• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu for Dinner Tonight?

..but I have a feeling that will be about it. We have been having catfish every Sunday for a few years now, and we just don't want to go to all the trouble of making it every week if we don't have to. So, I guess we'll go back to just eating fish once in awhile. :) Anyway, we have been having it this way for quite a while (I think three years now), and it's still great!It is actually even
rennea
Gold Member
It's the last day of May!!!!

Today we are having pasta of some sort I think:chef:

It's going to be an early din-din cause I'm closing up the biz tonight. Training the newbies on closing up so I'll go in from 4:30-12:30am.

Could eat at work but probably won't have time:rolleyes:

Anybody have any good pasta sauce recipes out there??

Sorry, so sauce recipe here except for "open jar." :DShow tonight, so no dinner.

Angel hair pasta with turkey picatta. Cooks quick...
Turkey breast cutlets seasoned with PC Citrus/Basil mix. Briefly sauteed in Exec skillet with olive oil, garlic and a tiny bit of butter. Finished with a squeeze of lemon juice. Our homegrown lemons are fully ripe and very mild right now. Otherwise I'd go very easy with fresh lemon. Add a few capers (jar lasts forever in fridge). Serve over pastaGreen salad alongside.Might make a pineapple cake later today, friend gave me a new recipe that makes a coarse textured 'lunchbox snack' type of cake. Will share recipe if it turns out good for me :)

Going to a wedding. They're having the wedding in a friend's backyard and doing a barbecue for dinner. YUM!

We had pasta for lunch.

Mushroom, butter, stilton cheese, creme fraiche and tagliatelle.

We are having pork and beans.....but it is not what y'all are thinking!

I simmer all day the following..pinto beans (that have been pre-soaked) just covered with water, a bottle of Goya Pico De Gallo, a bottle of Goya Recaito, a small can of tomato sauce, some Goya Sazon seasoning, a pound of bacon that I have cooked and cut into bite size pieces and some of the bacon grease.

Later on today, I will add a pork tenderloin that I have sliced into medallions. We eat it over white rice or just on its own.....yummy!!

erinyourpclady said:
We are having pork and beans.....but it is not what y'all are thinking!

I simmer all day the following..pinto beans (that have been pre-soaked) just covered with water, a bottle of Goya Pico De Gallo, a bottle of Goya Recaito, a small can of tomato sauce, some Goya Sazon seasoning, a pound of bacon that I have cooked and cut into bite size pieces and some of the bacon grease.

Later on today, I will add a pork tenderloin that I have sliced into medallions. We eat it over white rice or just on its own.....yummy!!

WOW! That sounds so good! I bet the leftovers are good on tortillas!

We are having.....are you ready for this?.........

We are having:

Amy's Organic Frozen Pizza - a Spinach Pizza (for DS - it's his favorite) and a Margherita Pizza. With Sprechers Rootbeer Floats!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
WOW! That sounds so good! I bet the leftovers are good on tortillas!

It is actually even better a few days down the road. We have it tonight fresh...and in 2-3 nights again! Depending on how hungry we are it can be three meals as it freezes VERY well!

Yeah...it rocks the tortilla!

I am making veggie pizza for me and the little ones since Dh is going out with the guys for a happy hour/going away party and older DS is going out with friends.

ChefBeckyD said:
Amy's Organic Frozen Pizza - a Spinach Pizza (for DS - it's his favorite) and a Margherita Pizza. With Sprechers Rootbeer Floats!:D
mmm... pizza and floats. YUM!! I've got some Sprecher in the basement. Should pull some up for floats and things.

I'm ashamed to say that once again for the 5th time I'm actually thinking of making the omelet thingy that I have yet to make yet! :) However it is quite warm out, and I may just be grilling something. Who knows...

What is Sprecher?

It's a microbrewery in Glendale, WI (just outside the city limits of Milwaukee). They make a FANTASTIC root beer, sweetened with honey and cane sugar instead of corn syrup. It's sooooooo good. There are a few outlets where you can find it outside WI - Costco sometimes carries the root beer. They also have a kickin' orange soda (tastes like melted creamsicles) and a cream soda that's like sucking on a vanilla bean. Their beers are really good, too. (My sister interned there in college, and lives only a few miles from the brewery, so every time we visit, we bring a case back with us.)

yummmmm, I love orange soda and rootbeer. We just use good ol A&W for our rootbeer floats :) We go to Sams CLub b/c the we don't have a Costco close to us.

oh, forgot to ask, can you buy it online?

We are having fresh caught catfish, caught this morning at 7:00am by my DH and me...has a great time. With all the trimmings, homemade hushpuppies, baked beans, ect.... with plenty left over for tonight and tomorrow night..... yeah.

chefann said:
It's a microbrewery in Glendale, WI (just outside the city limits of Milwaukee). They make a FANTASTIC root beer, sweetened with honey and cane sugar instead of corn syrup. It's sooooooo good. There are a few outlets where you can find it outside WI - Costco sometimes carries the root beer. They also have a kickin' orange soda (tastes like melted creamsicles) and a cream soda that's like sucking on a vanilla bean. Their beers are really good, too. (My sister interned there in college, and lives only a few miles from the brewery, so every time we visit, we bring a case back with us.)

They also carry it at Menard's - of all places!:rolleyes: We have been to 3 different Menard's Stores in our area, and they all have it! We get the Root Beer at Costco - but the Orange Soda (ohhh, it's soooo yummy!) and Cream Soda at Menards!:D

It looks a little funny though - going through check out with shingles, nails, and a couple 4 packs of soda.:p

They sell it at our Menard's too! I love MUG rootbeer! :)

What is Menards? We have Krogers and Biggs here in the "Nati"

Menards is a Home Improvement Store - Like Home Depot or Lowes.

Menard's is a home improvement store- they were the first big HI stores long before Home Depot and Lowe's came onto the scene... You might be able to find them online.

We have Lowes and Home Depot, I am going to try and find this soda online, I am very curious about this rootbeer and oragne soda now.. I am on a mission :)

DS sings the jingle for Menards ALL the time..."Save Big Money At Menards...", and when we pass any very large building - including the mega-mall near us - he gets all excited and asks if we are going there to save big money at Menards.

I guess you can probably figure out where we spend a lot of Friday nights.:rolleyes:

merego said:
We have Lowes and Home Depot, I am going to try and find this soda online, I am very curious about this rootbeer and oragne soda now.. I am on a mission :)

Here you go - do a search in your area!

http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/find.php

ChefBeckyD said:

ooohhhh, thanks :) searching now :)

ohhhh, Mt. Washington Ice & Beer which is 10 minutes from my house and it this little place that is an outside place sells it according to the website. I used to ride my bike with my friends to Mt. Washington Beer and Ice when I was a kids and we'd buy our Charlie Angels trading cards and buy candy and sodas. I am going to call them and see if they really do have it~ yum, I sure hope so!!!

It sounds weird, but Sprecher has a new beer (that might be a limited edition), that's flavored with pizza seasonings - oregano, garlic, basil, etc. It's REALLY good! Much better than the strawberry beer from last summer (ick! It tasted like Kool-Aid made with beer instead of water). Anyhoo, the pizza beer would be great with pizza, pasta or salad. You do have to drink the beer fairly soon after purchasing, as it's not processed as much as mass-market beers, so it will go skunky after a while.

chefann said:
It sounds weird, but Sprecher has a new beer (that might be a limited edition), that's flavored with pizza seasonings - oregano, garlic, basil, etc. It's REALLY good! Much better than the strawberry beer from last summer (ick! It tasted like Kool-Aid made with beer instead of water). Anyhoo, the pizza beer would be great with pizza, pasta or salad.

You do have to drink the beer fairly soon after purchasing, as it's not processed as much as mass-market beers, so it will go skunky after a while.

Double ICK! I don't like kool-aid to begin with, and then to make it with beer instead?.....:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

back on topic-we are having BBQ pork sandwiches with the leftover pork tenderloin from the other night.

chefmeg said:
back on topic-we are having BBQ pork sandwiches with the leftover pork tenderloin from the other night.
That sounds good! :) Can I come over?

I am NOT in the mood to cook- and to boot I just took hamburger out of the freezer... I swear I should just NOT plan to make the omlet and if I do- great! This way I won't feel like I'm dissing this poor recipe because I've been trying to make it all week but just keep changing my mind.

I think I'm going to make cheese and bacon stuffed burgers...

actually, now DH is cooking his own BBQ sandwich! I have decided to go to church with my Mom tonight and both kids are asleep in the living room, so I am sneaking out in a minute...I just shared dinner plans with him and he said "I can do that!"

ChefBeckyD said:

Since y'all won't quit talking about it..I had to find out if I could get some! LOL!! They have it in Holland so I will ask DS to get some for me before he comes down! 3 more weeks until our family is all together again!!

erinyourpclady said:
Since y'all won't quit talking about it..I had to find out if I could get some! LOL!! They have it in Holland so I will ask DS to get some for me before he comes down! 3 more weeks until our family is all together again!!

He could get it right at the Menards in Holland - we got some there just last week!;)

I did find it and took a ride down to Mt. Washington Beer and Wine and picked some up, so I am going to have a orange soda with my veggie pizza and make rootbeer floats for dessert~ yum yum :)

merego said:
I did find it and took a ride down to Mt. Washington Beer and Wine and picked some up, so I am going to have a orange soda with my veggie pizza and make rootbeer floats for dessert~ yum yum :)

That is a perfect meal! (It's what we are having too - except we are out of Orange Soda - so just Root Beer.)

You are going to LOVE the Orange Dream......oh, so good!

Right now I am still unsure of what to do for dinner. I am thinking of making one of the power cooking meals and freezing the others.

DH is grilling steaks and we're having sweet potatoes and broccoli for sides. Dessert is mint chocolate chip ice cream from Turkey Hill (local) - the best min chocolate chip ice cream EVER!! ;)

Hey, I was just at Menards about 1/2 hour ago. ;)
I didn't get Sprecher though...we have it in the grocery store here too, but of course I live in Wisconsin! :)I think we're having burgers on the grill (again) - it's about once a week lately, but hey, cheap, easy and with grass fed cow meat, it's REALLY good.

cathyskitchen said:
DH is grilling steaks and we're having sweet potatoes and broccoli for sides. Dessert is mint chocolate chip ice cream from Turkey Hill (local) - the best min chocolate chip ice cream EVER!! ;)

Have you ever heard of Graeter's ice cream? They have the most divine mint choc chip, you can order online, but Graeters is a cincy/family based company. It is DH fav and he just sold a house with another realtor who is part of that family and she was so thankful to get the house sold, she promised him tons of free ice cream, can't beat that!!! I eat weight watchers mint choc chip and it is so not the same :( darn diet

DH BarBQed hot dogs for supper :yuck: because I had 2 shows today - so he wanted something quick and easy........I'll make spaghetti and garlic bread tomorrow (a REAL meal - lol)

Ok, so DH had burgers on the grill - Mom and I had the deluxe burger salad (no cheese) and the kids had hotdogs.

We ended up having cereal. It was funny because we all sat down together like we were going to have a feast and then ended up with lonely bowls in front of us! I just couldn't face spaghetti again.

Going grocery shopping tomorrow so I'm excited to get something different!

Related to What's on the Menu for Dinner Tonight?

1. What's on the menu for dinner tonight?

Tonight's dinner will be pasta with a homemade sauce.

2. Is there a specific type of pasta being served?

The type of pasta being served will depend on personal preference, but any type of pasta can be used with the sauce.

3. Why is dinner being served early?

Dinner is being served early because the person is closing up their business and needs to train new employees on closing procedures.

4. Will there be enough time to eat at work?

There may not be enough time to eat at work, so it's best to plan for dinner beforehand.

5. Does anyone have any good pasta sauce recipes?

I'm sure there are many great pasta sauce recipes out there! It's always fun to experiment and find new favorites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedbybarbara