• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Too Busy for Dinner? Order Take-Out Tonight!

not sure about that one!He even likes Thai food... not sure about that one!To be fair, Rick has too.
rennea
Gold Member
Well tonight I am really hoping that we order take-out. I have a lot to do today and don't think I'll have time to plan anything.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it...

rennea said:
Well tonight I am really hoping that we order take-out. I have a lot to do today and don't think I'll have time to plan anything.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it...

LOL - Me too, Rennea!

DH is coming home from work between 3:30-4 because We have to fly out to the other end of town to save more big money at Menards, and also go to a builder's supply store that closes at 5pm - so we won't even be home at our regular dinner time. Hoping DH sees it the way that I see it!:D

I think I'm doing take out too!!! LOL!! I am having a show here in the house tomorrow.... so I think I want to keep things easy for tonight! I think it's going to be me sending hubby for burgers... haven't ate a burger in about 2 months!! sometimes you just need to satisfy the craving!! I need to get off this and get back to work.... have lots to do to get ready! the house doesn't look great! Just found out we have to move and things are crazy around here!:eek:

I'm going out for a Mom's Night Out. Hubby will survive on his own. I'm guessing take out!

I think tonight will be leftover pizza that I ordered last night. I'm making a 4 layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and cherry compote between the layers... I don't think I'll be cooking dinner too!

Pork tenderloin, still deciding on DCB in micro vs. just throwing it in the oven.

I have some corn to use, and maybe some broccolli or zucchini. Not sure about a starch...

Becky, your Menards comment made me smile. We don't have one here, used to drive to Jackson from AA when we lived in MI, but that jingle would also get SO stuck in my head. It is pretty annoying after a couple of hours!

AnnieBee said:
Pork tenderloin, still deciding on DCB in micro vs. just throwing it in the oven.

I have some corn to use, and maybe some broccolli or zucchini. Not sure about a starch...

Becky, your Menards comment made me smile. We don't have one here, used to drive to Jackson from AA when we lived in MI, but that jingle would also get SO stuck in my head. It is pretty annoying after a couple of hours!

Corn is a starch....

And the Menards jingle is almost always in my brain close to the surface. We are there about once a week, and Micah sings the jingle all the time. Plus, he thinks that's the actual name of the store, so he will ask "Are we going to Save Big Money At Menards?" or if we see one, he'll say "Look - there's a Save Big Money At Menards!"

Sooo - is the jingle stuck in your head now? :D

Not too bad yet, but I've got kids distracting me so it hasn't taken root yet! That is cute about Micah. Jon can't wait until Menards makes its way over this way...

I agree with the corn as starch, but I'm not sure DH would!! I am trying to cut back on my carbs (I have gained so much weight in the last 18 months - :eek:). I might make some bread, but then I'll have to resist it!

AnnieBee said:
Not too bad yet, but I've got kids distracting me so it hasn't taken root yet! That is cute about Micah. Jon can't wait until Menards makes its way over this way...

I agree with the corn as starch, but I'm not sure DH would!! I am trying to cut back on my carbs (I have gained so much weight in the last 18 months - :eek:). I might make some bread, but then I'll have to resist it!

What is is with these Dutch men and their starches? Bread, potatoes, noodles...
The worst part is (at least for my DH) he can eat as many carbs as he wants, and it doesn't change his weight at all. It's just wrong!

Yep, totally not fair! I have to admit Jon has come along way from his Dutch heritage! Raised on "meat and potatoes", but now he's pretty adventurous!

homemade pizza tonight - the crust dough is rising in the oven (draft free). might also go see night at the museum this evening with DS

AnnieBee said:
Yep, totally not fair! I have to admit Jon has come along way from his Dutch heritage! Raised on "meat and potatoes", but now he's pretty adventurous!

To be fair, Rick has too.

He even likes Thai food now! :) And this is from a guy who grew up in a family where Spaghetti was as "ethnic" as it got for food!

1. What is the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on May 29?

The featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on May 29 is the Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers.

2. What ingredients do I need for the Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers?

You will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, bell peppers, red onion, zucchini, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and your choice of seasoning for the skewers.

3. Can I substitute the chicken for a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken for tofu, shrimp, or another type of meat such as steak or pork. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. How long does it take to cook the Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers?

The cooking time may vary depending on your grill, but on average it takes about 10-12 minutes, flipping the skewers every 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.

5. Are there any recommended side dishes to go with the Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers?

Yes, some recommended side dishes are a quinoa or rice pilaf, a mixed greens salad, or roasted potatoes. You can also add some grilled fruit, such as pineapple or peaches, for a refreshing side dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • rennea