• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Restuarant and What Do You Eat There?

In summary, Mine is Red Lobster if I choose just one. I love the Ceasar Salad, Shrimp Scampi, Biscuits. I had the Lobster Bisque for the first time the other day and it was delicious too. I also like the Long Horn, Fire Cracker Chicken Wraps, and TGIF's. My favorite changes often, but lately, it's been a steak house called Cool Hand Luke's.
ChefLisa
Black Friday or Mystery Show?Hi all!

I really want to end November strong and I am struggling to determine if I would rather hold a Black Friday sale or a Mystery Show next week.

Please let me know what type of success you have had with Black Friday sales in the past.

Thanks!
Lisa

I can't do a Black Friday sale because my family is here from WI for our Thanksgiving/Christmas every year (they come in this evening - WOO HOO! :party:). ...but I think my customer base wouldn't be that interested in it especially the day after Thanksgiving - judging by their response to other sales I have offered.

I am doing a Mystery Host show next week. Those go better for me. My last one was over $800 and it was a catalog/on line show so I thought it pretty good for the little effort I put into it.

ChefLisa said:
Hi all!

I really want to end November strong and I am struggling to determine if I would rather hold a Black Friday sale or a Mystery Show next week.

Please let me know what type of success you have had with Black Friday sales in the past.

Thanks!
Lisa

Mystery Host Shows do better for me than any sales I've offered. I've done both Mystery Host Cooking Shows (and usually tie it in with some educational component as a "workshop") and Mystery Host Catalog Shows. The catalog show can be done just as a straight catalog show or even as a catalog show where you find the 10 "hosts" to gather $100 in orders, so essentially you'd have a $1000 catalog show. Personally the latter has been my most successful - a $1600 mystery host catalog show last November and an $800 one in May. I'd just be concerned that there may not be enough time for that version. But, just a regular catalog show is worth a try!! Good luck!

I am running my sale Wed - Fri, $10 - $30 off orders depending on how much they purchase.

More just a favor to my customers and hosts than for needed sales. I sent out an e-mail (have over 500 in my contact list), put "Thanksgiving Sale" in as a host on my website. If they order thru there, they must have Direct Shipping and pay with a card....I e-mail or call them with their corrected total.

I never have had great luck with these, but it is FREE for me to do, so what the heck?!

I haven't had much luck with my last 2 Mystery Host shows and never did a black friday sale but I am doing one this Friday...I figured what do I have to lose? I have gotten a few responses of people excited about it and plan on calling me..many have forwarded it to their friends and family as well. I will let you know how it goes.

Mine is Red Lobster if I choose just one. I love the Ceasar Salad, Shrimp Scampi, Biscuits. I had the Lobster Bisque for the first time the other day and it was delicious too.

My second fav would be Long Horn. I love their Fire Cracker Chicken Wraps. Does anyone have a knock off recipe for them?

There's a locally ourn restaurant here in an old AnteBellum home that I love too.

Sorry, ended up could not choose just one.:D

mmm.. I love Red Lobster's biscuits too! We go to Friendly's as a family when we go out cuz they actually have food Lil Girl will eat (and it's the same thing.. every.. single.. time). But if we go out? Well, if it's for breakfast or lunch I LOVE a local little eatery called Shorty's Sunflower Cafe! They have awesome sweet potato and zucchini fries! Great, plate filler pancakes and a lovely assortment of sandwiches that are outta this world!

There is a great steakhouse called Carnevor, but for chains I like Boston Market.

I looove TGIF's. Usually get fiesta chicken skillet

My favorite changes often, but lately, it's been a steak house called Cool Hand Luke's.

They are soooo good! I love the Rib-eye cooked Medium and the garlic mashers.

oh ya and if we're talking about chains, I like The Olive Garden.

There is a great Restaurant around here called Dukes...it is great...they have a Crab Pretzel as an appetizer....MMMMMMM....that place is great...

As far as chains though...I love Steakhouses...especially Texas Roadhouse.

Brandi said:
I looove TGIF's. Usually get fiesta chicken skillet

I love their Jack Daniels Glazed Ribs!! For Chains I also like Texas Road House but not the one by us..for some reason it's just not the same. Part of it could be is they give you the rolls with the awesome butter right away but no silvaware until the waitress comes 10 min later!

For special meals we go to The Melting Pot. It's romantic, secluded seating and good food. On the pricy side though.

I really like a basgue restraurtant here called the Star they cook everything in garlic it is so yummy! But for chains I would have to say Sizzler or Olive Garden.

Any Indian restaurant in So Cal. Yummy!Locally a cafe "Dimion's" at the Sunland Exit of Interstate 5. Always changing specials, good basic menu. Breakfast, lunch, informal dinners. Thinking of renting their banquet room for next years "thank you party" for my hostesses.

jennie4pc said:
I really like a basgue restraurtant here called the Star they cook everything in garlic it is so yummy! But for chains I would have to say Sizzler or Olive Garden.

mmm Basque food....my fav place in Fresno serves the side dishes and soup "family style" with individual entrees. Love it..

thats how the food is served here also if you go home hungry its your fault:D

I love the Olive Garden! In fact I just interviewed there the other day.
I love Red Lobster but the one in Nashua NH closed so now I don't know where the closest one is. :cry:

I used to like Olive Garden until I discovered Carabba's (or is it Carraba's?). Very good. I eat all the bread they bring, and I dip it into the oil. I eat the brucshetta appetizer (again, not sure about spelling). I eat a salad, but I have no idea what it's called. It's very good, but I'm usually too full to eat it there. I bring most of it home.
I also like South of the Border. I get the double quesadilla's with avocados. Everything there is loaded with fat and sodium, so I don't choose to eat ther much. I like the food, though.
I really like Panera Bread. I went there yesterday and got the panini with turkey and artichokes. The foccacia bread was so good.
Locally, I love Via Maria, New Holland Brewing Co, and 84 East. Lunch is excellent at Butch's Dry Dock. All of these are downtown.

jennie4pc said:

We don't have a Sizzler here in Spokane anymore!!! I loved that dang place! I love there stupid little cheese bread! Sizzler has a significant memory, special place in my heart, it's there that my hubby and I went on our first date, but that was in California. I think they still have them there!

I love Red Lobster!!!! It's my favorite!!! But the drive is far for us, so we don't go there often, usually my b-day, because I get to pick on that day, and my kids have a sitter and I get time with my hubby! Anything with Lobster works and on my b-day I usually get it because my b-day is near Valentines and they always seem to do the Lobster fest during that time! Appetisers always and it's usually Coconut Shrimp!
My favorite restaurant here in town is Azteca, and it's mexican food! And I can't pick a favorite, I love it all! Appetisers, chili poppers! yum!

Outback is always my number 1!
I worked there through college and it's amazing that I STILL like the food! heh heh

I love Olive Garden! I suppose I would love Red Lobster bc I LOVE Lobster but in Maine we have the best anyways! LOL

I love Olive Garden, dh doesn't like it soo much, so we don't go too often. I also love Carlos O'Kelly's Yummy!

I remembered another restaurant we really enjoy that's not a chain. It's called Aladdin in West Reading and features really yummy middle eastern food... mostly Lebanese flavored. They have the BEST hummus in the world! Their cheese wraps also outrank any mozzarella stick I've ever eaten. LOL.. and to top off a meal, really lovely, strong Turkish coffee and baklava... mmmmmm....

lkprescott said:
I remembered another restaurant we really enjoy that's not a chain. It's called Aladdin in West Reading and features really yummy middle eastern food... mostly Lebanese flavored. They have the BEST hummus in the world! Their cheese wraps also outrank any mozzarella stick I've ever eaten. LOL.. and to top off a meal, really lovely, strong Turkish coffee and baklava... mmmmmm....

That sounds really good. I love baklava! I should make some. Not that I need it.

Related to What's Your Favorite Restuarant and What Do You Eat There?

1. What is your favorite restaurant?

My favorite restaurant is Olive Garden.

2. What do you usually order at Olive Garden?

I usually order the Tour of Italy, which includes lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, and chicken parmesan.

3. What do you like about Olive Garden?

I love the cozy and welcoming atmosphere at Olive Garden. The unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks are also a great perk.

4. Do you have any recommendations for first-time visitors at Olive Garden?

I highly recommend trying their famous breadsticks and any of their pasta dishes. Also, don't forget to save room for their delicious desserts.

5. Are there any vegetarian options at Olive Garden?

Yes, Olive Garden has a variety of vegetarian dishes such as the Eggplant Parmigiana and the Spaghetti with Marinara sauce. They also have a separate menu for gluten-free options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies