• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting an Open House: Who to Contact and What to Offer?

V
vwpamperedchef
Well, my sales for November arent where I want them. I;ve made the phone calls, and honestly people do not get back to me to finalize a date.

So my director proposed the idea of an open house...I have some (ok lots) of questions.

Who do I contact? Past host? Customers? Everyone?

Do I do a demo or just serve food & let people shop?

I am thinking of doing a pre-black Friday sale. Obviously, its getting close to that time, so I need ideas fast.

Do I offer Free shipping (and just eat the shipping costs for each person)?

I want to offer something enticing, that won't break the bank so to speak.

My director mentioned perhaps a % off of Gift certificates for my entire email list on Black Friday (which I might still do even if I host the open house).

Need ideas, feedback, etc.

Thanks all! MUCH APPRECIATED.:blushing:

I'm having a holiday open house today at my house. I invited neighbors, parents of my kids' friends, old family friends I haven't heard from in a while... I really racked my brain cuz my customer database just isn't that big yet. I sent out about 30 invites... My son's teacher put in an outside order... and my neighbor confirmed she'd be over. That's the only response so far so I'm hoping folks will just show up! I'm having it as a stop n shop... I'll have premade some of the holiday things (I just got my supply order yesterday with the bamboo spoons in it.. I want to dip them in chocolate like in the holiday mini-catalog) like the wreaths... I'm also planning on making a "mug" cake for whomever shows up... since I don't have mugs though [yet] I'm going to do it in my sm bowls and turn them out onto the medium squares. I'm keeping it simple.. no live demo, answer questions... book shows and take orders. Oh and I'm planning on having just simply sugar cookies on a stone in the oven with the cinnamon & carmel sprinkles on them... should smell up the house nice and will be something sweet folks can eat to get them in the holiday shopping mood! I've not gotten my holiday decorations out... don't want to push the feeling and plan on having nice, 'smooth' easily listening type stuff in the background... again, not pushing the holiday thing other than the examples of food and entertaining presentation.

simple. gotta love that. thanks!

ive made the pretzal wreaths and they have been a huge hit.

bump...still interested in other responses...

Free Shipping To Anyone Who Brings A Stranger----that Books

bumping...

Well, I'll bump for you too and update on my open house today. I baked the cookies and they were REALLY good, made the house smell great too! I tried to be patient and eventually my neighbor came over with her daughter. We had a great visit and they both placed orders. While they lingered and noshed on the cookies, I also made an artichoke and sundried tomato tapanade dish with some french bread slices... gave me something to do and not hover over them and I was able to interject stuff in while they browsed the catalog. I ended up not doing the mug cake though... the cookies and dip were plenty, especially since no one else showed. :(HOWEVER... I'm not done yet. I'm planning on following up with everyone on my list that I hadn't heard from (which is most everyone) that I have a phone number or email for and see if they got my postcard and really see if they have an interest and just forgot or what. I have enough to call it a show but darnit... I'm tired of just barely making it to $150! *sigh*... I'm hoping good followup will help... BTW, between the two of them I sold 3 bottles of the sprinkles... just sprinkled them on refrigerated store bought sugar cookie dough and baked it on stoneware... love those sprinkles! LOL..

Maybe do another date---soon after---stay set up----so if they can't make it they will be lucky enough to come to the next one!!

Open Houses need TLC. Eventually, you create a reputation when you have had them for a couple of years. Try to aim for the same timeframe. Mine this year is going to be a "Shop'Till You Drop" finale to Thanksgiving week of sales.

Morfia - invite everyone, and call call call. This year I am doing some gimmicky things - made a puzzle out of 2 matching cereal boxes - cut puzzle pieces of 1, traced them on the other. People come to find out what their piece "gets them". Some of the pieces will warrant extra Raffle Tickets at the event; some will win Season's Best cookbooks; all others will get a free recipe card - with my contact info, of course!

See attached invitation - I have changed it to be a SHOP 'TILL YOU DROP event, rather than a Black Friday event. God Bless You ! Let us know how it goes.

-praying for Paige and her family-

Attachments

• invite.doc
    127.5 KB · Views: 668
Wow, Scott! That's amazing! I had thought about attaching my invitation for my Holiday Open House, but yours is so fabulous I changed my mind!!! I'm glad y'all share your great ideas; I have trouble thinking outside the box!

Thanks Scott, I did see your file some place else! I do like it, but I think it might be too much for my first open house. I already sent the invites out that I made...its going on Nov. 20, and perhaps like Morfia said I will have a back up date.

Fingers crossed for a great show!

I am having an open house and inviting other vendors. I would like to have a few samples out to taste, but want ideas that are not only tasty, but impressive. The tuxedo brownies are always a big hit. Any other suggestions?
Also, I've only asked one person to participate with me so far. She sells Arbonne skin products. Does anyone have any unique ideas for other people to ask, other than the typical candle vendors, home interior, etc? I want it to be different than your average open house. Thanks!

Mine is tomorrow night with Avon and Homemade Gourmet. I hope it goes well, I mailed about 40 invitations and we invited all the women from work and posted flyers at work. The other ladies emailed the invite to their contact addresses also. I hope it goes well!

karenschulte said:
I am having an open house and inviting other vendors. I would like to have a few samples out to taste, but want ideas that are not only tasty, but impressive. The tuxedo brownies are always a big hit. Any other suggestions?
Also, I've only asked one person to participate with me so far. She sells Arbonne skin products. Does anyone have any unique ideas for other people to ask, other than the typical candle vendors, home interior, etc? I want it to be different than your average open house. Thanks!

The Cranberry Crunch recipe from the Homemade... Show is great! Easy to make, and would serve a lot of people (a small piece) plus, if you make one of the gift trees out of some of it and have it on display - it will be very impressive! People loved it at the Fundraiser Open House I did this past weekend.

I am concentrating on my sales for November. Having other DS companies there would defeat my purpose.

Tuxedo brownies, I will have to look those up. Sound delish!

I'm doing my 2nd annual holiday open house/client appreciation eventThis Saturday. 10am-1pm. Making it a mystery host event - 1 person getting all free products, 1 person getting all 1/2 items, 1 person getting guest special. They get various # of tickets based on different criteria - from RSVPing, to placing an order, to joining my team, to booking shows.

I have recipes already made - I'm doing spinach artichoke dip, mini pesto pizzas, tangy pepper brie, profiteriole puffs, chocolate raspberry cookie trifle. I have all of the recipe cards from all of the theme recipes from the past year. I tie them up in ribbon, and I'm giving that, along with a pretzel wreath to everyone who comes. Anyone who places an order gets a season's best, and if there order is over $75 I pay for their $4 shipping.

It's just a causal laid back morning - no pressure, just thanks for hosting with me, thanks for being a client event.

I send e-mail only to to EVERYONE in my contact list. Last year I also did snail mail to everyone who I didn't have e-mail for who either hosted with me or spent more than $100 with me. Got 1 person from that mailing show up. So this year - I've just done e-mail. 1 e-mail went out a month ago. Another one went out last week, and I'll send another one on Thursday. I have twice as many showing up this year than last - which is about 12 - so to me, I'm already having a success.

Last year my sales were over $300 with 3 bookings - it was well worth it. This year I'm obviously hoping for more with twice as many in attendance.

Liz - This sounds like something I may try actually. I've been toying with the idea all weekend, and think the casual laid back atmosphere of a Saturday morning just might work. Thanks for the tips!

patti

Thanks for the great ideas! My sister has shamed me into an Open House Thanksgiving weekend. I guess it is better that she push me rather than someone else. I need the push and ideas here are wonderful and I think I will incorporate some into my Open House.

Thanks!

I'm having a black friday sales event for Friday and saturday; thendoing the "oops! I forgot" sales event the following week, so that I can *hopefully* turn it into a show for myself. I am getting some GREAT ideas here! Thanks so much for all your posts!

And, Scott, thanks for the flyer. I'm using bits an pieces of it if you don't mind...

I did mine last Monday with less than 10 days of planning. It was a fundraiser for a sick neighbor so that got a few folks from our Bunco group to come. I gave some cranberry bark to everyone who came, had small munchies. It was 9:30-12:30 in the morning OR 7-9 at night. Although a few people said they would come at night, only one did.

I invited, via email, my entire contact list of 400+ people. Had maybe 15 orders at $600.

1. Who do I contact?

It's a good idea to contact both past hosts and current customers for your open house. Your past hosts may be interested in hosting again and your current customers may be interested in attending and bringing friends.

2. Do I do a demo or just serve food & let people shop?

This is up to your personal preference and what you feel will attract more people. You could do a combination of both - have a small demo set up but also have food and drinks available for guests to enjoy while they shop.

3. I am thinking of doing a pre-black Friday sale. Obviously, its getting close to that time, so I need ideas fast.

One idea could be to offer a discount on certain products or a special deal for those who attend the open house. This could entice more people to attend and make a purchase.

4. Do I offer Free shipping (and just eat the shipping costs for each person)?

Offering free shipping can be a great incentive for guests to make a purchase. However, be sure to calculate the costs beforehand to ensure it won't eat into your profits too much.

5. I want to offer something enticing, that won't break the bank so to speak. My director mentioned perhaps a % off of Gift certificates for my entire email list on Black Friday (which I might still do even if I host the open house).

Offering a discount on gift certificates can be a great way to attract more customers and encourage them to make a purchase during the open house. It won't break the bank for you since you are offering a discount on future purchases rather than immediate ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • gtrchic05
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The Pickler