• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting a Fun Evening Open House for Moms and Kids

In summary, Melody Wilson offers a variety of cooking shows for moms and kids. She provides ideas for things to do, such as hosting a show with a group of Girl Scouts, hosting a show with a variety of recipes, or cooking with kids using the cut and seal. She also offers safety tips for hosting a show, such as keeping pot handles turned towards the center of the stove and knowing general kitchen safety tips.
jennuone
I am looking for ideas to host a show for moms and kids, for those that come to my evening open house. Any ideas?

Hmmm... check out the "Let's Eat" cookbook from the Pampered Library. There's lots of great ideas in there... in fact, in February, I'll be doing a "Mom I'm Bored" Cooking class!

Things like:
microwaved banana boats and s'mores.

The Chocolate Lava Cake in the Microwave would be great - let them pick the flavour of cake and icing!

Using the Crinkle Cutter to make carrot/cucumber coins (with the Corer, take out the middle of the cucumber, insert a peeled carrot and slice with the Crinkle Cutter). Kids love it and goggle them up!

Show off the Apple Wedger. Put Peanut Butter in the Prep Bowls and let the kids dip the apple pieces in same. Or make the Chocolate Peanut dip (can't recall which book it's in) and they can dip in there, too.

Use the Cut n' Seal to make "sealed sandwiches"

Show off the My Safe Cutter, the can opener (showing off it's safety features so little fingers don't get sliced) and can strainer, mini-whipper (great for choc. milk), ice cream sandwich maker, Silicone Floral cupcake pan (using cake mix), Creative Cutters Set (the kids can cut up cheese slices, veggies, etc. for a veggie platter).

I like the idea of the Quik Stir Pitcher filled with water and glitter - the kids can have fun making the glitter swirl in the pitcher.:D

Does that help?

Attachments

• CutnSeal Crust and Filling Ideas.doc
    23 KB · Views: 353
I had a "cooking with kids" (with the Mom, I'm bored undertones on the invite! great idea!) We had 12-15 kids (only about 7 Moms) 3 stations. We made 1. Tic Tac Toe pizza 2. Raspberry summer sippers and 3. the ice cream sundae from the kid's cookbook. There would be about 5 kids at each station with 2 moms helping. They had a blast and I booked a cwk show with EVERY Mom! Then I spoke about it and how fun it was at my next two shows and booked 3 more! The sales are slightly lower just because there are less checkbooks present (40 moms would be awesome...but that would be 100 kids! Messssssy!) However, this tapped into a whole new market for me and really upped my bookings. From the bookings, I have booked more regular shows and cwk shows! I was at a booking standstill and this has gotten me a whole new crowd! I also downloaded some quizzes and worksheets about food safety and gave out prize baggies with food stickers and one creative cutter to those who knew the answers. I also found some cheap kids aprons and gave each child one. They really had fun and scouts can earn the cooking merit badge. Feel free to email me with any questions!!
Melody Wilson

(208) 322-6631
(208) 412-4495
[email protected]

Cooking with kids shows are fun! You can use the cut and seal for crustless sandwiches. We ALWAYS use the decorating bottles and either fill them with whipped topping, frosting or pudding and decorate cookies or make a mini tart of some kind.
I have had huge success with having the kids make their own trail mix where they have to measure and mix the ingredients. This shows a lot of tools, like the measuring spoons and cups, easy ready measuring cups, , measure all cup. bamboo tongs, small bamboo spoons,, the scoops, etc. Each child receives the recipe of ingredients to make their trail mix and a gallon size ziploc. Mom's hold bag while kids go from item to item and make their trail mix. Depending on the season, I always have some kind of candy to add to it as well like the mallow pumkins or candy corn for fall.

pampermemelody- where did you get the quizzes and games about food? I love the idea of allowing kids in the kitchen. I know so many moms here that don't allow their kids in the kitchen and I would love to show them that their kids would do just fine in the kitchen.

I'm doing a show with a group of Girl Scouts - any suggestions on cooking with older kids, say 12 years old? Nothing too difficult, but more advanced than just cut n seal sandwiches (which I've done with 8 year olds). TIA!!

Salads with the Salad Chopper?
Pancakes?
Grilled Cheese?
General kitchen safety (like keeping pot handles turned toward the center of the stove, only cut on a cutting board, etc.)
Ooh-- Panini!

I do wraps with kids - lots of cheese to grind, have meats already rolled up - have a spread already mixed. Kids love to choose what goes in, and like eating.

Of course, I show APCS and have a caramel dip and nuts to roll it in - keeps the caramel a little cleaner.

For summer, one of the best alongside treats is UM lemonade - 4 small or 3 medium lemons, 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, water in QSP, ice in glasses, awesome. You can reuse the same lemons a second time. Only keeps about 2 hours though - lemon peel makes it too pungent after that.

Email me for more ideas.

I am also looking for recipes for kids. But I need recipes that kids can take in their lunches. We are doing a "Back to School" party and it needs to be able to last unrefrigerated. I already mentioned the PB and apple and of course the cut n seal. But, that won't make for a complete party. The trail mix is a good idea. Any others???

Wow, these are GREAT ideas!! I just spoke to a mom today that wants to do a Halloween "kid" cooking show. Reading these posts gave me some great ideas!

I'm thrilled to see all of these excellent ideas! I work with a local mothering group and am thinking of doing a "kids" party just before all of the holidays begin. I was hoping to have several of the kids safe knife, the cut n' seal, and even some cutsie cooking stuff for kids (I sure wish we still had the chef's hat and apron for kids). Last year several of us moms went out to the apple orchard, picked apples all day, and then the following weekend we all got out our PC apple peeler/corer/slicers and canned 34 quarts of apple sauce and apple butter (yes, a full day event). I wish there was a way to do this on a smaller level and utilize more of the PC tools. Any ideas of apple stuff? I thought of even calling the event "An Apple a Day..." and having an idea list of things to do each day of the month (with apples) leading up to Thanksgiving holidays. I dunno. I'm still thinking.

Thank you all for sharing your ideas! It helps us newbies out tremendously!

Last edited:
pampermemelody said:
I had a "cooking with kids" (with the Mom, I'm bored undertones on the invite! great idea!) We had 12-15 kids (only about 7 Moms) 3 stations. We made 1. Tic Tac Toe pizza 2. Raspberry summer sippers and 3. the ice cream sundae from the kid's cookbook. There would be about 5 kids at each station with 2 moms helping. They had a blast and I booked a cwk show with EVERY Mom! Then I spoke about it and how fun it was at my next two shows and booked 3 more! The sales are slightly lower just because there are less checkbooks present (40 moms would be awesome...but that would be 100 kids! Messssssy!) However, this tapped into a whole new market for me and really upped my bookings. From the bookings, I have booked more regular shows and cwk shows! I was at a booking standstill and this has gotten me a whole new crowd! I also downloaded some quizzes and worksheets about food safety and gave out prize baggies with food stickers and one creative cutter to those who knew the answers. I also found some cheap kids aprons and gave each child one. They really had fun and scouts can earn the cooking merit badge. Feel free to email me with any questions!!
Melody Wilson

(208) 322-6631
(208) 412-4495
[email protected]

are you part of a kids playgroup or something? just curious as to where you found the kids that you invited. did you know them or did you just advertise to strangers? TIA

1. How many people can I invite to the open house?

There is no set limit for the number of people you can invite to the open house. We recommend inviting at least 10-15 guests to ensure a fun and lively atmosphere.

2. Can I choose the menu for the event?

Yes, as the host, you can choose the menu for the open house. We have a variety of kid-friendly and mom-approved recipes to choose from. We also offer vegetarian and allergy-friendly options.

3. What activities will be available for the kids?

We have a range of fun and interactive activities planned for the kids, such as cookie decorating, cupcake decorating, and kitchen-themed games. We also provide coloring sheets and crayons for younger children.

4. Is there a minimum purchase requirement for hosting an open house?

No, there is no minimum purchase requirement for hosting an open house. However, we do ask that you and your guests are open to learning about our products and possibly making a purchase.

5. Can I earn free products by hosting an open house?

Yes, as a host, you can earn free products based on the total sales from your open house. The more sales, the more free products you can earn. Our consultants will provide more information on our host rewards program during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hlynn424
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies