. *Listen to me, I already gave up!* :D

At this point, I am at 23% commission since I reached $1,500! This will help make up for my discount! I will also use my PHD of my DD's to help get 10% off too! That will help!

lacychef said:

Black Friday Sale

**email or phone orders!
**email or phone orders!

Turkey & Cranberry Ring
(recipe followed)

I have already gotten e-mails and people are excited :) We'll see how it pans out, but if I can get to $6k I will be soooo excited.

I am thinking about doing this but weighing the best way to do it ... I do not want to give away the store or put myself in the hole. I can't fathom offering a 25 percent discount when my commission is not that high ...

This would have to do REALLY WELL to count for anything more for Sell-a-thon and most of the recipients of my newsletter have been guests or ordered from my most recent shows.

I'm so close to Level 2 that I just have to try it! I have also had a couple of emails from excited customers, but we'll wait and see what pans out. I need $700 for Level 2 and I have 2 shows this weekend and a booth. I'm not expecting many sales from the booth and really will push both hosts to close at the show. Wish me luck!!

I'm doing one also but after looking at all your sales mine is small in comparison and thinking maybe I am a cheapskate LOL I got the flyer off of here and just changed it to fit what I needed.

Attachments

• Black Friday 003.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 437
Doing what works best for you isn't cheap. It's smart. Plus, while we're comparing our sales with one another's, our customers will only be aware of our own sales.

I have a show that is very close to a 500.00 so any orders over 60.00 this friday that I receive will have free shipping and I have sent out a email to my customers and this am I have had 2 e mails for orders for friday, Hopefully this will boost sales I am close to the $1000 in sales for the 3rd month in a row! Lately Catalog shows have been my way to go, no one wants to have a "show"

Oh man Becky...you reminded me...I was going to add a bit about being my anniversary too...7 years on the 29th. Oh well!

I am hoping that most of the orders will be in town, so I will deliver. (I live in a small town) If anyone orders from too far to deliver, I'll pay the extra to direct ship.

lacychef said:
Oh man Becky...you reminded me...I was going to add a bit about being my anniversary too...7 years on the 29th. Oh well!

I am hoping that most of the orders will be in town, so I will deliver. (I live in a small town) If anyone orders from too far to deliver, I'll pay the extra to direct ship.

I love my hosts/customers!

I sent it out as a Thanksgiving/Anniversary Sale last night, and this morning...and already got this email from one of my long-time hosts/customers!

Hi Becky!
Wow, that's awesome! 6 years! Time flies. I was at one of your very first shows. It was at Vicki Dxxxxx's and you were a little nervous about that show, and look at you now! I'm proud of everything you've accomplished and happy for you! I was just getting ready to place an order so thanks so much for the extra specials you're offering. So I just go out on your website and place my order and you'll get credit for it, right?

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Talk to you soon! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Pam

OK - Here's mine.

Thank you to all of you wonderful ladies from who I adapted my letter. I cut bits and pieces from each one.

Just thought I would share in the event someone else may want to adapt it to their liking...

I pasted this into an e-mail in iContact an added graphics. Nothing fancy, just sweet and simple.

I really like the Turkey Cranberry Ring but do not have the recipe or cookbook that it is in, so I used one I had.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Attachments

• 1st Annual After Thanksgiving Sale.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 352
I still can't decide...here it is Wednesday...I'm $500.00 short of the $6000 mark and just don't know if I wanna do it or take the weekend off.....don't know if I'd get that $500 anyway:confused:

UPDATE: I'm doing it....now I'm $300 away so I'm gonna make it run like ChefBecky D. A couple of days with consistent sale prices and some giveaways and maybe some shipping upgrades from regular to direct. We'll see how it goes. I do have 2 shows staying open thru the holiday to catch people at their festive gatherings so that could help in itself.

Last edited:
How's everyone's sales going? I've gotten 200-300 in orders; haven't added it all up yet.

dismal. not one order. BUT it is only 10:20 here... i have all day. there could be a whole bunch later. trying to stay positive.

I've got $60 in orders..whoopie. By the time I do my discount, I'm not really making any money off it at all.

I've still got a little less than 4 hours to go! I'm at $169 and staying optimistic for $200 in sales by the time I am done. Also have $108 on one of the catalog shows that closes Sunday and $58.55 on another so I'll see how it all goes. If worse comes to worse, I'll combine the Shows into one and divide up the FPV.

I had close to $196.xx in orders. Not too bad for not expecting anything.

I am Last Minute Charlie.
At like 10am today I threw together an email through Customer Connection on my PWS and shot it out to everyone on my contacts list. I am currently at $230.80 in sales. I am thrilled because I only just thought to do it at 10 this morning. Yay!

Not one order or phone call. I am very upset~

ChefGwendolyn said:

Sorry...did you send it through PWS? Sometimes those don't go through. When did you send them out? I took some advice from here...sent the first email last Friday, one on Tuesday, and even did a couple of updates today. I look at it this way, I tried the Super Bowl Sale and got nothing... I wanted to try this one time, but I think this will be an annual thing for me.

maybe that is what i should have done- i sent out an email- 2 actually, but one i'm not sure if everyone got. it is 7 pm right now and nothing.

ChefGwendolyn said:

Don't feel so bad I didn't get anything either and I was hoping to get something to fill in the gap I am only 300 from reach the 3000 level in the sale a thon and my 3 catalog shows I am working on closing aren't even 150 yet so depressing....

I was hoping for something at this point anything would help me !!!! I might do something though tomorrow not for sure what still thinking about it.

You could offer free shipping and/or no sales tax. Lump them all together under one name that has a PHD and that will help balance out the shipping and sales tax...

ChefGwendolyn said:
I didn't receive anything either. Fortunately, I use iContact and I can see that only 18 of the 40 I sent it to have opened the e-mail. What that tells me, among other things(and "DUH" to me) is that I waited too late to send it out. I should have started last Friday and then followed up with a reminder this week, like Jane suggested in her post. Also, I think I somehow should have made the ordering time a little more flexible or something. I saw where some of you were getting orders before Friday
So...don't get mad - get GLAD you have this site and we can all work it out together..

All we need is love, la, la, la, la...

OK - not drunk just tired and SILLY!

I had only 1 order, but it's over $300! I'll be adding it to a couple of other recent when-you-have-something-going-in orders to do a quick catty for December 1. :)Did I get the avalanche of orders I had hoped for? No.Was it worth the 15 minutes of time and $0 I spent? Absolutely.

raebates said:
I had only 1 order, but it's over $300! I'll be adding it to a couple of other recent when-you-have-something-going-in orders to do a quick catty for December 1. :)

Did I get the avalanche of orders I had hoped for? No.

Was it worth the 15 minutes of time and $0 I spent? Absolutely.

Well put Rae! I didn't get anything but at least I felt better knowing I tried something. You never know what may happen. I'll continue to do it every year and it has to play out sooner or later.

Humble Beginnings said:
Well put Rae! I didn't get anything but at least I felt better knowing I tried something. You never know what may happen. I'll continue to do it every year and it has to play out sooner or later.

Carol, my 1st few years doing these sales I got nuthin'...but I kept doing it each year -- either on Black Friday or on Super Bowl Sunday (football widow's sale). The key has been to build up my contacts list. I now have 3100+ people on my contacts list. I ONLY add people to my list with their permission - at check-out time at my shows, I ask each guest if they'd like to be on my mailing list. Any time I give out a catalog I get their contact info. the more people on your list, the better your sales will me. Don't give up - just keep plugging along...it takes time but it will happen :)

I sent out my email on Monday of this week, and followed it up with a reminder email yesterday. I received 3 orders .. not that large, but it's $120 I didn't have before!!

I didn't really read the one order I had for my Black Friday sale closely. I knew at a glance it was over $300. Well, I just did the computer work. It's over $500! Yippee! Since the order came in via email, I didn't know about it until I got home from my own Black Friday shopping. I did know that I didn't get any phone orders. I had decided that it was worth getting my name out there in front of people one more time before Christmas, whether it resulted in any orders or not. I decided that I'd do it for a few years just to see if it caught on.I can always say I had over $500 in sales my first year. I don't have to mention that it was from just one order. LOL!

What's Your Final Decision on a Black Friday Sale?

At Pampered Chef, we have decided to participate in Black Friday this year with a special sale for our customers. We are excited to offer some amazing deals on our products!

Has Everyone Decided Whether or Not They Are Going to Do a Black Friday Special?

Yes, all Pampered Chef consultants have the option to participate in Black Friday sales. It is up to each individual consultant to decide if they would like to offer a special for their customers.

Can You Share Your Final Decision and How You Are Going to Do Your Special?

As a company, Pampered Chef has decided to offer a discount on select products for our Black Friday sale. Each consultant has the option to choose which products they would like to include in their own special for their customers.

Can You Share Your E-mail or Flyer?

Unfortunately, we do not have a specific e-mail or flyer to share for our Black Friday sale. However, customers can visit our website or contact their consultant for more information on the sale and any available specials.

Do You Have These Go in as a November or December Show?

The Black Friday sale can be entered as either a November or December show, depending on the date the sale takes place. Consultants can decide which month works best for their business and enter the sale accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
leshelman
Replies
Views
chickey
  • confusedturtle
  • Pampered Chef Sales