1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: What's for Dinner? (May 13)

1. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Tonight for dinner we are having Pork chops on the BBQ, mashed potatoes, green beans and coleslaw. :)

May 13, 2009
  2. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

no idea... we are having steak and cheese for lunch though...

yum!!!

Last edited: May 13, 2009
    May 13, 2009
  3. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

What is steakmand cheese?

May 13, 2009
  4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Trying the 30 minute chicken and garlic bites.....strictly a la Becky D's! = )

5. etteluap70PC

it is a "typo" sorry Steak and Cheese!

May 13, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Actually, they are both PC recipes...I just put them together and discovered it was an incredible demo!:)

DH was just home for lunch...and I made a 5 minute chicken stirfry that was DELISH!

I had some planned leftover chicken breast (cooked last night in the DCB for the BBQ Chicken Pizza), and some leftover brown rice that I had frozen...

Using the Stirfry Skillet, I drizzled in a little olive oil, some sliced mushrooms and onion, pressed in a large clove of garlic, and then tossed in a bag of the Manns Rainbow Slaw, and a bag of Matchstick Carrots. Stir fried for a couple minutes, and then tossed in the leftover chopped chicken. Heated that through, and then drizzled it all with the Ginger Wasabi Sauce...served it with the brown rice that I had reheated in the microwave.

It was SO GOOD! I am completely sold on the GW Sauce. It's Spoon Good!

All of that to say that I have a Cluster Meeting tonight, and some training beforehand with 2 new consultants, so Dinner here will probably be fend for yourselves...:D (but Lunch was good, so no Mommy Guilt!)

May 13, 2009
  7. etteluap70PC

I do this too!!!

Make a good lunch if I will be gone for diner. Too funny!

May 13, 2009
  8. merego

merego Senior Member

grilled chicken spinach salad with fruit on the side

May 13, 2009
  9. Bren706

Bren706 Senior Member Gold Member

I am going to make a dish that a consultant at our cluster meeting put together in the DCB. She called it Mexican Chicken and Rice:

2 boneless chicken breast
    2 1/2 cups chicken broth
    2 cups uncooked rice
    1 (16 oz.) jar mild salsa, or you can use a spicier one if you wish
    1 (15 oz.) can yellow corn, drained
    2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese blend

Place chicken breast in Deep Covered Baker, sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cook in Microwave on high for 15 minutes. Remove chicken breast from baker and place in batter bowl. Allow chicken to cool slightly. Next, place uncooked rice and chicken broth into DCB. Cook in microwave on high for 10 minutes, and remove from micro, and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes. Chop chicken with food chopper or salad choppers. Fold in salsa, drained corn and chopped chicken into cooked rice. Now add 1 cup shredded cheese to rice mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top. Warm until cheese has melted. Top with sour cream. Enjoy!

I think I am going to sprinkle the chicken with some Southwestern Seasoning and add 1/2 can of black beans as well (I would add a whole can, but I am the only one in the family that really likes them, so I don't want it to be overkill).

May 13, 2009
  10. We are having Polenta with homemade pasta sauce (yum!) and a salad.

11. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Boogers and flies here.

That's burgers and fries to real people. The fries will be oven fries. Fresh, green salad and fresh fruit will round out the meal.

May 13, 2009
  12. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Grilled "Cowboy Steaks" (a WW recipe I am trying), with some veggie kabobs on the grill. I'm also going to try to grill some pineapple and try the Rum Sauce on it? Had to use up a fresh pineapple before I lost it all! The kids are having chicken and sweet potatoes.

And a Tropical Turkey & Spinach Salad.....YUM!! (I make it with peach preserves instead of apricot)
    Update: "Cowboy Steaks" - were very good and a very simple marinade!
    3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
    2 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
    2 tsp. olive oil
    2 tsp chipotle chile powder (i used regular chile powder)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 1/2 lb top round steak, 3/4 inch thick

Mix all of the ingredients (except steaks) in a zip-lock plastic bag. Add the steaks. Seal the bag and turn to coat the steaks. Refrigerate 30-60 minutes. Then grill to desired doneness. (we did them on the grill outside) . These would be good sliced and served over a salad too!

Last edited: May 13, 2009
    May 13, 2009
  13. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

Oh Rae, boogers and flies yummo! :)

May 13, 2009
Have something to add?