• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Cookin'...monday, September 20

In summary, the conversation included discussions about busy and hectic schedules, cooking with leftovers, making hamburgers with southwest seasoning, roasting and pureeing pumpkins, and trying out a new gluten-free pancake recipe. There was also mention of a Facebook post and plans to go to Olive Garden for dinner.
pamperedbybarbara
Good Morning...Happy Monday!!!

No cheffer birthdays:(

Today starts CCD for DD and my DS is volunteering his time and giving homework help to younger students (grades 1-8)...busy, hectic night....so... we are having leftover from yesterday when I made a big pot of sauce, extra meatballs, and ziti....all I do is cover the bottom of my 12" skillet w/sauce, add ziti, mozzerella cheese and saute it up!! I either slice the leftover meatballs in half and cook them with everything or I simmer extra sauce and reheat the meatballs that way!!...Easy!!!!!:chef:

Have a great day, everyone!!!!

As long as I don't get forced into working overtime tonight we are going to Olive Garden for Never Ending Pasta.

We had hamburgers but my husband will not let me make hamburgers without mixing southwest seasoning in them. This is the only ingredient besides the beef and they are the best hamburgers ever :)

I roasted 5 Pie pumpkins and pureed them today - yield was 5 freezer bags of 16 oz. pureed pumpkin.:chef:

So for dinner, we had gluten free pumpkin pancakes, with real butter and maple syrup, and homemade maple sausage. YUM!

One boy wanted a hash brown and the other wanted corn dogs.. since I wanted us to have something that resembled dinner.. I won :) I had my sons (3 and 6yrs) help me make a breakfast casserole w/ hashbrowns, egg whites, low fat cream cheese, shredded cheese and turkey sausage. It was good and they ate it since they got to help :)

ChefBeckyD said:
I roasted 5 Pie pumpkins and pureed them today - yield was 5 freezer bags of 16 oz. pureed pumpkin.:chef:

So for dinner, we had gluten free pumpkin pancakes, with real butter and maple syrup, and homemade maple sausage. YUM!

Becky, Can I have your recipe for gluten free pumpkin pancakes?

Here is what I just posted on FB:

Today I roasted and pureed 5 pie pumpkins. No shortage of pumpkin in the Deemter household! :) I got 5 freezer containers of 16 oz. pumpkin puree. Well, 4 1/2 now...since I used part of a container to make Pumpkin Pancakes for dinner. They were a HIT. These were not just great gluten-free pancakes...they were just plain GREAT pancakes. They were also free of refined sugar - making them even better. The recipe inspiration came from here: Hope For Healing - another great blog I've found with lots of great info and recipes. Of course, being me, I couldn't just make the recipe as written - I had to tweak it quite a bit. :)

1 cup of almond meal (in a food processor or coffee grinder)

1/2 cup of sorghum flour

3/4 cup of tapioca flour

1 TB of baking powder

1/2 ts. of sea salt

2 TB of palm sugar or agave nectar

1/2 TB of vanilla (using The Pampered Chef double strength...if using regular, use a full TBL.)

2 TB of oil, either coconut (slightly melted) or light olive oil

2 large farm fresh eggs

1 TB of Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend

1 TB of Cinnamon

1/2 cup of rice milk. (a little more milk if your pumpkin is really thick)

Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and make sure the texture is thick and "creamy" and you start to see some bubbles popping up from the baking powder.

Ladle spoonfuls of the batter onto the double burner griddle (no need to oil). This recipe will make about 8 large pancakes, or 12 small one. Make sure when you drop the batter in the frying pan to spread out just a bit with your ladle or spoon to make sure it thins out just a bit.

not feeling so hot today...McDonals it is!

We're having chicken spaghetti!!! Made 3 pans of it. Two for the freezer and one for tonight's dinner.

Thanks Becky!

ChefBeckyD said:
... The recipe inspiration came from here: Hope For Healing - another great blog I've found with lots of great info and recipes. ....

Thanks for this great site, BeckyD...The recipes look so good, I might even try some!!!

chefheidi2003 said:
As long as I don't get forced into working overtime tonight we are going to Olive Garden for Never Ending Pasta.

WOOHOO!! No forced overtime. Olive Garden was YUMMY!

1. What is on the menu for "What's Cookin'...monday, September 20"?

For this week's "What's Cookin'", we will be featuring a delicious and hearty chicken pot pie.

2. What ingredients do I need for the chicken pot pie?

You will need chicken breast, frozen peas and carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, chicken broth, heavy cream, flour, salt, pepper, and your choice of pie crust.

3. Can I substitute any ingredients in the chicken pot pie recipe?

Of course! You can customize the recipe to your liking by using different vegetables or a different type of protein, such as tofu or beef. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. How long does it take to make the chicken pot pie?

The prep time for this recipe is about 20 minutes and the baking time is around 35-40 minutes. So, in total, it should take about an hour to make the chicken pot pie.

5. Can I make the chicken pot pie ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the pie filling and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking. You can also freeze the unbaked pie for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara