• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner? (June 6th) Any delicious ideas for a last-minute meal?

In summary, the 39 year old woman is talking about her recent trip, her husband's work situation, and her cooking.
rennea
Gold Member
I haven't decided yet, but not chicken again;)

I think we may have homemade Naan Pizza, I think it was Becky yesturday that started talking about pizza and I've wanted one ever since:thumbup:

I we don't have pizza then I think we will have pasta.:chef:

Whatever I decide we will be having fresh greens on the side.

Nothing. It's Friday, so DH will be going to his buddy's house to work on his car. And it's such a waste of time to cook for one person.

Not at home for dinnerFriday nights I am at church helping our Celebrate Recovery program. If I was at home, I would be making a new recipe in the mini muffin pan.

I found some on Allrecipes.com (Pepperoni Pizza Muffins), Kraftfoods.com (Mini Broccoli & Ham Cups and Mini Florentine Cups) and on BettyCrocker.com (Shrimp-Cheese Bites and Black Bean & Corn Wonton Cups)

If anyone tries these, please let me know. I don't know which one I will make first!

Tonight is BBQ country style pork shoulder ribs. Most likely with veggies and baked beans on the side. Actually, the baked beans sound good. Definitely the baked beans.

Although I should be reading some of the past threads to get some inspiration for tonight's dinner, I think I am just going to make sloppy joes with some corn on the side. I have a show tonight, so I won't be using too many of my tools that I need to take with me. (Making the Chocolate Velvet cake with strawberries at the show.)

With all the end of the year activities I have ben lazy with cooking, so tonight is pizza because I have to sew a costume for my daughter's play!!

chefann said:
Nothing. It's Friday, so DH will be going to his buddy's house to work on his car. And it's such a waste of time to cook for one person.

Don't you have kids?

MmmmmToday I'm currently simmering a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce on my stove. And I'm thawing out some hamburger for meatballs. I can make a mean meatball but my meatloaf stinks. Go figure...

Anyway then once the meatballs are done, I will crumble some of them into a 9x13 pan and dump in some almost cooked Rigatoni noodles, cover it with a little sauce and mozzerella and bake it! :) Mmmmmm

Sadly I'm out of garlic bread, so unless I make my own, which I could do i think we'll just have a salad on the side.

Kitchen Diva said:
Don't you have kids?
Ew! No!

The 39 year old is enough kid for me. :)

Actually, he called a little earlier and isn't going to his buddy's. So we're going out for fish and chips. Yum!!

chefann said:
Ew! No!

Actually, he called a little earlier and isn't going to his buddy's. So we're going out for fish and chips. Yum!!

Mmmmmm - put some malt vinegar on those chips for me!

DH just beeped me (we have Nextel 2-way) and wants DS and me to ride out with him to pick up some camper supplies - so we'll probably end up eating out.....

chefann said:
Ew! No!

Then who were the kids you were talking about when you took that RV trip a few months ago?

Well, this explains why you eat toast alot for supper! :) LOL I feel terrible for thinking you had kids and you don't. And here I thought I knew you.

Those were my nieces and nephew.

chefann said:
Those were my nieces and nephew.
Ahhhh...I'll try to pay attention a little better next time! :) Enjoy your fish and chips! :) I sort of liked John Baker better than Ponch as far as Chips are concerned!

Ha!Yummy fried dinner... where everything is beige except for the coleslaw.

chefann said:
Ha!

Yummy fried dinner... where everything is beige except for the coleslaw.
IMHO it doesn't matter if it's beige...it's FRIED! :) LOL My meatballs turned out really good. It still escapes me why I can't make a decent meatloaf but I can make a decent meat ball... Maybe I'm just good with balls?:rolleyes:

Did I just type that out loud?

<giggle> You did. :eek:It was soooooo good! And they serve saltines with the slaw - yummy!!

we had leftovers and a homemade strawberry pie for dessert. DD and I went strawberry picking with our playgroup this morning and got tons of berries, we had a blast!! The pie is super yummy, I am very impressed with myself :)

merego said:
we had leftovers and a homemade strawberry pie for dessert. DD and I went strawberry picking with our playgroup this morning and got tons of berries, we had a blast!! The pie is super yummy, I am very impressed with myself :)

I love pie! :)

I still haven't had dinner yet... now I'm wishing I wouldn't have read through this thread... my mouth is watering and my tummy growling! Mmmm 'specially for that strawberry pie! YUM!

Well, we ended up with a gourmet meal! (not)

We were so busy running errands, and before we knew it we were in Meijers, and Micah was getting very hyper, and begging for food....and it was almost 8pm!:eek: So we quick grabbed a DiGiorno's Frozen 4 cheese pizza, and as soon as we got home I tossed some baby spinach, mushrooms, and yellow pepper on it and Viola! In only 15 minutes, it wasn't delivery - it was DiGiorno's!

I am about to eat the whole grain chicken bites (29 minutes to dinner), mashed potatoes, and corn for dinner.

Hey, look Chefann...more beige meals! :)

DH made homemade sloppy joes (not that premade sauce stuff and it has shredded beef) and steak fries. "man food" as he put it

Well I committed a big boo-boo and forgot to boil the ribs before DH got home. It was 5:30 by the time he got here so there wasn't enough time to boil and bbq before the boys would get out of control. We ended up with hotdogs and chips. (More colorless food!) Now I can't wait for tomorrow's dinner!

Related to What's for Dinner? (June 6th) Any delicious ideas for a last-minute meal?

1. What is the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on June 6th?

The featured recipe for "What's for Dinner?" on June 6th is our delicious Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers. It's the perfect summer dish to enjoy with your family and friends.

2. Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients in the featured recipe?

Yes, you can definitely make substitutions for the ingredients in the featured recipe. Our recipes are meant to be customizable and we encourage you to use ingredients that you and your family enjoy.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner?" on June 6th?

Yes, we have a delicious vegetarian option for "What's for Dinner?" on June 6th. Our Grilled Veggie and Halloumi Skewers are packed with flavor and perfect for anyone looking for a meatless meal option.

4. How long does it take to prepare and cook the featured recipe?

The preparation time for the featured recipe is approximately 15 minutes, and the cooking time is about 10-12 minutes. This may vary depending on your cooking equipment and experience.

5. Can I make the featured recipe ahead of time?

While the featured recipe is best enjoyed fresh, you can definitely prep some of the ingredients ahead of time to save time on the day of cooking. You can also marinate the chicken and vegetables overnight for even more flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rennea
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies