• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Was on the Menu for July 4, 2009?

In summary, the family is getting together for a cookout tomorrow. There will be burgers, hot dogs, chicken, and shrimp on the grill, potato salad, deviled eggs, strawberries, and cantalope.
cewcooks
Happy fourth of July Everyone!!

We are grilling steaks and having roasted potatoes and my DD is having hotdogs and beans and apple studel for dessert and Pina Coladas at sunset!

How about everyone else?

Warning...vent!!! I live in a tourist town so our town has to make sure they earn their regular $ from the partons that normally would come to town and literally drink their faces off. So our tiny town will be flooded tomorrow night because they decided long ago that are not having fireworks until SUNDAY so we can then catch the family tourist $:grumpy: Not sure if I should sing God Bless America or God Bless the all mighty dollar:grumpy:

burgers on the grill and lots of sides!!

Shrimp and Chicken on the grill
Roasted Redskins
Pasta Salad
Fruit Salad
Baked Beans
Double Chocolate Mousse Cups w/ Raspberries

And whatever my MIL brings with her....DH, FIL, and BIL are working on our house, and MIL is taking care of 3 little boys (one is mine!) so I'm making the bulk of the meal. This is fun!

Hot dogs
grilled corn on the cob
Smores for desert arround a bonfire.

The fire and smores have become a tradition. :)

Big family get together is tomorrow.

3 kinds of burgers
3 kinds of hot dogs
Baked potato salad (me old PC recipe I found on CC)
Pasta Salad (me)
Baked beans
Cupcakes (me)
chips
who knows what else. My inlaws are not known for their culinary prowess...

ChefBeckyD said:
Shrimp and Chicken on the grill
Roasted Redskins
Pasta Salad
Fruit Salad
Baked Beans
Double Chocolate Mousse Cups w/ Raspberries

And whatever my MIL brings with her....DH, FIL, and BIL are working on our house, and MIL is taking care of 3 little boys (one is mine!) so I'm making the bulk of the meal. This is fun!

Chicken and Shrimp are marinating
Redskins are washed, seasoned, and ready to pop in the oven
Pasta chilling in the fridge
Fruit Salad - same
Beans are in the oven
Getting ready to pipe the Mousse into the waffle cups, and I can sit and relax for 1/2 hour before the gang shows up!

ummm, after I unload and reload the dishwasher that is!:eek:

We're grilling some Costco burgers. Which reminds me-- I need to get buns out of the freezer. Maybe a veg. Nothing fancy.

Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken Breast (with Smoky Barbeque Rub and Peach Jelly on it) on the grill
Homemade potato salad
Deviled Eggs (gotta love my Mix N Chop and Easy Accent Decorator)
Strawberries (Grandson help slice with the Egg Slicer Plus)
CantalopeStuffed for lunch BUT we have yummy leftovers for a few days! Going to DQ after dinner tonight for Girl Scout Tagalong Blizzards! YUM YUM!

We are off to the Lakewood Family Fun Festival and dining al fresco on corn dogs!!

And maybe elephant ears??

tacos... real patriotic huh?? Haha... my son is headed to soccer camp for a week tomorrow and that was his requested "last supper". It was still enjoyable. Cookout tomorrow though with the strawerry and blueberry trifle and Alaskan crab!

1. What are some easy and festive recipes for July 4th dinner?

For a simple and delicious main dish, try our Grilled BBQ Chicken and Vegetable Skewers. For sides, our Red, White, and Blueberry Salad and Corn on the Cob with Herb Butter are perfect for the occasion. And for dessert, our Flag Cake or Berry Trifle are sure to be a hit!

2. How can I make sure my July 4th dinner is healthy and balanced?

Incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into your dishes, such as watermelon, berries, and grilled veggies. Choose lean proteins like chicken or fish, and opt for whole grain options for sides like quinoa or brown rice. And don't forget to stay hydrated with plenty of water!

3. What are some kid-friendly options for July 4th dinner?

Kids will love our Mini BBQ Meatloaf Muffins and Firecracker Hot Dogs. You can also get them involved in the kitchen by making Patriotic Fruit Wands or Red, White, and Blue Smoothies for a fun and healthy activity.

4. Can I make any of these recipes ahead of time?

Yes! You can prep the Grilled BBQ Chicken and Vegetable Skewers and store them in the fridge until ready to grill. The Red, White, and Blueberry Salad and Corn on the Cob with Herb Butter can also be prepped a few hours in advance. Just assemble the salad and keep the corn in the husks until ready to grill.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for July 4th dinner?

Absolutely! Our Grilled Veggie and Hummus Wraps and Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers are delicious and filling options for those following a vegetarian or vegan diet. You can also incorporate grilled tofu or tempeh into the skewers for a protein-packed meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedbybarbara