• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24

In summary, Merry Christmas to all my cheffer friends.....bless you all this holiday and always. And also to my nonChristian friends...happy,happy holidays to you,too..of course
pamperedbybarbara
Merry Christmas to all my cheffer friends.....bless you all this holiday and always. And also to my nonChristian friends...happy,happy holidays to you,too..of course!!!!:love:

Tonite we are having the seven fishes dinner in an abbreviated form....less fish, but just as joyful!

Last nite I made the Chocolate Praline Toffee Crisps--easy! (Festive Holiday Desserts)...lots of:love: from my family :thumbup: I think this one is gonna be a keeper and I will add it onto my list of traditional Christmastime desserts...along with my traditional chocolate bark, and other yummies....

Have a blessed, joyful, and peaceful Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel:

Merry Christmas to you too!

We had a big breakfast this morning, to start out our Christmas Eve day! Cinnamon Bread French Toast w/ peppered brown sugar bacon, and fruit salad.

Lunch will be leftovers, and then tonight for "dinner" we will be at the In-Laws. Traditional Dutch Buffet (for this area) - meaning Ham on Bun, Jello Salads, Baked Beans....I'm bringing Spinach Dip w/ veggies, and a Cheese and Crackers Tray. Also, a plate of Christmas goodies, and DH is making his famous homemade ice cream.

We usually go to my husband's cousin family get together (it is the only family of his where we live) however their special needs daughter is in the hospital so it isn't happening this year. So after we go to church at 5:30 we will pick up a pizza and then come home eat and take baths and get their Christmas pj's on and go drive around and look at Christmas lights!

Hey, Becky...I am Dutch,too!!! I remember having a traditional Dutch treat on Christmas Day afternoon called (and I know I am spelling this wrong)...sasazabroches..(meat wrapped in a dough, then baked...ahhh the memories....my sister still makes this, and now I feel I need to learn this myself...for next yr.:) Enjoy your day!!!!!

pamperedbybarbara said:
Hey, Becky...I am Dutch,too!!! I remember having a traditional Dutch treat on Christmas Day afternoon called (and I know I am spelling this wrong)...sasazabroches..(meat wrapped in a dough, then baked...ahhh the memories....my sister still makes this, and now I feel I need to learn this myself...for next yr.:) Enjoy your day!!!!!

I think everyone around here just calls that pigs in a blanket. Totally different from a hot dog or sausage wrapped in a crescent roll. The "Dutch" Family restaurants in the area, and the Bakeries all sell them. My MIL makes her own though. They are very good!

pot roast, tatters and veggies....today is a crockpot day :)

I'm hosting about 20 people for dinner this evening. We're having stuffed ham sandwiches, meatballs in marinara sauce, meatballs in a brown gravy sauce, deviled eggs, teeny weenies in a spicy ginger sauce, oyster casserole, and a few other things that my sisters will be bring with them.

Tomorrow we'll be at my nephew's house for an Italian feast (and we're not even Italian!). I've making a huge antipasto salad and some proscuitto roll-ups.

ChefBeckyD said:
Merry Christmas to you too!

Traditional Dutch Buffet ... Jello Salads...

What does the jello salads consist of? Because my husband's family is Dutch and they eat orange jello with mandarin oranges and mayo at the holidays. Although the weird part is that last Christmas, his grandma forgot to bring it and the aunts and uncles were talking about it but my husband and his brother and sister all said they had no clue what they were talking about. Maybe they're just all oblivious? But she's brought it to holiday gatherings every since. I had NEVER heard of it before (my family's Mexican), but they didn't mention if it was specifically Dutch...

mrshamel3808 said:
What does the jello salads consist of? Because my husband's family is Dutch and they eat orange jello with mandarin oranges and mayo at the holidays. Although the weird part is that last Christmas, his grandma forgot to bring it and the aunts and uncles were talking about it but my husband and his brother and sister all said they had no clue what they were talking about. Maybe they're just all oblivious? But she's brought it to holiday gatherings every since. I had NEVER heard of it before (my family's Mexican), but they didn't mention if it was specifically Dutch...

Elise - I don't know that it's specifically Dutch, but in this extremely Dutch area of the country, it seems like no meal is complete without some type of jello "salad".
Growing up, jello for me was always a dessert...it wasn't until I met my husband that I'd ever heard of jello being a salad.

I have a Hometown cookbook from a town in this area (H'ville, for those who know the area) that is called the "Salad Capitol of the World"....the area is surrounded w/ muck fields, and a lot of celery, onions, lettuce, and other salad veggies are grown. Well, anyway, in the cookbook, at least 1/2 of the salads contain jello...even ones that also contain meat. :yuck:

I've never been to any family gathering with my DH that didn't include at least one type of jello.

What's for dinner? Way too much! It was so good, though. I supplied a lot of goodies including the banket and my award winning double chocolate peppermint cookies, profiterole puffs, peppermint swirl cookies, peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate and powdered sugar, and molasses cookies. There was no jello salad.MERRY CHRISTMAS!JAE

What is "What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24"?

"What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24" is a weekly event hosted by Pampered Chef where we share delicious and easy dinner recipes for you to try at home.

How do I participate in "What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24"?

To participate in "What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24", simply visit our website or social media pages every Thursday to find the featured recipe of the week. You can also sign up for our email list to receive the recipe directly to your inbox.

Are the recipes for "What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24" healthy?

Yes, we strive to provide healthy and balanced dinner recipes for our customers. We also offer options for dietary restrictions and preferences.

Do I need to use Pampered Chef products for the "What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24" recipes?

No, you do not need to use Pampered Chef products for the recipes. However, our products are designed to make cooking easier and more efficient, so we highly recommend them.

Can I share my own recipes for "What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24"?

Unfortunately, we do not accept recipe submissions for "What's for Dinner..thursday, Dec. 24". However, we are always open to suggestions and feedback for future recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedbybarbara