• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Are You Getting January Bookings From Cold-Calls/Emails?

In summary, the person is looking for bookings for January and is considering strategies such as calling everyone they have done business with in the past year, hosting a show, and spinning every conversation they have to mention they are a PC consultant.
esavvymom
Staff member
I haven't had any shows other than catalog shows, so I haven't had the ability to get bookings that way. How are you getting January bookings?

I'm going to have to pick up that 500-lb telephone I guess, but what do you say? Everyone is busy (including me!) with Christmas coming up, so what are you saying to get past that 'road block'.

If you are using email, what are you doing/saying that is working?

I plan on being right there with you, using my 500 lb phone! Though lately it feels heavier!I was just going to call EVERY customer that I've done business with this past year, tell them about the hostess special, make it sound exclusive so they will want to book, and see what happens.I only have 3 bookings so far, all from shows, but need to at least quadruple that!Also, I'm just going to try to spin every conversation I have with strangers all day to at least mention that I'm a PC consultant and see where it gets me.And would you be able to get contact info from your catalog show hosts so you can follow-up and send thank you's? Then you can say, "you saw how it easy it was for Suzy to earn $x in free product by handing out some catalogs... want to give it a try?" Something like that.

It's a very good idea to call every customer that you have done busines with in the past year...but what if the customer was a 1-time only customer a year ago and you haven't heard from then since?? I have plently like this that are on my mailing list and have been for the past year, but I have never a thing from them since. They receive my emails every month but I never hear any feedback from them. I feel like I am just wasting my time. What do you do???

Call them! Do a customer care call - make sure they're happy with the product they ordered, see if they'd like a recipe relating to the product, and ask if they'd like to earn more free products in January by hosting their own show.

I too have a 500 pound phone that I will need to become aquainted with soon! Not sure if I have any such secret that I can share yet. Will let you know once I get a chance to get on the darn thing!

You could host a show at your house, and tell your neighbors, friends, family, etc...that "after" x-mas, and "after" New Year's, to come to your PC "after" party! LOL...

This may be a little evil, but try reverse psychology. Call for a customer care call, and ask if they'd like to host a DECEMBER show. They'll say, Oh, not now...maybe after the holidays. At which point you say, Perfect, I'm also scheduling January now...which day works for you, Tuesday or Thursday? :D

I like it Kristen. I am doing a call blitz tonight...I only have 4 january shows on the books and Disney needs some double points action!!!! I am calling EVERYONE...Even people that purchased from a catalog show 3 years ago!...Why not...just do it and SEE....

ughubug said:
I like it Kristen. I am doing a call blitz tonight...I only have 4 january shows on the books and Disney needs some double points action!!!! I am calling EVERYONE...Even people that purchased from a catalog show 3 years ago!...Why not...just do it and SEE....

Let us know how it goes! Good luck!:thumbup:

Chefstover2 said:
This may be a little evil, but try reverse psychology. Call for a customer care call, and ask if they'd like to host a DECEMBER show. They'll say, Oh, not now...maybe after the holidays. At which point you say, Perfect, I'm also scheduling January now...which day works for you, Tuesday or Thursday? :D

But I like evil :D. It's a great idea!

twinkie10 said:
Let us know how it goes! Good luck!:thumbup:

I called 45 people from 7 to 8:30 spoke to 14 people and got 3 catalog shows for January!

I wanted kitchen shows but I will take catalog parties just the same its all about host coaching which I am dedicated to in the new year :)

I am continuing for some day time leads tomorrow and my recruit wants to call Thursday night too...

Pick up that 500lb phone! :)

Anyone will willing to share the call script they are using? What is everyone saying to get the bookings? I love the reverse psychology technique!!!

Also, what recipe is everyone doing at their shows for January?

I was thinking about the Customer Care call angle. It at least will be MENTALLY easier for me to pick up the phone for that reason, than to ask them for something in return. I like the suggestion of asking if they would want to earn more FREE products. In this market right now, who WOULDN't! I was thinking of asking something like "Would you like to go through our catalog and spend $300 in FREE product? Could you do that?" And then go from there....not sure.

I do have a couple of people who expressed interest in hosting- so I'll be sure to include them...I may not start with them- since my mouth and brain don't work together too well when I'm nervous....I'll call them further into my list when I've had a chance to warm up *hehe*. Or should I call them FIRST to boost my confidence! (two of them are other direct sales people...one LOVES to earn free products- that's why she changes from DS company to DS company and she used to sell PC years ago, so she'll know the advantage of January with PC, the other has a food-business so PC works naturally with her line of sales for her to cook and mix and prepare her products. Ok..I'm talking myself into this. :)

Maybe we should start some sort of call-challenge for ourselves here??
A "24 bookings in 24 hrs" kind of thing?
*really, I just want to go run and hide under my bed!! My stomach is already getting into knots. :cry:

My director/cluster said "no one has to know you are shy". I said "But I DO!". She said "pretend you're not." Yeah right! "Easier said than done!"

I'd love to see someone's 'script' also. If I have an outline that sounds natural, I can go with it. the "C.H.E.F" model just doesn't 'feel' right to me...but, I'll never know till I try. I'd be one of those that just does the "CH" part *hehe*. Ok...so I have to run to Walmart before we run out of T.P and other essentials, and then I'll come home and make my list of who I have to call.

You guys are inspiring me! I think I'll be getting the phone book out soon as well. It's kind of frightening, but it's something I gotta do. In the long run it will pay off.

I actually just sent out 4 emails this morning...and I got one show booking from it. Which I think is pretty good for only sending out 4 emails! I just contacted them saying I wanted to wish them a merry christmas and see how their products were working out for them.

I then went on to tell them about the upcoming specials for Jan and offered to do a free cooking show for them, if they booked a Jan show. So after the hectic holiday time, they could relax and hang out with friends at their Jan show!

What is the best way to approach potential customers through cold-calls or emails for January bookings?

The best way to approach potential customers for January bookings is to have a clear and concise message about the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party in January. Let them know about any special promotions or deals that are available for hosting a party during this time. Be sure to also emphasize the convenience and fun of hosting a virtual party in the current climate.

How can I make my cold-calls or emails stand out and grab the attention of potential customers for January bookings?

To make your cold-calls or emails stand out, it is important to personalize your message and show genuine interest in the potential customer. Use their name and mention any previous interactions or connections you may have. Additionally, offering a special incentive or exclusive deal can help grab their attention and make them more likely to book a party with you.

What type of language should I use when reaching out to potential customers for January bookings?

The language you use should be friendly, enthusiastic, and upbeat. Avoid using pushy or sales-y language, as this can turn potential customers off. Instead, focus on highlighting the benefits and value of hosting a Pampered Chef party in January. Use positive language and be genuine and authentic in your approach.

How can I follow up with potential customers who have not responded to my initial cold-calls or emails about January bookings?

If a potential customer has not responded to your initial outreach, it is important to follow up in a timely and professional manner. You can send a friendly reminder email or make a quick phone call to check in and see if they have any questions or are interested in hosting a party. Be persistent, but also respectful of their time and decision-making process.

What are some effective strategies for converting cold-calls or emails into January bookings?

One effective strategy for converting cold-calls or emails into January bookings is to offer a time-sensitive incentive or promotion. This can create a sense of urgency and encourage potential customers to book a party with you. Additionally, providing excellent customer service and staying in touch with potential customers can also help to build trust and increase the likelihood of them booking a party with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • PChefPEI