• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner Tonight? Any Suggestions?

In summary, the conversation revolved around dinner plans for the evening. The participants discussed trying something different and looking through recipe books for ideas. One person mentioned having pork shoulder ribs, baked beans, and veggies for dinner, while another person was unsure about dinner due to their house being too hot and their allergies keeping them up at night. They also mentioned venting about their sister and their mother not speaking to them. Other dinner ideas included Asian cuisine, chicken artichoke dish, beef roulade, reuben sandwich, and beans and ham with sides. Some participants also shared what they had for lunch, such as taco lasagna and a peanut butter cup trifle, and mentioned that dinner would likely be leftovers from a previous night out.
rennea
Gold Member
Haven't decided yet, would like to try something different tonight.

Going to look through some PC recipe books and find something.:chef:

Will keep you updated...

Tonight we are having the pork shoulder ribs that we were supposed to have last night. We will have baked beans and some veggies with it.

I'll tell you after I whineI'm unsure about dinner right now and here is why-

We live in a modest 4 bedroom home built in the late 80's. It still has the original aluminum siding. I know aluminum doesn't get too hot, but I swear this house holds and attracts heat like you wouldn't believe.

It is normally 10-20 degrees warmer in the house than outside of the house, even on cool days. On cold days, it's 20 degrees colder IN the house than outside. What I'm trying to say that this house is a flipping OVEN in the summer.

I have not been able to go to bed at a normal hour for the past week or so. My allergies have been so bad at night that I'm not getting to bed until well after 4:00 a.m Which means I'm sleeping later in the day (which I HATE doing by the way)

My sister is beyond a freeze baby. She went to Mexico and froze the entire time (that should tell you just how cold she is)

So because of my lack of sleep I didn't get up until noon today. It was already 76 degrees in the house and almost every window was shut and the blinds and curtains on every window were drawn and pulled back! I'm like WHAT THE HECK?!?!?

Then, she turned on my oven to cook ONE CORN DOG! ONE!!!!!!! so now it's almost 80 in my house. I can't turn the A/C on because our poor system is as old as the house and it can't keep up in this humidity. So now me, my two dogs and my cat are suffering. My sister's happy because she doesn't have to walk around in her huge sweater today. And I'm ticked off!

I think after DH gets home from his bike ride with his buddies I'll see if he'll take me out for supper. I'm in the mood for Big Bowl (Asian Cuisine)

Thanks for letting me vent on why I can't cook anything tonight! :) I'd vent my issues with my sister to my mother, but she hasn't spoken to me since the first week of May. (she's upset that we went to SC and had the unmitigated gall to ask her to help support her daughter so we wouldn't have to deplete our savings since we already had to cash out a portion of DH's
401K just to support her and my niece) So because we took a trip after saying money was tight- she's upset with me.

Sorry for the hijack- I'll go and start my own venting thread (again):( :cry:

Have a little wine with that whine, trust me it helps!

And nothing wrong with whining. We all have to share and get stuff off our incredibly beautiful chests!

Dinner tonight.. I am thinking about making that chicken artichoke thing from cooking for 2. At least I think I am.

mmm... that sounds good, but I don't trust the broiler in my oven. I'm making a beef roulade from my slow-cooker cookbook. Which is weird, because it doesn't use the slow cooker. But it's beef with leeks and garlic. Yum!!

We have a Graduation Open House from 5-7 - we'll probably eat whatever they are serving there. Sure hope it's something decent.

I am making the reuben from the stoneware cookbook. DH loves Reubens.

Hang in there Kacey :)

Beans and Ham
Fried Potatoes
Corn Bread
Strawberry Gingerale Bundt Cake with Strawberries and whipped cream:chef:

I was brave & made the Power Cooking Easy Beef Stroganoff. It turned out really good but needs about 1/2 the amt of noodles & mushrooms. (I have lots of noodles left over, not much stroganoff:grumpy: )

AND, I made the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte for dessert. :D The only problem I had with that recipe is I couldn't find the Andes mints & used bite size York Peppermint patties. It was good but tasted better with the Andes when I had it last.:rolleyes:

Lunch was at camp since I was teaching all day - Taco Lasagna...and I had made a peanut butter cup trifle this a.m. for the lifeguards...Dinner will probably be leftovers from a VERY rare night out with the family last night. We took my mom out for dinner since it would have been her 39th anniversary. I had a fish fry with bluegill, perch, cod, wildrice, etc. It was yummy!

PamperChefCarol said:
Have a little wine with that whine, trust me it helps!

And nothing wrong with whining. We all have to share and get stuff off our incredibly beautiful chests!

Dinner tonight.. I am thinking about making that chicken artichoke thing from cooking for 2. At least I think I am.

I made the chicken with artichoke from the 29 miuntes to dinner cookbook but turned it into a panini sandwhich and added provolone and mozzerella cheese to it! OH MY YUMMINESS! very good! Tonight I'm going to just suck on ice becasue I'm so flipping hot!

Ok, change of plans... sometimes that happens...

A while back someone posted a cheesey potato recipe. Somehow that got stuck in my mind so took the recipe and made some alterations...

Original Recipe...which no doubt is amazing...
Cheesy Potatoes

2 lbs frozen hashbrowns
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
4 Tbls. butter, melted
8 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 pint sour cream

Combine all ingredients except butter, and spread in 9x13 baking dish (I used the DDB) Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or 30 minutes in the microwave on high)

That being said, I didn't have hashbrowns. Had a bag of potatoes. Quartered a bunch, mixed in a can of mushroom soup, added 1 chopped onion and 4 large cloves of garlic (hey, we are Italian.. what can I say), then a half bag of half the fat sargento Mexican cheese (like I said, this was all on the fly) and a half container of low fat (see, I am trying to be good) sour cream. Mixed that all together and dumped it in the DCB. Took the package of chicken breast and plopped (a very culinary term.. plop!!) them on top. Grabbed the bag of chips, which at this point is crumbs. Mushed them up, and added some melted butter, grated parmesan, parsley flakes, and garlic. Smooshed that around and patted that on top of the chicken. Had I been thinking, I would have smeared the top of the chicken with some sour cream so the crumbs would stick, but hey, didn't do that.

It's in the oven now, about 400 degrees and we will see. John is picking up either broccoli or asparagus, so we will be having something green with this.

Did I even mention that I LOVE potatoes??? I will report back on this.

I'm posting this recipe here because it was delicious!! It's from my slow-cooker cookbook, although it's not a slow-cooker recipe. And it's good for the meat and potatoes crowd.Beef Pinwheels with Herbs1 1- to 1 1/2 pound beef flank steak
2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
2 medium leeks, sliced (2/3 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into eighths
1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlicScore meat by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals, making diamond patterns on both sides. Place between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, use flat side of meat mallet to pound steak into a 12x8 inch rectangle. Remove wrap; set aside.In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and garlic. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until leeks are tender. Stir in basil, salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Spread leek mixture evenly on one side of steak. Starting at a short end, tightly roll meat into a spiral. Tie four evenly spaced pieces of kitchen string around steak. In same large skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat on all sides in the hot oil. Transfer meat into a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.Arrange potatoes and onion wedges around meat in dish. Pour undrained tomatoes over beef and vegetables. Bake, uncovered, in a 350˚ oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Transfer meat to a cutting board. Cut into serving-size pieces. Remove string. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 4 servings

Doing Chinese take out. Why, you ask? I worked over time, I got a fire ant bite between my toes and my right foot is painfully swollen. I would have made a new recipe I found for Pizza Roll-ups.

kathijenkins said:
I was brave & made the Power Cooking Easy Beef Stroganoff. It turned out really good but needs about 1/2 the amt of noodles & mushrooms. (I have lots of noodles left over, not much stroganoff:grumpy: )

AND, I made the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte for dessert. :D The only problem I had with that recipe is I couldn't find the Andes mints & used bite size York Peppermint patties. It was good but tasted better with the Andes when I had it last.:rolleyes:
Sadly my stomach doesn't love chocolate like I feel it should, but that torte is sooo very yummy! The stomach issues I had for the three days after I ate a slice were totally worth it! :)

Almost forgot - dessert! I have a strawberry swirl pound cake (hooray for the bakery at Meijer), ice cream (black raspberry with dark chocolate chunks) and a cherry-berry compote I threw together (Bing cherries, strawberries, a little sugar, water and cake spice, which is cinnamon, cloves, anise, allspice, etc.).

chefann said:
Almost forgot - dessert! I have a strawberry swirl pound cake (hooray for the bakery at Meijer), ice cream (black raspberry with dark chocolate chunks) and a cherry-berry compote I threw together (Bing cherries, strawberries, a little sugar, water and cake spice, which is cinnamon, cloves, anise, allspice, etc.).

My dream is to open a dessert shop and call it The Chocolate Hippo! :)

Dinner was burgers, hot dogs, salad, garlic greenbeans, and spuds... I was at the soccer field all day with 3 games in 3 directions in 90 + heat - so it was easy cooking in my house! OT - we are having the first Heat wave of the season this weekend!!! I love it!

Related to What's for Dinner Tonight? Any Suggestions?

1. What is the "What's for Dinner?" menu for June 7th?

The "What's for Dinner?" menu for June 7th includes a variety of delicious and easy-to-prepare meals, such as BBQ chicken tacos, summer vegetable pasta, and grilled shrimp skewers.

2. Are the ingredients for these meals provided in a kit or do I need to purchase them separately?

Our "What's for Dinner?" menu for June 7th does not come in a kit. The ingredients will need to be purchased separately, but we provide a detailed list of all the necessary ingredients for each meal.

3. Can these meals be customized to accommodate dietary restrictions or allergies?

Yes, our "What's for Dinner?" menu for June 7th can be easily customized to fit your dietary needs. We offer alternative ingredient options and substitutions for common allergies and dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free.

4. How many servings does each meal on the June 7th menu provide?

Each meal on our "What's for Dinner?" menu for June 7th serves 4-6 people. However, the recipes can be easily adjusted to accommodate larger or smaller serving sizes.

5. Is there a suggested order for preparing these meals throughout the week?

Yes, we provide a suggested meal plan for the week of June 7th that outlines which meals to prepare on which day. This helps to maximize freshness and minimize prep time throughout the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • rennea