• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner....monday, July 5

In summary, the author had a great 4th of July. They went to bbqs on both Saturday and Sunday, and ate like there was no tomorrow. They also made Mediterranean Orzo Salad and S'more Cups from two different cookbooks. Tonight they are having grilled pork chops, sweet potatoes and fresh vegggies. They also have company over for dinner, and are planning on cooking burgers and brats on the grill with grilled onions and peppers. There is also a 7 layer salad, a fruit salad, and a spaghetti salad. It is another scorcher out today, and they don't want to cook.
pamperedbybarbara
Good Morning!!!!!

Happy Birthday to cheffers...byrd1956 and cheflorig...have a wonderful day!!!!

Wow...what an awesome 4th of July I had!!!!!! Went to bbqs on both Saturday and Sunday!!! Ate like there was no tomorrow!!!! On Saturday I made Mediterranean Orzo Salad from the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook...super easy and yummy!!!! On Sunday I made-among other things- S'More Cups from Simply Sweet Dessert Cookbook!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were sooooo easy and disappeared in mere minutes!!! Fun to make!!!!!

Tonight we are having grilled pork chops, sweet potatoes and fresh vegggies!!!

You've gotta try those S'more Cups!!!!!:love::love::love:

Just looked up the recipe and I am defiantly going to need to try them! :]
Maybe I can make them to take to my birthday campfire!

We've had lots of fun this 4th weekend also!

BBQ'd Ribs, Baked Beans, Grilled Asparagus, and Patio Potato Salad on Sat., finished with a walk up to the Tasty Treat for ice cream - and Fireworks over Lake Michigan late in the evening.

Yesterday - Grilled Chicken, leftover potato salad, Fruit Salad, and caesar salad. (lots of salads, I know - but it was stickin' hot!)

Today - we did our annual 4th of July picnic breakfast. A tradition DH and I started when we were dating! We've never missed a year in 14 yrs! (although we've had a couple close calls because of weather.) We had cinnamon rolls, bacon & eggs cooked in a cast iron skillet over a grill, coffee and juice.

Now - planning dinner! We're having company over, and doing burgers & brats on the grill, with grilled onions and peppers. We're also having 7 layer salad, a fruit salad, and a spaghetti salad. It's another scorcher today, and really don't want to cook in this heat!

pamperedbybarbara said:
Happy Birthday to cheffers...byrd1956 and cheflorig...have a wonderful day!!!!

:

Thanks Barb! Not sure what is for dinner, husband has something planned...

ChefBeckyD said:

BBQ'd Ribs, Baked Beans, Grilled Asparagus, and Patio Potato Salad on Sat., finished with a walk up to the Tasty Treat for ice cream - and Fireworks over Lake Michigan late in the evening.

Yesterday - Grilled Chicken, leftover potato salad, Fruit Salad, and caesar salad. (lots of salads, I know - but it was stickin' hot!)

Today - we did our annual 4th of July picnic breakfast. A tradition DH and I started when we were dating! We've never missed a year in 14 yrs! (although we've had a couple close calls because of weather.) We had cinnamon rolls, bacon & eggs cooked in a cast iron skillet over a grill, coffee and juice.

Now - planning dinner! We're having company over, and doing burgers & brats on the grill, with grilled onions and peppers. We're also having 7 layer salad, a fruit salad, and a spaghetti salad. It's another scorcher today, and really don't want to cook in this heat!

And YEA! MIL is bringing some kind of fresh blueberry dessert (from fresh picked MI blueberries :) YUM!) so I don't have to worry about dessert. I'd forgotten about it!

We are having spegetti and fresh zucchini from the garden. I have fresh black berries that I think I will use for scones....

I have made the smore cups ever since the new cook book came out and people FLIP over them. I have requests from my kids teachers, etc. to them. They are yummy and EASY

Magnificent Meatloaf in DCB in microwave, beans and carrots... fabulous watermelon from the garden for dessert

At the Bates Bungalow we're dining on Thai Red Curry Steak, Jasmine Rice, and a variety of fresh fruits.

Leftover mexican chicken lasagna ... and BBQ chicken for lunch. House-sitting and am loving my friend's grill!

ChefBeckyD said:

Okay not nice to tease ;) Can you share these recipes?

1. What is the recipe for "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5"?

The recipe for "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5" is Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs. It is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for summer grilling.

2. How long does it take to make "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5"?

The total cooking time for "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5" is approximately 30 minutes. This includes prep time and grilling time.

3. What ingredients do I need for "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5"?

The ingredients for "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5" are 1 pound of boneless chicken breast, 2 bell peppers, 1 red onion, 1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.

4. Can I make "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5" on a stovetop instead of a grill?

Yes, you can make "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5" on a stovetop by using a grill pan or a regular pan. Just make sure to cook the chicken and vegetables for the same amount of time as you would on a grill.

5. Can I use different vegetables for "What's for Dinner....Monday, July 5"?

Absolutely! You can use any vegetables that you prefer or have on hand. Some other great options for this recipe are mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, eggplant, or asparagus. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Back