• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Will Linda C Cook for Dinner on September 8?

Tonight for dinner I am making Tandoori Chicken haven't decided what to put with it yet :)Hee Hee...all I could think was just wait til the cravings & food aversions set in!
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight for dinner I am making Tandoori Chicken haven't decided what to put with it yet :)

Hee Hee...all I could think was just wait til the cravings & food aversions set in!
I couldn't stand the smell of cooking meat, and eating it was even worse. For about 2 months, I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast every morning, and toast w/ peanut butter & bananas for lunch, and then DH would make me a big salad with hard boiled egg, cheddar cheese, carrots, and ranch dressing for dinner. (I had never cared for ranch until I was pregnant, when suddenly I CRAVED it!) Sometimes, if I could be far enough away so I didn't have to smell it, he would make me a fried egg sandwich.

But then, I started craving Arnie's (local restautant) Chicken Salad Sandwiches, and Strawberry Milkshakes. But it had to be made with real strawberries!
I haven't had one since Micah was born! I OD'd on them when I was pregnant.:rolleyes:

Tonight we are having Baked Chicken and Rice. Easy - I have a big show tonight, and it's my first of the new season.

DH and I both have a meeting at church tonight so we are doing something FAST and EASY! Maybe hotdogs! LOL

PamperedCaniac said:
DH and I both have a meeting at church tonight so we are doing something FAST and EASY! Maybe hotdogs! LOL

I actually have a Hot Dog toaster, so I can make really fast hot dogs!!!!

On my end, I probably won't cook tonight, I cooked so much this weekend, that I want my DH to cook tonight!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Hee Hee...all I could think was just wait til the cravings & food aversions set in!
I couldn't stand the smell of cooking meat, and eating it was even worse. For about 2 months, I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast every morning, and toast w/ peanut butter & bananas for lunch, and then DH would make me a big salad with hard boiled egg, cheddar cheese, carrots, and ranch dressing for dinner. (I had never cared for ranch until I was pregnant, when suddenly I CRAVED it!) Sometimes, if I could be far enough away so I didn't have to smell it, he would make me a fried egg sandwich.

But then, I started craving Arnie's (local restautant) Chicken Salad Sandwiches, and Strawberry Milkshakes. But it had to be made with real strawberries!
I haven't had one since Micah was born! I OD'd on them when I was pregnant.:rolleyes:

This is my craving setting in!!LOL All we have been having is spicy food:) I made White Chicken Chilli last night and it was on fire by the time I was done with it:D

I need ideas I have a leftover roast cooked an 8 pound roast last week (what was i thinking???) DD hates roast. I had bought it when the boys were still home this summerso, any ideas???

Teresa Lynn said:
I need ideas I have a leftover roast cooked an 8 pound roast last week (what was i thinking???) DD hates roast. I had bought it when the boys were still home this summer

so, any ideas???

Beef Stroganoff, Hot Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches, BBQ Beef Sandwiches

I have a cluster meeting tonight so I will be eating at Crispers.

she doesn't care for stroganoff either (it is my oldest son's favorite so we had it alot before he moved to college)I don't like sandwiches and it was seasoned with celery and wine so wouldn't be good BBQed It will probably sit in the fridge until it molds

I have some left over baked chicken from yesterday. I loosen the skin off a whole chicken, mixed our basil oik, Italian seasoning and Rosemary and basted the chicken under the skin and in the cavity. baked it in the DCB while we were at church with whole new pototoes, oninons, and mushrooms, yum yum. I might try some white chicken chili or the carbona pizza with the chicken.

Teresa Lynn said:
she doesn't care for stroganoff either (it is my oldest son's favorite so we had it alot before he moved to college)

I don't like sandwiches and it was seasoned with celery and wine so wouldn't be good BBQed

It will probably sit in the fridge until it molds

Make vegetable beef soup with it!

All kinds of soup veggies, any broth/gravy from the roast, plus more beef broth to make it "soupy"....a bay leaf, a couple handfuls of dry brown rice or barley (my favorite), some Italian seasoning, crushed garlic, and even another splash or two of wine....let it all simmer in the crockpot for several hours.

It also freezes well after it's made!:thumbup:

I might try that I was thinking a shephards pie, but the night we had it I was in a hurry and forgot to save the broth.
driving her back and forth to dance class 5 nights a week is killing me (plus to and from school she turns 16 the end of May and its not cool to ride the bus as a sophomore... even though it stops at our driveway) I miss my boys helping out they would drop her off or pick her up on their way to or from their practices.

DessertDivaFL said:
Beef Stroganoff, Hot Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches, BBQ Beef Sandwiches

I have a cluster meeting tonight so I will be eating at Crispers.

Open face sandwhiches!!

toast then add the mixture on top (add cream potatoes to the toast then roast n gravy for a heart treat) LOVE IT!

Teresa Lynn said:
she doesn't care for stroganoff either (it is my oldest son's favorite so we had it alot before he moved to college)

I don't like sandwiches and it was seasoned with celery and wine so wouldn't be good BBQed

It will probably sit in the fridge until it molds

Why not make a beef stew??

We are having T-Bone Steaks, veggie, mashed red skin potatoes, fruit salad, and fresh whole grain bread. Oh.... and dessert is homemade pecan pie and whipped cream....MMMMmmmmmmmm :)

its already sliced i don't think it would make a good stewI'm thinking about adding it to some frozen beef stock I have and making french onion soup

Teresa Lynn said:
driving her back and forth to dance class 5 nights a week is killing me (plus to and from school she turns 16 the end of May and its not cool to ride the bus as a sophomore... even though it stops at our driveway)

um... tough?

sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine - when the whole family revolves around the kids.

Tonight it's burgers for us, DS has karate at 6:30.

elizabethfox said:
We are having T-Bone Steaks, veggie, mashed red skin potatoes, fruit salad, and fresh whole grain bread. Oh.... and dessert is homemade pecan pie and whipped cream....MMMMmmmmmmmm :)

Wow! Too bad I have a show, or I'd be headed to your house!

Is it a special occasion, or are you just celebrating Monday?:D

Forgot to post mine: brats and potato salad. And leftover cake for dessert (from FIL's b'day yesterday).

chefann said:
Forgot to post mine: brats and potato salad. And leftover cake for dessert (from FIL's b'day yesterday).

Well, at least there was plenty of cake yesterday!:thumbup::)

*giggle* Because FIL bought a Costco cake. And SIL (the bossy one of the green bean stories from 2 years ago) got bossy and told him he should have bought a quarter sheet instead of a half (even though all Costco sells are half).

chefann said:
*giggle* Because FIL bought a Costco cake. And SIL (the bossy one of the green bean stories from 2 years ago) got bossy and told him he should have bought a quarter sheet instead of a half (even though all Costco sells are half).

Mmmmmm - Costco Cake! I LOVE Costco Cake!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! Too bad I have a show, or I'd be headed to your house!

Is it a special occasion, or are you just celebrating Monday?:D

Nah no special occasion. Some guy my DH knows said he would bring T-Bone's to our house for dinner if we had him over...LOL.

So he is supplying the steaks and I am preparing the rest. Well except for the pecan pies...DH made those last night at 9 pm. And my kitchen was not trashed when he got done which was unusual....... :D

SMALL HI~JACK (& I AM NOT ANGRY AT WHAT ANN SAID)Yes, our family life DOES "revolve" around our children and I wouldn't have it any other way. when we became parents that was a mutual agreement between us, God comes First, our family second..She is a precious sweet young lady and I have ENJOYED our rides even though I grumble about getting dressed first thing in the morning & it interrupting Dr. Phil in the afternoon. And in her defense if MOMMA don't like it I don't cook it so just because she doesn't like it doesn't mean I refrain from cooking it.off my soap box now

Sorry, Teresa - I didn't mean to imply that you were a bad parent or let the offspring rule the roost. I've seen families that are REALLY BAD that way, with the parents having no authority at all. I knew as soon as I hit "post" that I should have toned it down.

Steak and potato pancakes. Doing the steak in the oven with carrots and tomato soup on it. I usually do the potato in it too but I want potato pancakes.

Luke wants fish sticks, so, I am cooking those now. He is hungry already.

Cole wil have bananas and carrots or sweet peas. We're trying to introduce new veggies.

Fried Chicken Cutlets W/ Chicken Noodle Roni....:eek: one of DHs Favs!!!:eek: Then he wonders why his Cardiologist yells at him...:rolleyes:

Ann,
no need to apologize
I wasn't offended which is why i bolded i wasn't angry.
I make no apologies that my children are my entire world until I have grandkids :)

Grilled Polynesian Chicken with pineapple and coconut and fried rice! YUM!

Linda C

1. What is Tandoori Chicken?

Tandoori Chicken is a popular Indian dish that is marinated in yogurt and spices and then traditionally cooked in a clay oven called a tandoor.

2. How do you make Tandoori Chicken?

To make Tandoori Chicken, you will need to marinate chicken pieces in a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice, spices, and red food coloring. The marinated chicken is then typically cooked in a tandoor oven, but can also be grilled or baked in a regular oven.

3. What are some common side dishes to serve with Tandoori Chicken?

Some common side dishes to serve with Tandoori Chicken include basmati rice, naan bread, raita (yogurt sauce), and various vegetable dishes such as saag paneer or mixed vegetable curry.

4. Can you make Tandoori Chicken without a tandoor oven?

Yes, you can make Tandoori Chicken without a tandoor oven. You can grill or bake the marinated chicken in a regular oven. However, the flavor and texture may differ from traditional Tandoori Chicken cooked in a tandoor oven.

5. Is Tandoori Chicken a healthy meal option?

Tandoori Chicken can be a healthy meal option as it is typically made with lean chicken and a variety of spices. However, it may also contain high amounts of sodium and fat depending on the specific recipe and cooking method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jilleysue
  • rennea