• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner Tonight? (Jan. 28)

In summary, Lisa is thinking about what to have for dinner and is having a hard time deciding. She has been trying to eat through the food in her pantry and freezer, but has not been able to finish everything. She is going to try making stuffed green peppers tonight and has also been cooking chicken and potatoes. She is also going to order pizza.
rennea
Gold Member
Well I really haven't decided today what's for dinner. I'm thinking maybe breakfast for dinner. I think DH would like pancakes. If I don't come up with anything that's what we will be having.

homemade split pea soup for me,
leftovers for my picky family. its an ice day here :)

I actually got my act together...Wednesday is my crazy day, and we usually end up eating out, but not today! Chicken and gravy (in the crock pot), with rice & vegis, biscuits.

I've been trying to eat through the stuff in the pantry and freezer, so today I dug a frozen chicken out. We'll be having 30-min chicken with potatoes and carrots.

P.S. Last night I used one of those "steamables" type vegis. They were AWESOME.

We are having chicken cutlets on the bar pan, seasoned sweet potatoe fries on another bar pan, and fresh green beans sauteed w/garlic and oil. Probably brownies for dessert.

Everyone's home today due to the bad weather (hubby included) so I put some swiss steak in the crock and I'm gonna make mashed potatoes to go with.

My 18 year old DD will be fixing our dinner tonight. I think she is going to saute ground pork with onions, and potatoes, and have corn as a side.

I'm trying the grilled chicken al fresco tonight.

Lisa, I saw the picture you posted of your family. You have some nice looking kids- They look very close.

They are close Levi 24, Ashley 22, Tanner 20 (Carly his wife is 20), and is Lendzy 18.

The picture was at Thanksgiving, and now Levi has moved to Kansas City, MO just 2 1/2 weeks ago. He also proposed to Char on New Years Eve.I personally think they are great and beautiful kids, but I might be a little partial.

janezapchef said:
I'm trying the grilled chicken al fresco tonight.

Hey Jane, I'm coming over, be there in about 10 minutes! :D

Making a quick red sauce to top the tortellini I picked up the other day.

I found a 2 lb pork loin in the freezer (We are eating from our pantry this week - so using what I have!) and then found a recipe online that I tweaked quite a bit to come up with my own recipe!:D

1/2 Cup Agave Nectar (called for brown sugar....)
1/2 Cup Applesauce
2 tsp Cinn + spice blend
2 cloves garlic
salt & pepper.

Mixed these together, and poured it over the roast, along with some apple wedges and sweet potato chunks. It's in the oven right now (In my DCB, of course!) and it's beginning to smell verrrry good!

Also having make-ahead mashed potatoes, and steamed green and yellow beans. (frozen from my garden this summer.:chef:)

Oh - here is the original recipe for the pork:

EASY ROAST PORK

2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 pounds boneless pork loin roast

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly flour an oven bag.
In a small bowl, blend brown sugar, applesauce, and ginger.
Place pork roast in the prepared oven bag. Pour the brown sugar mixture over the roast. Seal bag, and cut several small slits in the top.
Cook the roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

Last edited:
I am making stuffed green peppers tonight.

Bren706 said:
I am making stuffed green peppers tonight.

Are you feeling up to that Brenda? :D

I say that, because when I was pregnant - that was one of the smells that would just put me over the edge, and I'd be running for the toilet!:yuck:

DH has been whining lately, wants something new....:rolleyes:
soooooooooo I'm making him roasted Lamb Shanks :yuck: (I'm not a Lamb person) Maybe it will shut him up for awhile....;)

I think I am ordering pizza tonight.

Well, my chicken wasn't completely defrosted and DH said that if we ordered pizza, I'd have to go pick it up. And I don't want to leave the house. So I made a box of mac n cheese, then added a can of tuna and some broccoli.

Ginger428 said:
DH has been whining lately, wants something new....:rolleyes:

Rae's Rule: Whiners make dinner.

The poor kid has been asking every night for the last month if we can order pizza for dinner. We kept telling him we have no money for it. Since I got a really nice check today at work, I just might do that. Besides, the guys are at wrestling practice and I'm still sick and don't feel like cooking, plus They have eaten up all of the leftovers.

chefann said:
I've been trying to eat through the stuff in the pantry and freezer, so today I dug a frozen chicken out. We'll be having 30-min chicken with potatoes and carrots.

If you have leftover chicken, it goes great in a cheesy broccoli and rice casserole. We did this last night. I'll send the recipe, if you would like it:chef:

Get_Pampered said:
If you have leftover chicken, it goes great in a cheesy broccoli and rice casserole. We did this last night. I'll send the recipe, if you would like it:chef:
Thanks. But the chicken got pushed to tomorrow. Leftovers will end up in the Mexican lasagna for my meeting on Friday.

Filet mignon, salad and fake mashed potatoes

ChefBeckyD said:
I found a 2 lb pork loin in the freezer (We are eating from our pantry this week - so using what I have!) and then found a recipe online that I tweaked quite a bit to come up with my own recipe!:D

1/2 Cup Agave Nectar (called for brown sugar....)
1/2 Cup Applesauce
2 tsp Cinn + spice blend
2 cloves garlic
salt & pepper.

Mixed these together, and poured it over the roast, along with some apple wedges and sweet potato chunks. It's in the oven right now (In my DCB, of course!) and it's beginning to smell verrrry good!

Also having make-ahead mashed potatoes, and steamed green and yellow beans. (frozen from my garden this summer.:chef:)

Oh - here is the original recipe for the pork:

EASY ROAST PORK

2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 pounds boneless pork loin roast

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly flour an oven bag.
In a small bowl, blend brown sugar, applesauce, and ginger.
Place pork roast in the prepared oven bag. Pour the brown sugar mixture over the roast. Seal bag, and cut several small slits in the top.
Cook the roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

Okay - this turned out really well!

DH made a little piggy of himself. He doesn't usually say much one way or another, but tonight he told me to mark this recipe so that I can make it again! I thickened the liquid to make a gravy, and he loved it over the potatoes!

raebates said:
Rae's Rule: Whiners make dinner.

LOL...I'll have to remember that for next time....Thanks!! ;)

I was going to do honey lime chicken enchiladas but I forgot the chicken on the stove. Luckily it was off (didnt turn burner on) so threw the chicken out since I wasnt sure it was good. Now I need to figure something else out. Dominos sure sounds good to me.

DH made burgers and sauted zucchini and mushrooms.

I made the new chocolate caramel pecan cakes... Not that impressed, I'm afraid.

I'll see if I have time to do a review.

ChefBeckyD said:
Are you feeling up to that Brenda? :D

I say that, because when I was pregnant - that was one of the smells that would just put me over the edge, and I'd be running for the toilet!:yuck:

I have no aversions (sp?) to smells yet. There was one day when I made DH grill some chicken breasts with BBQ sauce on the grill (while I lay in bed) and I could not stand the smell. I had to leave the room.

chefsteph07 said:
Hey Jane, I'm coming over, be there in about 10 minutes! :D

Darn! We had plenty! Are you stuck in the snow? :D

This was really good, by the way! I cooked it about 4 minutes longer than called for because the noodles didn't seem done. It was perfect!

janezapchef said:
Darn! We had plenty! Are you stuck in the snow? :D

This was really good, by the way! I cooked it about 4 minutes longer than called for because the noodles didn't seem done. It was perfect!

Yeah, DH called off today after he witnessed the garbage truck sliding into our yard this morning...that was all he needed to stay home!
I made the penne chicken on Monday and I loved it...

1. What are some quick and easy dinner options?

Some quick and easy dinner options include pasta dishes, stir fry, and grilled chicken or fish with vegetables.

2. How can I make dinner more nutritious?

You can make dinner more nutritious by incorporating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins into your meals. You can also try using whole grains instead of refined grains, and reducing the amount of added sugars and unhealthy fats.

3. How can I save money on dinner?

To save money on dinner, try planning your meals ahead of time and buying ingredients in bulk. You can also look for deals and coupons at your local grocery store, and try cooking at home instead of eating out.

4. What are some vegetarian or vegan dinner options?

Some vegetarian or vegan dinner options include vegetable stir fry, bean burritos, veggie burgers, and tofu stir fry. You can also try experimenting with different grains and legumes to create hearty and filling meals.

5. How can I make dinner more interesting and varied?

To make dinner more interesting and varied, try incorporating different herbs, spices, and sauces into your meals. You can also try experimenting with different cuisines and flavors, and incorporating new and unique ingredients into your dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • rennea