• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the Menu Tonight? BBQ, Chicken Fajitas, and More!

In summary, the conversation includes plans for a BBQ dinner, a discussion about other dinner options, and a recipe for split pea sausage soup. One person is craving donuts and another is starting a diet.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are firing up the BBQ! I don't care that it is still freaking cold here I can't take the weather any longer...

We are having pork chops and potato packets. Garden salad on the side :)

Lastnight we had yummy chicken and dumplings:chef:

dinner out for DH birthday no idea what eh will pick

Still feeling a bit crappy. Plus, I'm headed out to attend another DS company party tonight. I think I'll pick up a pizza.

It's cold and dreary here today. It's a good soup day!:D

I have Crock Pot Split Pea w/ Sausage Soup going - but instead of sausage, I'm using the meaty hambone I saved from Sunday.

It smells so good already - I'm wishing I could have a bowl for lunch!

To be perfectly honest, the only thing that sounds good at the moment is donuts. I won't be having any, but that's what sounds good. Why is it always donuts?

ChefBeckyD said:
It's cold and dreary here today. It's a good soup day!:D

I have Crock Pot Split Pea w/ Sausage Soup going - but instead of sausage, I'm using the meaty hambone I saved from Sunday.

It smells so good already - I'm wishing I could have a bowl for lunch!

MMMMM - My mom used to always make this, but since we moved to New England she hasn't. Always hated it as a kid, but have been craving it for about a year now.

Krista Burson said:
MMMMM - My mom used to always make this, but since we moved to New England she hasn't. Always hated it as a kid, but have been craving it for about a year now.

Here's the recipe I use from Allrecipes.com...with my changes in red!

Slow Cooker Split Pea Sausage Soup

* 1 pound dried split peas
* 10 cups water I use 8 cups chicken broth - no water)
* 1 pound smoked sausage of your choice, sliced Good with ham too!
* 5 cubes chicken bouillon (don't use this)
* 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot I use 2 cups
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder I use two cloves, pressed in.
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano I use Italian Seasoning
* 2 bay leaves
* 1 onion, chopped

1. In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the peas, water, sausage, bouillon, carrot, celery, potatoes, garlic powder, oregano, bay leaves, and onion.
2. Cover, and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours. Remove bay leaves before ladling into bowls.

FOOTNOTES

If you do not have a slow cooker, combine all ingredients in a large pot. Simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 hours, stirring often.

I'm making Chicken Fajitas in the DCB for a show tonight. I won't be eating much. No idea what the family will have.

I started my diet today. Blech.

1. What is the "What's for Dinner?" promotion on April 14?

The "What's for Dinner?" promotion on April 14 is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef where we will be showcasing our latest and most popular dinner recipes. It's a great opportunity to discover new dishes and get inspired for your next meal!

2. Is there a cost to participate in the "What's for Dinner?" event?

No, there is no cost to participate in the "What's for Dinner?" event. It is completely free for anyone to join and enjoy our recipes and cooking demonstrations.

3. Will there be any discounts or promotions offered during the "What's for Dinner?" event?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions offered during the "What's for Dinner?" event. Make sure to tune in and take advantage of these limited time offers.

4. Can I still participate if I am not available on April 14?

Yes, you can still participate in the "What's for Dinner?" event even if you are not available on April 14. The event will be available for viewing on our website and social media channels, so you can catch up and try out the recipes at your convenience.

5. How do I access the recipes featured during the "What's for Dinner?" event?

You can access the recipes featured during the "What's for Dinner?" event on our website or social media channels. We will also be sending out a digital recipe booklet to all participants after the event, so you can have the recipes on hand for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
rennea
  • rennea