• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Method Behind the Merrill Tote?

I prefer the catalog tote also. I take it everywhere. But I am thinking about the ribbon tote for taking it somewhere dressier.
cookinthehouse
Silver Member
Ok... so I ordered the Method Tote from Merrill.... it is a lot bigger than the pictures shows it. I was not exactly sure what it was thought more of a purse descriptions just said... there is a method to this tote. Well I have had it for one day and i am still trying to figure out the method...

Anyone else have one of these.... how do you use it.... do you like it? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

I ordered it thinkin I could use it more of a daily purse but did not like the shape of it so I never used it and will give it to my downline as gifts. I much prefer the Merrill Ribbon tote as a functional everyday bag! ;)

you cannot order those anymore... they are still listed on there but not able to purchase.... hmmmm

cookinthehouse said:
you cannot order those anymore... they are still listed on there but not able to purchase.... hmmmm
I heard that there was a quality issue with them. I ordered mine from VIP and it is a much better built bag than what Merril has. I saw the Merril bag at conference and it is made of thinner and chaeper materials - I did get the extra set of colored ribbons from them though.

pamperedlinda said:
I heard that there was a quality issue with them. I ordered mine from VIP and it is a much better built bag than what Merril has. I saw the Merril bag at conference and it is made of thinner and chaeper materials - I did get the extra set of colored ribbons from them though.
Oops, I meant VIP is where I got mine and that Merrill carried them now (or did) at least. HOpefully they bring it back and it's as durable as the one's from VIP! I love my ribbon tote!:thumbup:

I also use my Ribbon Tote as my everyday purse. It gets attention!

I want it!!! lol

The method tote was more the shape of a breif case to me and not functional for every day wear. JMO

You might go to the marketplace & put a post for ISO b/c I know I have seen them on here for sale before.

Merrill's website says the ribbon tote should be available in February. I had finally made up my mind to purchase it and they didn't have it available. I emailed them at that time and they told me that they were having manufacturing issues (think of the julienne peeler).

By the way, I am using the tote from conference last year to lug around my catalogs, door prizes, flip top chart, etc. I wouldn't use it for every day use but it's good for that kind of stuff. I used to work for a promotional products company (like the kind of totes and pens we get with the logo on them) so I know that normal totes are your larger kind of totes that I would never use myself.

I prefer the catalog toteAlthough it isn't very attractive (like the ribbon tote), I think the catalog tote is a better business bag. If I want to give someone the catalog (I only carry one), I do. But if I think it isn't a genuine interest, I'll give out the mini or if I don't have one of those, I ask for their information. Funny thing about taking that information-you REALLY need to follow up. I just got an outside order from a show from someone I met at WalMart a year or so ago!

What does ISO mean?

I prefer the catalog tote also

I take it everywhere

But I am thinking about the ribbon tote for taking it somewhere dressier

:chef:

I have both. I carried the catalog tote bag for a long time, but then the plastic started to rip and I needed to replace it and decided to go witht he Ribbon tote (I got it at conference). Of course my first one ripped at the zipper so they sent me a new one. That one ripped too. My girlfriend is a seamstress and she fixed it for me (for FREE) and now NO PROBLEMS!! I really like this purse, but have no complaints about the catalog bag.

Although, I don't put catalogs in the cover. I have a laminated sign that says, "Ask me about The Pampered Chef." I used to get A TON of comments about that! I find that unless you are familiar with the catalog it is kinda hard to see what it is when someone is walking around with it.

i have one up for grabs---
red
pink
white ribbons
5 shipping usa

Chef Kearns said:
I have both. I carried the catalog tote bag for a long time, but then the plastic started to rip and I needed to replace it and decided to go witht he Ribbon tote (I got it at conference). Of course my first one ripped at the zipper so they sent me a new one. That one ripped too. My girlfriend is a seamstress and she fixed it for me (for FREE) and now NO PROBLEMS!! I really like this purse, but have no complaints about the catalog bag.

Although, I don't put catalogs in the cover. I have a laminated sign that says, "Ask me about The Pampered Chef." I used to get A TON of comments about that! I find that unless you are familiar with the catalog it is kinda hard to see what it is when someone is walking around with it.

Could you post this???

I would like to keep something so-called permanent (sp??) in there

:chef:

I'm not sure if I will be able to post it. We got a sign in our bag from National Conference ('05?). I've just been copying it everytime I needed a new one. It's very easy though. On an 8.5" x 11" sheet vertically center the words and make them large enough to be read in a cutesy font..."Ask me about The Pampered Chef"

i carry the catalog bag too, i was just looking for something different and like you said.. unless someone is familar with the catalog it is hard to read. I've carried the method tote this weekend. To hard to lug around does not sit well on shoulder or wriste to carry. Especially when you have to carry a diaperbag around. You remember the black and white 25th anniversary shoulder bag... i use that as my diaper bag. so usually i carry that, the catalog bag and a purse. So i was trying to simplify my load...lol. I may wait for the ribbon tote to come out in feb i really like the looks of that.
thanks for all your tips and help! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Chef Kearns said:

I thought about changing mine out every month with the next host special. Like when the cookware was on sale having a big picture of the cookware with 60% off! I haven't had a chance to do this yet though.

I do like the catalog tote, it goes with me every where.

I too have the Brown Method Merrill Tote- I hate it and have never used it. It just doesn't "fit" me. Anyone interested in it? Let me know.

Related to What's the Method Behind the Merrill Tote?

What is the Method Behind the Merrill Tote?

The Method Behind the Merrill Tote is a unique approach to organization and convenience. It was designed to simplify your daily routine and make your life easier.

How does the Method Behind the Merrill Tote work?

The Method Behind the Merrill Tote features multiple pockets and compartments to help you keep your items organized and easily accessible. It also has interchangeable straps and handles for added versatility.

Is the Method Behind the Merrill Tote suitable for everyday use?

Yes, the Method Behind the Merrill Tote is perfect for everyday use. It is durable, spacious, and has a stylish design that can easily transition from work to leisure activities.

Can the Method Behind the Merrill Tote be used for travel?

Absolutely! The Method Behind the Merrill Tote is great for travel. Its various pockets and compartments make it easy to pack and access your essentials while on the go.

In what colors and materials is the Method Behind the Merrill Tote available?

The Method Behind the Merrill Tote is available in a variety of colors and materials, including canvas, leather, and vegan leather. The color options may vary depending on availability, so please check our website for the most up-to-date selection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heat123
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
veden
Replies