• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Bookings Like in January?

In summary, the participants in this conversation have a varying number of bookings for January, with some having 4 or more cooking shows and others struggling to find time to book more. There is discussion about past incentives and current goals, with some mentioning a national booking blitz and others planning to work on their own. One participant is pregnant and has two catalog shows booked, while another is on vacation and aiming for at least 4 shows. There is also mention of an upcoming holiday and well wishes for the new year.
ChefKelebel
Just a thread to ask..."how many bookings do you have for January?"

mine so far...4 cooking shows. :chef:

3 cooking so far. Will be working my leads next week. I have some who have said to contact them after the holidays. I'm taking it easy with PC this week and will work the contacts next week. I want 8 held so am aiming for 10. Got A LOT of calls to make to get there.

4 cooking and 1 catalog - hoping to get a couple more!

10 cooking and 3 catalog -- I'd like to try to get at least 1 or 2 more on the books to start the year strong! :)

4 cooking.

9 cooking and 1 catalog.

I love that every past year there has been an incentive to have shows in the first week or two of January...and I could never get it to happen. So, this year, when there is no early show incentive, I have one on the 4th, the 6th, and the 8th.

Figures! :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
9 cooking and 1 catalog.

I love that every past year there has been an incentive to have shows in the first week or two of January...and I could never get it to happen. So, this year, when there is no early show incentive, I have one on the 4th, the 6th, and the 8th.

Figures! :rolleyes:

I was counting on them having some incentive for 2 by the 15th like years past. I offered an extra 1/2 price item to get people to book early and close by the 15th. I will not be pressuring my host on the 13th (earliest I have) to get it closed by the 15th now, except it would be nice to have something in a Jan. paycheck. I guess our early incentive is a nice paycheck on the 22nd. :)

6 cooking and 2 catty's. I'd like to get 2 more cooking ones.

Two catalog shows on the calendar for me. Considering I'm seven months pregnant. I think it's pretty good star!z

Becca_in_MD said:
I was counting on them having some incentive for 2 by the 15th like years past. I offered an extra 1/2 price item to get people to book early and close by the 15th. I will not be pressuring my host on the 13th (earliest I have) to get it closed by the 15th now, except it would be nice to have something in a Jan. paycheck. I guess our early incentive is a nice paycheck on the 22nd. :)

Yes, and the earlier the shows are in January - the earlier in the month they'll have bookings in February!

14 shows on the calendar...so far...! Had 16, but 2 backed out on me already!

Nada... and I am having trouble finding the time to get on the phone to book any. I was counting on the booking blitz we were supposed to have at our cluster meeting on Thursday, but we didn't end up doing it.

Our cluster was encouraged to participate in the national booking blitz on the 16-18th. I have two cooking Shows and one Wedding Shower; one to call back this week and several to call back the first week in January. I'm going to concentrate on getting other bookings next week letting them know about the Hosts Get the Most January Specials.

You all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

7 Cooking- confident 6 of those will hold. I will get 2-3 more on my calendar!

6 cooking and 2 catalog. I have a few more to book.

two cooking shows so far. Finding it hard to get more :(

1, just one. I can't believe it... I want at least 4 (since I'm on vacation until the 11th). Getting on the phone on Monday the 27th. I have the day off from my full time job so I will work my PC job.

Krista Burson said:
1, just one. I can't believe it... I want at least 4 (since I'm on vacation until the 11th). Getting on the phone on Monday the 27th. I have the day off from my full time job so I will work my PC job.

I have one solid one booked so far too!! I stuggled to find the time to call in the past week or so....but I too have off on the 27th and I'll be having my own booking blitz!! I LOVE the consultant incentive for January and I want that mini catalog purse!!! Not to mention the PC Dollars!!! Good luck to you =) Hopefully everyone will still be merry and bright on the 27th and we'll have so many shows we won't know what to do

And my goal is 4 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows.....

I have 2. Everyone who 'may be' interested said to contact them after the holidays. So I'm going to be calling people next week.

I'm hoping for 6 shows

Wow! Congrats for all those bookings! I have a big ZERO on my January calendar :( Can't get anyone to commit... I have two gals I'm really gonna push for January but I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get the 2 shows. Usually I'm on vacation in January, maybe that has something to do with it...?

I have 7 cooking shows dated, two more possible. One of those might be a catalog show, though. I'm thrilled with the way my January is booked so far!! I'd like to get 3 more on the calendar in case of cancellations, weather, etc.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the host promo for January! This has made it SO EASY for me to get shows on my calendar!!

I have nothing booked so far. Those "interested" are not willing to put in a date or the old stand by "I need to ask my friends" - UGH!! Why do people want to ask their friends as if their calendars depend on their friends.

I have 8 and I'm pretty content with that - although I have a couple potentials as well. I'd like to ease them into February since that's when we earn the double points!!

Pamperedva said:
I have nothing booked so far. Those "interested" are not willing to put in a date or the old stand by "I need to ask my friends" - UGH!! Why do people want to ask their friends as if their calendars depend on their friends.

I'm with you - UGH!!

I love the host special too and have been talking it up for months before it was even announced, PChef always does the BEST host specials in January, but alas... no takers.

I always try to tell my hosts that it only matters what date works for you! I just had two parties (one Nov, one Dec) where the host booked around her friends and was regretting it later. What's the saying, Rae? Bless and release... In this biz you learn to take the good with the bad, in October I finally got paid as a TL, November I broke my own sales record, now December I'm on vacation from the 11th - 29th but managed to submit $1500 (by far a vacation month record!) Guess I should be ok with a lame January :)

2 cooking, I'm wanting to really build the first of January cause I'm due the 5th of February so it's possible that I'll have this baby at the end of January.

Seven cooking shows....a record for me for January.

3 cooking shows but two are very late 28th and 29th. Both have agreed to close on 31st though! Well one has but the other is family and I'm sure she will once I ask!;) I have one on the 4th that I think will be great. It was a booth contact from May that called me with a date set and ready to go for her party! I offer a 2nd prepared recipe for 12 or more confirmed guests and she already said she should have at least that! She's definitely someone I'm going to try and recruit as she contacted me so well and I know she works 2 jobs! Am thinking of offering oppurtunity ahead of show if I could get her to sign in December it would benefit us both and she'd have all those extra days to earn and qualify and the show could be her grand opening! Maybe I'll send her an email with recruiting type information to get her head in it before I make next host coaching call! I think I will because then I'll have 2 December recruits and get lots of extra points towards 2011 trip! Well I better go work on that email now! :) Oh wait I do want to get some more January shows especially if she's receptive! I'd like to do 3 more cooking and a catty or two to get me going strong then go to my 3-4 for the rest of the year besides SAT months.

I've only got one scheduled and it's on the 29th but I'm hoping to make a few calls next week after Christmas and see about booking a few more. Maybe offer something like a "Soup & Sweater" show with Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. Hopefully I'll come out with at least four...possibly more.

Merry Christmas What is a Soup and Sweater Show is it like a Soup and Slipper Show?
I have 4 confirmed and 2 more that I hope will confirm this week.

kchef said:
Merry Christmas What is a Soup and Sweater Show is it like a Soup and Slipper Show?
I have 4 confirmed and 2 more that I hope will confirm this week.

I guess it's similar. I had just thought that since it was cooler weather (even here in MS) that we could have everyone wear a comfy sweater and enjoy the soup.

12 Cooking Shows Yea!!!!!!

6 cooking but working for 4 more

I have 1 definate, and another almost there then the 2 I have to call this week. So I am hoping that all 4 really come thru!!! Congrats to all of you who have over 10 shows scheduled. May I ask you people who have 10 or more is PC your full time job?

I have one booked and 2 people to follow up with about booking...I have been on vacation for the last week and left things alone

None. Or actually a possible two. But the one person is in Germany right now so hopefully when he comes back he'll still want to do the show. The other is a friend of mine and I don't know if she still wants to do the show this month or now. Hopefully so. I have people who said to call after the holidays. I need to get on the phone. I think these people were leaning more towards February though.

I had three cooking shows booked, but one has turned into a catty show, 1 might reschedule, and the third, I am still waiting on the guest list :(. Need to get working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 cooking shows, 1 catalog show - January
9 cooking shows so far for February

Gonna fill up February as much as I can as Spring Launch in Phoenix is on Saturday 2/12 and that takes up a Friday/Saturday/Sunday for me.

ChefCKHall said:

Gonna fill up February as much as I can as Spring Launch in Phoenix is on Saturday 2/12 and that takes up a Friday/Saturday/Sunday for me.

CK....you are a MACHINE!!!:thumbup:

ChefCKHall said:

Chef CK!!! you rock! You are totally an inspiration!!!! I want to be like you! hehe! I work full time, but I really want to work on doing more cooking shows! I pretty much do 1 to 4/month right now, but I want to earn the trips this year and want to do a min of 6/month for 2011! Thanks for inspiring us all to go for the gold!

I had nothing on my calendar until yesterday and so far now I have 3 for January and 4 for Feb.

I have 9 so far would really like to get a few more so I need to work on that
5 for Feb also want more in Feb double points help sooooooo much !!!

I will have to come up with a great incentive to give at my January shows for getting Bookings for February

I have 2 January shows guests lists. Yeah! 2 more that need to get me their guest list & choose a date.

You guys are so sweet! You can do it too! I worked full-time all last year, homeschooled a 13-year-old, ran a house, and averaged 2-3 shows a week! You can do it if you want to!

My goal, however, was to be full-time PC by January! What are your goals and what do you want to do?

A normal parttime job is 20 hours a week. I number each show at 4 hours x 5 shows a week is 20 hours a week. That is my goal. (I have never hit 5 shows a week BUT it is still my goal! LOL)

Love and hugs, CK

I had 9 cooking shows at the start of the month for January and now that number is 5. I am really working on replacing the moved shows. This year, I have big goals. I earned Maui for 2011 and I would like to earn an even higher level trip for 2012!

CK, I want to be like you when I grow up! Seriously. How did you manage working full-time and all the other things in your life? When did you do shows? Times/Days?

I am soon to be a mother of two under the age of 3 and work FT. I have goals but am having difficulty meeting them.

You are truly an inspiration and I appreciate all your advice.

Priscilla

priseortega said:
CK, I want to be like you when I grow up! Seriously. How did you manage working full-time and all the other things in your life? When did you do shows? Times/Days?

I am soon to be a mother of two under the age of 3 and work FT. I have goals but am having difficulty meeting them.

You are truly an inspiration and I appreciate all your advice.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla! My schedule was 6:30 Friday night, 12:00 Saturday and 6:30 Saturday, 2:00 Sunday afternoon. My husband was such a blessing and took care of my son and his needs during that time. I just view Friday night as a work night. Saturday, I would have time to come home and spend with them between shows. Sunday, we had time to go to church and have breakfast together and I would be home by 5-6:00 Sunday night for dinner/movie night.

It may be different with littler ones though. When I was in real estate and Luke was a baby, I took him with me everywhere. So many people willing to help with babies! Gave up real estate when he was 2.

When I realized I only wanted to do Pampered Chef, we set our goals and paid off our debt with the extra money PC brought in. We are debt free other than house payment now. We drive humble cars and live on a strict budget but I am now free to work my business only!

Folks may giggle at my humble PC Hyundai Accent but I am living the high life without a $600 car payment every month!

I am more than happy to share so if anyone has questions...fire away!

ChefCKHall said:
Folks may giggle at my humble PC Hyundai Accent but I am living the high life without a $600 car payment every month!

You are doing what SMART people do...not having a car loan! I am on my way to being debt free and it's such a nice feeling.

1. How many bookings do you currently have for January?

As of now, we have a total of 4 cooking shows booked for January. We are still working to secure additional bookings, so this number may increase.

2. Are there any specific dates or times available for booking in January?

Yes, we have several dates and times available for booking in January. We are happy to work with you to find a date and time that works best for you and your guests.

3. Can I book multiple cooking shows in January?

Absolutely! We encourage our hosts to book multiple cooking shows in January to take advantage of the new year and all the potential customers looking to start the year off with healthy and delicious meals.

4. How far in advance do I need to book a cooking show for January?

We recommend booking at least 2-3 weeks in advance to secure your preferred date and time. That being said, we are always happy to accommodate last-minute bookings if we have availability.

5. Can I choose a specific theme or menu for my January cooking show?

Yes, you can definitely choose a specific theme or menu for your cooking show in January. Our consultants have a variety of options available and can work with you to create a customized experience for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Kattipppe
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pcheframsey