• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Like for Christmas and for 2008 From Ho?

In summary, the author wants more support for part-time and hobby consultants, more formatting options on PWS, the acceptance of forged cutlery for sharpening, and more directorship rules that focus on training and recruiting.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Here are a few from me:

1. Hit counters for our websites.

2. E-mails on important things (like commission statements not going out) to all consultants not just upper-level directors since most directors don't pass them on.

3. More support and realization that part-time and hobby consultants run important businesses too - granted HO does a GREAT job with training, but they focus a lot on things and campaigns for full-time consultants without having a scaled down version for the rest.

I agree on the important messages from HO. I get more of those here than I ever have from upline.

a fundraiser program that's easier to market because it's more in line with what other companies offer percentage-wise

another licensed vendor so we can "vote with our wallets" instead of being forced to buy from Merrill

I want all of the same things Janet & Ann want!

1. Website hit counter

2. Better fundraisier program

3. Small Santuko forged knife

4. Less P3 updates for me to have to wait on before I can submit a show. Or give me the option to download after I submit.

5. To have host specials and half price items be commissionable. Even if not at the ame rate, I think we should get some type of commission off them.

Ooh- related to Jennifer's #4- a "bypass" button that will hold the update until I'm ready for it.

And I totally agree on Jennifer's #5, too! Or at least have the host specials and half-off count toward the trip points.

--
more opportunities for new consultants, who are more likely to need the training, to earn Conference registration at a discount. Or offer a discount based on how long (within the current calendar year) one has been a consultant - bigger discount for newer consultants.

People have mentioned this before...Personalized emails from our PWS. Let us create our own!

Isn't it funny how you think you have your list done, and then someone mentions something else you'd like? ;)

---
a few more formatting capabilities on PWS (like bulleted lists)

spell checker on PWS (I use Firefox, so that has one, but I see sites that could desperately use a spell checker.)

Last edited:
I thought of another one,

I wish when they offer the new products to us, they would do them all individually so we could pick and choose exactly what we want instead of having to get a package that we may not want it all.

Different host half price combos. Nobody took advantage of them this season except the knives. I wish they would put all the chef's tools in one combo.

I loved the idea that someone had a while back about "chips" for the simple additions. I had a host who wanted to see several different peices (dots, colored bowls, etc) to see what went better in her kitchen. I had to borrow some peices that I didn't have and lug them all to her show. Have "chips" would be better to show off all the colors without taking the actual product. Plus, she didn't even end up getting them, felt like a waste of my time!

jrstephens said:
I thought of another one,

I wish when they offer the new products to us, they would do them all individually so we could pick and choose exactly what we want instead of having to get a package that we may not want it all.

YES! This one too!!!

I am loving all the ideas listed about!!!

janetupnorth said:
3. More support and realization that part-time and hobby consultants run important businesses too - granted HO does a GREAT job with training, but they focus a lot on things and campaigns for full-time consultants without having a scaled down version for the rest.

This is my wish as well:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree with Ann, that we should at least get trip incentive points for half-price items the host gets. I've sold a bunch of cookware at half-off and didn't get anything from it except during POR, which is over now.

I would love an account like SLAH consultants have that holds like 5% of commission (or something like that) for supply orders. You don't have to pay out of pocket for supplies you just use the supply account the company has for you. I think that's how it works.

I would also love to see HO accept the forged cutlery back for sharpening.

I'd like to see a change in directorship rules. Some people are great recruiters but not managers, others are good trainers & managers but not recruiters. For example, I know someone who is a great recruiter but lost directorship because they're not very good at training and motivation. I know someone else who is a great trainer and motivator but can't recruit for anything. I'd like to see some way that those two could combine forces to build a team. They could build a great team together but right now, there is no way for that to happen.

oouuhh, I love all of these idea! :)

I'd like to have a "Consultant Promo Code" for PWS - so if we are offering a sale they can see what their discount would be. Granted it would take work on our part to make sure we delete that code. Also, the "consultant gift" could be deducted from our commission!

amy07 said:
I'd like to have a "Consultant Promo Code" for PWS - so if we are offering a sale they can see what their discount would be. Granted it would take work on our part to make sure we delete that code. Also, the "consultant gift" could be deducted from our commission!

Ooh - I like that one too!

Lower the trip incentive points !!!:love:

Get commission on Host half off items and past host!!!:love:

Higher % for fundraiser program!!!

Last edited:
i don't know if someone mentioned this, but i think we should get 50% off everything we buy. how are we expected to sell stuff if we, mostly referring to part-timers, make less than what it costs so we can't show it?

I agree with everything everyone else has said...... It would be nice to offer consultants email address from Pampered Chef. or being able to email host and potential clients from our website but not pre-filtered. I would love for them to raise the free hand half priced values. More efficient recipes in the seasons best.... less fancy and more towards home cooking styles.

Gosh, these are all great ideas! I can't think of anything else right now.

1. the option of buying all cookware as open stock, as well as in a set2. diabetic exchanges listed on the recipes in Season's Best

I would love it if we could somehow "catalog" a year's worth of shows on a cd to store, so it wouldn't necessarily HAVE to stay in our computer unless we wanted it to. This would take up a little less space on the program and on our personal computers, too.

It may or may not make a huge difference, really, but I'd like to have that choice. That way, if your computer were to "crash", you would have very easy access to your personal records, year by year, and could then choose how much you wanted to put back onto the computer itself. Make sense?

Paula

I'd also love a "counter" for my website.

As a Future Director, I also wish I could get an occasional HO lead. Not as many as Directors get, of course, but I wish I could get one once in awhile at least!!

As for the trips, I wish we would have an incentive that falls somewhere in between level one and two. I mean, it goes from 23,000 to something like 54,000 right now, I think. It would be nice if there was another "carrot" dangling, somewhere around 33,000. I think it would encourage more of us to strive a little harder...?

JMO
Paula

I'd like all of the above :)Especially open stock cookware and at least partial comission on host specials.

I have to say I agree with lots of these things, but I started feeling some major discontentment. I'm thankful that PC gives us the opportunity to earn so much. It was great earning a lot of the cookware free. Now I've earned the $3000 level new stuff free.
A counter on the website would be great, though.

JAE said:
I have to say I agree with lots of these things, but I started feeling some major discontentment. I'm thankful that PC gives us the opportunity to earn so much. It was great earning a lot of the cookware free. Now I've earned the $3000 level new stuff free.
A counter on the website would be great, though.

I personally am not discontented with the "gifts" already received...just like to give a wish list for next year. :D

I was happy to earn my skillet - used it last night for the first time - yeah!

I think people came up with some GREAT improvements. Hopefully HO will get some great ideas for the future.

chefann said:
I agree on the important messages from HO. I get more of those here than I ever have from upline.

a fundraiser program that's easier to market because it's more in line with what other companies offer percentage-wise

another licensed vendor so we can "vote with our wallets" instead of being forced to buy from Merrill

I agree with you Ann on the fundraiser issue and the Merrill Issue...I would like the ability to put my website link on a reputable business partners website...ie: My Aunt and Uncle are local Realtors, and very successful ones. She wanted to put a link to my website on their website as a part of their "Businesses and people we recommend", and I told her I couldn't. But thanks for thinking of me...

daniellemorgan said:
i don't know if someone mentioned this, but i think we should get 50% off everything we buy. how are we expected to sell stuff if we, mostly referring to part-timers, make less than what it costs so we can't show it?
I like your idea! I charged up a paid off credit card to get this business off the ground...I wasn't as busy as I was hoping and things came up, and the card still isn't paid off...

We work for an awesome company that treats us very well. But, as with all companies, families, organizations, etc. there is always room for improvement. I would love to have a counter on our websites. I would definately like to see a better fund-raiser program. I really liked the one that had certain products, but I also like to be able to offer the whole catalog...but a bigger commission for the organization is needed. And, I would like to be able to purchase all new products individually at 50% off. It never fails that what I want/need is spread out into all packages. I am able to give away a lot for gifts, but I still end up with some that I never use.

On the own to show thing, I've determined that having it there doesn't really sell it. I always seem to sell what I DIDN'T bring with that night...it's all about what you talk about.

For new people, do NOT go nuts buying things. HO has been changing products and giving us so many more new things you'd go broke keeping up if not earning it free.

What everyone else said!;) :D

I'd love lids for the simple additions bowls...nice lids sorta like the DCB lid...with a 'nob' on top.

The Old Kitchen Shears ...come back!

I would like to be able to send a monthly email newsletter from my website...and not have to pay for one! ...since I already pay for the website.

The spoon rest to be a bit bigger...not jumbo...but 1 inch bigger in diameter.
...maybe oval shape...

More options for us for door prizes on Paperwork/supply orders.
...maybe Rub size Sprinkles (like what we got at NC)...sample packets of spices, rubs...

And PLEASE...organize the Paperwork/Supply according to categories on P3 like
..."Door Prizes" "Pantry" "Invitations" "Products"...etc...
-- it takes me forever searching for things...and I'm always afraid I've forgotten something! There's even a column for it, but it says 'n/a'

A cookbook holder/protector?

AND most of ALL...I really want a steamer basket for my Executive Cookware...
`.`.`.`.`.` I got the 7-pc set with my points(WeeHaa!!! :) )...and have to put my old RevereWare basket in it...it sits on the rim..and i'm afraid it's gonna scratch it all up!

Microfiber Dishclothes...come back!

Pictures of all the recipes in SB.

Replacement dish for the Spoon Rest!

Love the Microfiber Dishcloths!

These are all great suggestions!!!

I really like the all samples at 50% off instead of the packages.

I totally agree with:

More PWS options

Give us a dollar amount for what we earn for new products and then let US pick what we want to get (get away from "packaged" lists). Just like how they did with POR.

I would also like to see enhancement month changed or at least give it to us twice a year. April is difficult for some because Conference money is due.

Everyone has such good ideas.

Thought of another one:
A report in PP/P3 that will TOTAL the orders placed by a single customer within a desired time period, preferably also with a customizeable threshold. I get discouraged looking for top customers in a period, and having to add together their orders manually. Sure, PP/P3 can pull up a list of people who have ordered $50 (or whatever) or more, but it only looks at single orders. A customer who places a $20 order each month deserves as much thanks as someone who placed 2 $50 orders in a year.

I would loveTo see....

1) Hit counters for our website
2) When new products are offered- the opportunity to "bundle" how I would like.
3) Recognition for those part timers who do consistent business month in and month out.
4) At least "points" for hosts 1/2 priced items. Over the course of the past year I've sold a lot of cookware (unfortunatley not during POR) and it hurts when you don't get squat for that.

As far as fundraisers go - when I was at a retreat in October, we addressed this with Karen Longstin (excuse my spelling here). Fundraising is such a SMALL part of PC overall business, that they are not going to change the program - not worth it for them.

janetupnorth said:
On the own to show thing, I've determined that having it there doesn't really sell it. I always seem to sell what I DIDN'T bring with that night...it's all about what you talk about.

For new people, do NOT go nuts buying things. HO has been changing products and giving us so many more new things you'd go broke keeping up if not earning it free.
I agree! Selling is all about word choices and painting a visual...I don't take the entire set of cookware to my shows (just the 8" saute), but I still manage to sell some of those. Unless I'm using it, I don't take the DCB either...I manage to sell quite a few of these too.
My concern with a bigger discount for consultants is that may drive up the kit cost or product costs...

*A counter would be great on the PWS!
*Break apart the sample packs so we can choose...I only want 1 or 2 of the sample items in each pack not another pack of Twixit Clips that will be discontinued in 6 months! HA!
*Post important emails on CC or send to everyone!
*Much of what was already mentioned as well.

I love all the perks PC has and having just hosted a couple different DS shows... I LOVE that our hosts don't have to pay tax on the full value of thier "free" stuff like i had to do with these other shows... it's not really free if I have to pay tax on $250 worth of stuff is it? I also LOVE that as consultants we don't have to pay for the hosts 1/2 price items! These other companies may pay what appears to be bigger commissions but they COST the consultant TONS! I would hate to get some of these other things mentioned and put some of these great benefits at risk! The only desire I would have is that we could get trip points for our hosts 1/2 price items but I know that would then give me a vested interest in guiding them to make their choices to benefit me and not just them so maybe I don't really want that either. I'm normally not real indecisisive but today ... hmmmm ! :)

I would like to see a website search for a consultant. Like by state and name. Give a little bit more credit to those consultants who pay for the website. Just in case someone looses your name or something.

chefann said:
Thought of another one:
A report in PP/P3 that will TOTAL the orders placed by a single customer within a desired time period, preferably also with a customizeable threshold. I get discouraged looking for top customers in a period, and having to add together their orders manually. Sure, PP/P3 can pull up a list of people who have ordered $50 (or whatever) or more, but it only looks at single orders. A customer who places a $20 order each month deserves as much thanks as someone who placed 2 $50 orders in a year.
Oh Ann, that reminds me of past wishes!!!!Our data in a database like SQL that we can access ourselves to correct, modify or run reports off of, like Crystal Reports...then we can create our own! :)

ltkacz said:
As far as fundraisers go - when I was at a retreat in October, we addressed this with Karen Longstin (excuse my spelling here). Fundraising is such a SMALL part of PC overall business, that they are not going to change the program - not worth it for them.

But on the other hand, if it were a better program it would be easier for us to market and may become a bigger part of the business.

4) At least "points" for hosts 1/2 priced items. Over the course of the past year I've sold a lot of cookware (unfortunatley not during POR) and it hurts when you don't get squat for that.
Ditto to that.

My BIGGEST thing is that the write-in order form/receipts have the pantry total after the shipping is put in. In AK, we are not fortunate enough to have $4 shipping. I have had plenty of people who bring their orders in later confused that they have to add the pantry total in when they total their shipping. The outside order form has the pantry total put in before shipping, so why can't the other ones?

And $4 shipping would be nice since, after all, we ARE part of the United States and we use the same FedEx everyone else does, but I know that would take more than a miracle.

Counters for the PWS would be great.

I agree that all pieces of cookware should be able to be bought seperately, not just in the sets.

This is actually an email I sent to HO b/c I have a long list that I want.I also agree on the fundraiser rate. I DO stress that our prices don't increase like some companies do and it's our full catalog so everyone could use something. I think it stinks that the consultant AND the organization added together get less than what the hosts typically earn at a show. It's I'm going to earn 10% less, and the organization gets 10-15%, then I'M the one donating the money!!I TOO would LOVE to receive points for 1/2 price & host specials. I don't think that's too much to ask. It could even be 1/2 the price spent. I don't care. But when I have someone spend $700 on cookware (yes...all at 1/2 price!), I would like to receive something for that. I think that points would be great and that they could give us PC $ if they so desire (costs them less than commission).(1) I would like to be able to copy myself on messages sent to PC since I don't have record unless I print or copy it to a document.Personal Website
(2) Counter for traffic on website
(3) Ability to set up show for a past host and have their guests available from the last show so they don't have to retype. Even better, if they could upload a list from email.
(4) Ability to edit PWS messages more. Sometimes there is inapplicable information included. Also, there are times when I'd like to send an email regarding something I have coming up (booth, etc) and there is no way to do that.
(5) More News Items
(6) Ability to use more HTML codingPC Website
(7) Easier to search for a past host # in case there are different name options. Jen, Jenny, Jennifer, etc. Also, sometimes states aren't known. We live close to a border. I think that on the personal website this is already possible for show look up. I would also love if it showed names for a little over a year, just so I know that I typed it in right and that it IS expired.
(8) Possible to look up consultant if you have name and city/state? Or the ability for customers to at least look up a website. Even if they were aware that .biz/firstlastname is a good possibility would be very helpful. It's very long to remember.
(9) Possible to have a personal pampered chef email in the future?
(10) Option for color outside order forms when appropriate (like for colored products that they can't see in the catalog).

Along with the many requests listed above, I would like to be able to sort the shows listed on PWS by date or host name, etc.

How about the serve it up squad include a visit from a professional organizer to come in and help set up an efficient Pampered Chef work space. Have a camera crew/Dream Patrol tape the process and then show it at the next conference. I know there are time management consultants out there too that might also be an exciting option. I would love to watch and learn from the process.

Awe man.... Am I a thread killer now??? I thought it was a good idea really I did!:eek:

I want to make over rides on my first recruit. I worked hard to recruit her and she is fabulous. I make nothing. I would be encouraged by some compensation. I feel like I work so hard.

<h2>1. What is a hit counter and why would I want one for my Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>A hit counter is a tool that tracks the number of visitors to your website. It can give you valuable information about your website's traffic and help you identify which pages or products are the most popular. Having a hit counter on your Pampered Chef website can also help you measure the success of your marketing efforts and track the growth of your business.</p><h2>2. Why don't all consultants receive important emails from HO, such as commission statements?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we strive to communicate important information to all of our consultants, regardless of their level. However, with a large number of consultants, it can be challenging to ensure that everyone receives every email. We encourage all consultants to regularly check their email and the HO website for important updates and announcements.</p><h2>3. Will HO provide more support and resources for part-time and hobby consultants in the future?</h2><p>We understand that every consultant runs their business differently and that part-time and hobby consultants are just as important to the success of Pampered Chef as full-time consultants. We are constantly working to provide a variety of resources and training that cater to all types of consultants. If you have specific suggestions or requests, please feel free to reach out to us.</p>

Related to What Would You Like for Christmas and for 2008 From Ho?

1. What is a hit counter and why would I want one for my Pampered Chef website?

A hit counter is a tool that tracks the number of visitors to your website. It can give you valuable information about your website's traffic and help you identify which pages or products are the most popular. Having a hit counter on your Pampered Chef website can also help you measure the success of your marketing efforts and track the growth of your business.

2. Why don't all consultants receive important emails from HO, such as commission statements?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to communicate important information to all of our consultants, regardless of their level. However, with a large number of consultants, it can be challenging to ensure that everyone receives every email. We encourage all consultants to regularly check their email and the HO website for important updates and announcements.

3. Will HO provide more support and resources for part-time and hobby consultants in the future?

We understand that every consultant runs their business differently and that part-time and hobby consultants are just as important to the success of Pampered Chef as full-time consultants. We are constantly working to provide a variety of resources and training that cater to all types of consultants. If you have specific suggestions or requests, please feel free to reach out to us.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
thebowman
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views