• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner....thursday, March 25

In summary, the conversation includes birthday wishes, dinner plans for grilled chicken penne al fresco and leftover stuffed peppers, a recipe for an inexpensive prime rib roast, a delicious turkey burger dinner, and a discussion about making chipotle cornbread bake with substitutes for missing ingredients. The conversation also includes a debate about whether the DCB is safe to use in the oven at high temperatures.
pamperedbybarbara
Good Morning!!!!

Happy Birthday to cheffer...jessicafawn...have a great day today!!!!

Tonight for dinner I am making grilled chicken penne al fresco...my fans love it and it is sooo easy.....I might be having a leftover stuffed pepper. I made this the other night..and:love:...couldn't find a recipe I liked so I kinda made it up as I went along...cooked brown rice, ground turkey, onion, 1 chopped tomatoe, small can of tomatoe sauce, peas, and a few spices...it was very filling!!! and healthy, too....I am trying to stick to red meat and pork 1 time/week..

9 months from today is Christmas...get that countdown fired up Rae!!!;):p...have a great day everyone!!!

Never got a chance to post yesterday, but I made the BEST roast in the DCB.It's a recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com, and it makes a less expensive cut of meat taste just like prime rib! I'll never make roast any other way! I've used this recipe with Eye of Round, and also with Bottom Round....it's soooo good! Served it with baked sweet potatoes, and steamed yellow & green beans.http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/High-Temperature-Eye-of-Round-Roast/Detail.aspx?prop31=2And then today, it was a beautiful, clear, sunny day. Chilly, but bright. We had Burgers (turkey) on the grill, w/ corn, and watermelon. Yummy dinner, reminded me of summer - eventually it will be here!

That inexpensive prime rib sounds good, but when I read the recipe it says to preheat oven to 500 and then turn heat down to 475. Is the DCB okay like this? I double checked the use and care and it says stoneware is heat-resistant to 450 degress.... I'm debating if I should chance it.

Went to make chipotle Cornbread Bake, realized I didn't have green onions, husband was too far from home to bring, so decided to go w/o the onions. Decided to substitute chili for chili beans, because I didn't have any. Was out of chili too!! Darn it. I had to go to store anyway. I was trying to avoid, since I was still wearing my gym clothes.

menehune said:
That inexpensive prime rib sounds good, but when I read the recipe it says to preheat oven to 500 and then turn heat down to 475. Is the DCB okay like this? I double checked the use and care and it says stoneware is heat-resistant to 450 degress.... I'm debating if I should chance it.

I've done it several times - my DCB is still fine.

1. What is the theme for "What's for Dinner" on Thursday, March 25?

The theme for "What's for Dinner" on Thursday, March 25 is "Springtime Favorites".

2. What time does "What's for Dinner" start on Thursday, March 25?

The "What's for Dinner" event will begin at 6:00 PM on Thursday, March 25.

3. Can I attend "What's for Dinner" virtually on Thursday, March 25?

Unfortunately, this month's "What's for Dinner" event is only available in-person. However, we do offer virtual cooking classes throughout the week.

4. Will there be vegetarian options at "What's for Dinner" on Thursday, March 25?

Yes, there will be vegetarian options available at the "What's for Dinner" event on Thursday, March 25. Please let us know about any dietary restrictions beforehand so we can accommodate them.

5. How do I RSVP for "What's for Dinner" on Thursday, March 25?

You can RSVP for "What's for Dinner" by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by reserving a spot on our website. Spaces are limited, so be sure to RSVP early!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • pamperedbybarbara