• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds?

In summary, a person received a lead from a company called Melaleuca and they told the person that they had already become director and would make $500 a month. The person then asked how PC was going and the person told them amazing. The person then told the person that they could come do a visual presentation for them. The person then received another marketing call.
LauriChick
So I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen before and if it's a scam:

I received a HO lead the other day for someone who was interested in the biz. I called her up and she tells me that she was but she also just met with someone from Melaleuca and she signed right up and was no longer interested in PC. That was Monday. So today, I receive a call back from her. She says this is so and so I was interested in PC (of course I perk right up!) Then goes on to tell me how excited she is about her new biz op and wants to tell me about! (Really?!) She goes well I've already become director and will make $500. So she then asks me how PC is going, of course I tell her amazing (I just closed out a $7,000+ month!:D) and let her know what my commission check is this month and let her know about my team. As she goes on about residual income and how she will always get at least $180 a month. She tells me to think about it and she can come do a visual presentation for me, because this is a visual thing to under stand (pyramid scheme?)

Has anyone gotten leads like this. Where they "signed" already before you call them and try and recruit you?

Lauri

Haven't had it happen as a Lead, but yes - Melaluca is a SCAM. It's most definitely a Pyramid Scheme.

I know people talk about how much they love their product...but any company where they want you to sign before even so much as trying the product is a scam to me. It's all about getting people to sign under you, not selling a good product. Oh, and you can't just buy something - you have to sign up for a continuing automatic shipment...which in essence, makes you also a distributor.

And yes - I've had more than one Melaluca rep be dishonest with me in their presentation of themselves and their company.

ChefBeckyD said:
Haven't had it happen as a Lead, but yes - Melaluca is a SCAM. It's most definitely a Pyramid Scheme.

I know people talk about how much they love their product...but any company where they want you to sign before even so much as trying the product is a scam to me. It's all about getting people to sign under you, not selling a good product. Oh, and you can't just buy something - you have to sign up for a continuing automatic shipment...which in essence, makes you also a distributor.

And yes - I've had more than one Melaluca rep be dishonest with me in their presentation of themselves and their company.

Yep. If you want to buy you have to buy every month. It's ridiculous.

There is a scam going through other DS companies. I received an email from a TS friend alerting me to it. Lets just say- get payment ALWAYS from a customer BEFORE you order their products and have them shipped.

Yea it was so sketchy. Espceially the part when she said "They wanted me to call everyone"
Not that I would ever get involved of course.

Sad that you lost out on a lead for a marketing thing. :(

I received this e-mail today:

Hi!

I noticed you have a Pampered Chef business. How is it going for you? I hope well.

I'm trying to contact you because I was wondering
if you've heard about the Walmart Giftcard /Grocery program.

If I could show you how to spend $200 one time to drastically reduce or eliminate your ongoing grocery bills, would you want to know how?

My team checked this out back in June and we originally passed.
Since then we have spoken to the owners of the company and
several attorneys, and our only regret is that we didn't get started
sooner.

There are 2 schools of thought when something looks too good
to be true:
1. When something looks too good to be true, it probably is
2. When something looks too good to be true, you should check
it out

While checking it out over the past 4 months, the company has grown
from 400 reps to over 50,000 reps.

Ive been fortunate enough to team up with
2 Legends of the industry in Dale Calvert and Richard Ireland.

* We already have a complete F.R.E.E system in place
* Full training and support with lead capture pages
* No monthly commitment
* No auto-ship
* No monthly website fee

If you're looking for an additional opportunity in addition to your
Pampered Chef business, take a moment to review the link.

Kim Mishler wants you to see this recorded webinar!!!

You will be truly amazed!!

If you're interested, let me know. If not, I wish you only the best!

Thank you!
Kim Mishler
(925) 462-6780

And I also got another marketing call today from 206-888-2303.
I have only been getting spammed with the calls and now e-mail since I signed up with PC. Is this normal?

Its becoming the norm- but not just because we are with PC though. I think it's just the "way of the world". People always looking for ways to suck someone else in for THEM to make a quick buck. I have been getting the recorded voicemails on my cell phone, and NOW they are saying "I got your number from your website". They tell me to call this number for a recording....so even if I call to blast someone or tell them to quit- it won't matter, because it is a recording. ANd I don't want to find out it was a toll-charged number. Plus- the incoming call comes from a different number every time, so I can't even block it.

I've also had various reps call me to try to recruit me- they got my name/number from a local newspaper ad. I finally stopped the ad. Those were the only calls I'd get. I would NEVER DREAM of doing that to someone!

Unfortunately, not sure there is much we can do but tell them to stick it you-know-where...nicely of course! :angel:

They have to be getting the info somewhere and I just started, so I'm really not out there. My town is small...Either way, I agree on telling them you-know-what! ;)

I buy Melaluca and I don't think it's a scam. They have really great products that are chemical free. Yes they do have you buy every month, but you buy the household products anyway, plus their makeup and vitamins are good (If I would remember to take them) The sol-umel they sell will literally get out any stain, old or new, and I can clean my shower and not gag on fumes with their stuff. I wouldn't go back to using the store stuff ever. I don't get people to buy, I'm just a customer and have been for many years.

Careyann said:
I buy Melaluca and I don't think it's a scam. They have really great products that are chemical free. Yes they do have you buy every month, but you buy the household products anyway, plus their makeup and vitamins are good (If I would remember to take them) The sol-umel they sell will literally get out any stain, old or new, and I can clean my shower and not gag on fumes with their stuff. I wouldn't go back to using the store stuff ever. I don't get people to buy, I'm just a customer and have been for many years.
Yes, but they are often dishonest/sneaky in how they represent themselves and the company. See the original post as an example. (and are trained to be that way) That makes it a scam.I would gladly buy a couple of their products AS NEEDED but I refuse to be locked into something where I am forced to purchase every month whether I need it or not.I live in the "Mecca" of Pyramid Companies (Amway, Quikstar, etc...) and we are very sensitive to these kinds of ploys in this area. It has been a huge barrier I've had to overcome for recruiting, etc... People tend to shy away from anything that isn't completely up front and honest, because we've all been inundated with Amway Reps, etc...and this company seems to be using the same playbook.

Has anyone heard of Monavie? I have a friend who recently started selling their Juice. DH and I were really impressed with the product. My friends recruiter was trying to recruit us. She was making it nearly impossible to just buy the product. It sounds basically the same, recruit, recruit, recruit. If all you do is recruit and not sell, then it is a scam.
That is what I love about PC. You can make good money without recruiting!!!!!

Same with Zija. It's all the rage around here right now. Just waitin for the collapse....

I am a big fan of Melaleuca. Pyramid??? Have you looked at our business lately? Recruit, recruit, recruit...make your money from your recruits, feed off others. You can be a top seller but you are not coming on a trip you need recruits or else..... I'm doing this as a hobby but am selling more than full time consultants. The rewards I benefit from can only be from the monthly sales. No recruits, too bad, we'll take your sales but no more rewards for you. We are all in the same business!

Chef Gilles said:
I am a big fan of Melaleuca. Pyramid??? Have you looked at our business lately? Recruit, recruit, recruit...make your money from your recruits, feed off others. You can be a top seller but you are not coming on a trip you need recruits or else..... I'm doing this as a hobby but am selling more than full time consultants. The rewards I benefit from can only be from the monthly sales. No recruits, too bad, we'll take your sales but no more rewards for you. We are all in the same business!
Not true.Top Sellers can earn the trip without recruits. And - even if you don't earn a trip - there are PLENTY of other benefits that PC provides because of your sales...FREE product, and lots of other gifts that can be earned. And PC is not a Pyramid. I think you need to look up the definition of pyramid scheme. For them - the top people don't WORK...they just earn income from those they've recruited. With PC - everyone must still pull their weight in the work they do - all the way up to the NED's.

I don't know the structures of other companies well enough to comment on them, but I do know that The Pampered Chef is not a pyramid. I've had to explain that to scoffers.The thing that makes PC NOT a pyramid is the fact that most of your money is made from your own sales, secondly from the sales of your team. Pyramids are all about signing people up, and they purchase their kits/product from YOU.Yes, there's a lot of stress placed on recruiting. That's everywhere. In my first 5 years of business I didn't have a single recruit who qualified. Still, I had a thriving business. Now that I have a team, it is only by maintaining sales that I can maintain my team.

In all fairness, pyramid schemes are illegal. While Melaleuca may not work like PC or even TW or MK, it is still a legal direct sales company, and even a member of the Direct Selling Association, just like PC is. You may not like their product, or even their selling/recruiting practices, but they're not a pyramid scheme.Just my two cents.

Thanks for the reminder, Noora.

I honestly didn't know that Melaleuca was still around any longer. DH and I were in the business back in the early 90's but didn't stay in for a very long time. It became very time consuming for us and though we did make money, it just didn't seem to balance out with the time we were having to invest.

I did like their products but not enough for us to stay in the business.

LauriChick said:
So I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen before and if it's a scam:

I received a HO lead the other day for someone who was interested in the biz. I called her up and she tells me that she was but she also just met with someone from Melaleuca and she signed right up and was no longer interested in PC. That was Monday. So today, I receive a call back from her. She says this is so and so I was interested in PC (of course I perk right up!) Then goes on to tell me how excited she is about her new biz op and wants to tell me about! (Really?!) She goes well I've already become director and will make $500. So she then asks me how PC is going, of course I tell her amazing (I just closed out a $7,000+ month!:D) and let her know what my commission check is this month and let her know about my team. As she goes on about residual income and how she will always get at least $180 a month. She tells me to think about it and she can come do a visual presentation for me, because this is a visual thing to under stand (pyramid scheme?)

Has anyone gotten leads like this. Where they "signed" already before you call them and try and recruit you?

Lauri

Shouldn't this be reported to HO? It would appear the gal who was looking for more info about the PC biz was only looking for another contact. She played the system. Not entirely sure of all the in's and out's of the Lead System, but what about the next lead....will that not go to the next person on Lead System list? Hasn't Lauri now "lost" the next lead? Again, not sure if that is right or not. Imagine if the next lead is not Lauri's because of this Melaluca gal and that next lead is a biz opportunity that works her tail off - a CK Hall type of lead?? (Just read her "retiring" post, so her name & accomplishments were top of mind)

But either way, I think HO should be made aware there is another DS company out there (pyramid and illegal or legit & legal....doesn't matter) that is playing our Lead System.

If Melaluca is indeed a member of the DSA, you can bet Ms. Christopher is going to want to know a DSA member is playing The Pampered Chef lead system!

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Debbie

debbie mc said:
If Melaluca is indeed a member of the DSA, you can bet Ms. Christopher is going to want to know a DSA member is playing The Pampered Chef lead system!

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Debbie

Yes Ma'am! You can bet it needs to be reported!

I'm sorry if I was not super clear on this. I am not concerned about the actual companies, just more of the abuse of our lead system.

It's awesome to get a genuine lead! But if other DS companies are abusing our system to try and build their systems not's not really cool. That's more about what the point of the post was about. Of course we would never go "request biz" info on their sites and try to recuit them, that's not cool. :yuck:

That's exactly what your original post sounded like--a concern about the way the lead system was being used. In true CS fashion, the thread warped into something else.

1. What is a "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds"?

A "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds" is a deceptive sales technique used by some direct sales representatives to attract potential customers. It involves using exaggerated claims and false promises to make products or opportunities seem more appealing than they actually are.

2. How can I recognize a "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds"?

Some red flags that may indicate a "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds" include promises of quick and easy success, claims of high earnings without providing evidence, pressure to make a purchase or sign up immediately, and requests for personal information or money upfront. Trust your instincts and do your research before making any decisions.

3. Are all direct sales companies involved in "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds"?

No, not all direct sales companies use this deceptive tactic. However, it is important for consumers to be cautious and do their due diligence when considering any direct sales opportunity or product.

4. What should I do if I suspect a "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds"?

If you believe you have encountered a "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds", it is important to report it to the appropriate authorities. This can include the Federal Trade Commission or your state's consumer protection agency. You can also reach out to the direct sales company directly to voice your concerns.

5. How can I protect myself from falling for a "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds"?

To protect yourself from falling for a "Sound Like a Ho Lead Scam From Other Ds", it is important to carefully research any direct sales opportunity or product before making a decision. Look for reviews and testimonials from other customers, and be wary of any claims that seem too good to be true. Additionally, trust your instincts and do not feel pressured to make a purchase or sign up for anything that makes you uncomfortable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
CoidgigBese
  • pamperedlinda