• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What worries me about Obama's policies?

In summary, Cathy does not like the idea of national healthcare because she does not think it is a good thing for the people or the country. She also does not think that unions, social programs, etc. have been successful in adjusting to the new needs. She also thinks that the lack of leadership experience is a problem.
chefruthie said:
Do you think it might have anything to do with the YEARS OF TORTURE he went through???

I have no doubt! Considering the man can't lift his arms up!

chefruthie said:
Do you think it might have anything to do with the YEARS OF TORTURE he went through???

I think it has more to do with the vibrant personality that Reagan had. McCain seems like a nice guy, but he isn't exactly "inspiring" in the personality department.

Hathery said:
What do you mean?

Constantly in the media we see opinions formed on one characteristic or trait - both ways.

She's a woman...
He's old...
He's black...
He's rich...
He cannot pronounce words right...

This is BOTH WAYS. People out there actually form opinions on these things and vote based on those characteristics alone. That is wrong.

janetupnorth said:
Constantly in the media we see opinions formed on one characteristic or trait - both ways.

She's a woman...
He's old...
He's black...
He's rich...

This is BOTH WAYS. People out there actually form opinions on these things and vote based on those characteristics alone. That is wrong.

Gotcha. I sometimes wish our elections worked with us all just getting a piece of paper contrasting each candidate's position. We wouldn't see the candidate, hear them speak, or know anything about them...just see their positions and vote based upon them. It would be interesting to see how people would choose!

Hathery said:
Gotcha. I sometimes wish our elections worked with us all just getting a piece of paper contrasting each candidate's position. We wouldn't see the candidate, hear them speak, or know anything about them...just see their positions and vote based upon them. It would be interesting to see how people would choose!

That's almost the way it works for local elections in this area! We do get some mailers and some door to door campaigning, but I really like that the week before the elections, the local paper presents each candidate and their positions on different issues. That is the best for helping me decide how I am going to vote.

janetupnorth said:

She's a woman...
He's old...
He's black...
He's rich...

I totally agree. We need to look into the heart of the person and consider their words and their past actions. Whether the person is black, white, male, female, rich, poor should not matter. It's what they can do for the country.

The presidential nominees were voted for by their parties after much scrutiny and both deserve to be heard and listened to and then we need to vote for the one that we believe in the most. As far as the VP is concerned, they are picked by a committee put together by the nominee and then chosen by him. They were not picked by the people and need to become known by us since they are a heart beat from the presidency. That's the disturbing thing about Palin - we don't know her at all. She (or someone) won't let us get to know her. I will be voting for the president, not the VP, but who that person is has importance to me.

Hathery said:
That's true about abortion, but unfortunately many conservative politicians do not believe in welfare. So even if you do vote conservative b/c of the abortion issue, then you're likely voting for someone who disagrees with supporting econonically struggling families via the welfare system.

We don't disagree with welfare, we disagree with the abuse and misuse of the system...it used to be that you got job training so you could train for a different field when hard times hit you, now... MN for example has people that are bussed in from other states once a month to collect their welfare checks and they don't even live here! Not full time...

So, since you are not conservative...try not to say what you think we believe in...just ask us instead. If used properly it can be a good thing, but there are no checks and balances and the system is running amok...

PamperedCaniac said:
How To Save the Government $5 Million

How To Save the Government $5 Million

A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he is 80 years old.

Assuming the next president lives to age 80, Sen. McCain would receive ZERO
pension as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president. Sen. Obama
would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in
pension.

Therefore it would certainly make economic sense to elect McCain in November.

How's that for non partisan thinking???

I'm sorry- that made me chuckle! :)

Hathery said:
I think it has more to do with the vibrant personality that Reagan had. McCain seems like a nice guy, but he isn't exactly "inspiring" in the personality department.

but let's remember that Reagan was an actor first~not a military man or POW

Kitchen Diva said:
We don't disagree with welfare, we disagree with the abuse and misuse of the system...it used to be that you got job training so you could train for a different field when hard times hit you, now... MN for example has people that are bussed in from other states once a month to collect their welfare checks and they don't even live here! Not full time...

So, since you are not conservative...try not to say what you think we believe in...just ask us instead. If used properly it can be a good thing, but there are no checks and balances and the system is running amok...

I'm not saying what I "think" you believe in...I'm saying what the Republican voting record on the issue reflects.

Really, no one needs to school me on the welfare issue; I worked in the welfare office for 2 1/2 years.

Did anyone see McCain on the View?

chefsteph07 said:
Did anyone see McCain on the View?

Nope, but I saw Obama on Letterman 2 nights ago.

Ok, back to what scares us about Obama...

What scares me about Obama is the possibility that he might not win. :angel:

Hathery said:
What scares me about Obama is the possibility that he might not win. :angel:

Hey, that is a valid point for you. :D You have every right to be scared of that! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Hey, that is a valid point for you. :D You have every right to be scared of that! ;)

I do wish you'd seen Obama on Letterman though; even you'd have to admit he's pretty darn funny. ;)

David Letterman can make anyone funny. I didn't see it, so I'm not saying Obama wasn't funny. Just a comment.

Watch this video. (BTW, it has nothing to do with Obama being funny or not on Letterman): YouTube - Dear Mr. Obama

Hathery said:
I do wish you'd seen Obama on Letterman though; even you'd have to admit he's pretty darn funny. ;)
I saw part of it, but my list of daily activities and tasks is so long my body can't stay up that late too much!

janetupnorth said:
I saw part of it, but my list of daily activities and tasks is so long my body can't stay up that late too much!

That's why I'm thankful for DVR! :indif:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

BARACK OBAMA: The chicken crossed the road because it was time for a change! The chicken wanted change!

JOHN MC CAIN: My friends, that chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: When I was First Lady, I personally helped that little chicken to cross the road. This experience makes me uniquely qualified to ensure right from Day One! that every chicken in this country gets the chance it deserves to cross the road. But then, this really isn ' t about me.

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don ' t really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY: Where ' s my gun?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

JOHN KERRY: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken ' s intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white? We need some black chickens.

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won ' t realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he ' s acting by not taking on his current problems before adding new problems.

OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I ' m going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

NANCY GRACE: That chicken crossed the road because he ' s guilty! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN: To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

MARTHA STEWART: No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer ' s Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I ' ve not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain, alone.

JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay! Can ' t you people see the plain truth? That ' s why they call it the other side. Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay, too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases like the other side.That chicken should not be crossing the road. It ' s as plain and as simple as that.

GRANDPA: In my day we didn ' t ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn ' t that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES: I have just released eChicken 2008, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken 2008. This new platform is much more stable and will never crash or need to be rebooted.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one?

chefsteph07 said:
Why did the chicken cross the road?

BARACK OBAMA: The chicken crossed the road because it was time for a change! The chicken wanted change!

JOHN MC CAIN: My friends, that chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

HILLARY CLINTON: When I was First Lady, I personally helped that little chicken to cross the road. This experience makes me uniquely qualified to ensure right from Day One! that every chicken in this country gets the chance it deserves to cross the road. But then, this really isn ' t about me.

GEORGE W. BUSH: We don ' t really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.

DICK CHENEY: Where ' s my gun?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

BILL CLINTON: I did not cross the road with that chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

AL GORE: I invented the chicken.

JOHN KERRY: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken ' s intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

AL SHARPTON: Why are all the chickens white? We need some black chickens.

DR. PHIL: The problem we have here is that this chicken won ' t realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he ' s acting by not taking on his current problems before adding new problems.

OPRAH: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I ' m going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

NANCY GRACE: That chicken crossed the road because he ' s guilty! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN: To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

MARTHA STEWART: No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer ' s Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR SEUSS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I ' ve not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain, alone.

JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay! Can ' t you people see the plain truth? That ' s why they call it the other side. Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay, too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases like the other side.That chicken should not be crossing the road. It ' s as plain and as simple as that.

GRANDPA: In my day we didn ' t ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn ' t that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES: I have just released eChicken 2008, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken 2008. This new platform is much more stable and will never crash or need to be rebooted.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: Did I miss one?

:D That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

I heard about this yesterday where some democrat likened Obama to Jesus and Sarah Palin to Pontius Pilate. This morning I heard a guy say Obama should be the one likened to Pontius Pilate because when it came time to vote, Pilat's vote was "present". (You'd have to know the story of the events leading up to Jesus' death to get that, and most of you probably do know it.)

Anyway, here is an article:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=248028

JAE said:
I heard about this yesterday where some democrat likened Obama to Jesus and Sarah Palin to Pontius Pilate. This morning I heard a guy say Obama should be the one likened to Pontius Pilate because when it came time to vote, Pilat's vote was "present". (You'd have to know the story of the events leading up to Jesus' death to get that, and most of you probably do know it.)

I heard that on the radio too. I like how people can just dismiss Obama's service as a Senator because he sometimes chose not to make uninformed votes. Personally, I would prefer if people (constituents or otherwise) didn't vote on things when they don't know all the facts.

JAE said:

And people wonder why I'm concerned about Obama? This is a Democratic leader comparing Obama to the Savior of the world? Frightening!

I liked this quoted response at the end of the article.

"If Barack Obama is a community organizer, his resemblance to Jesus Christ stops right there. Cohen's remark could also be applied to Adolph Hitler. So, really, he hasn't said much other than to show us what a fool he is."

ChefBeckyD said:
And people wonder why I'm concerned about Obama? This is a Democratic leader comparing Obama to the Savior of the world? Frightening!

I liked this quoted response at the end of the article.

"If Barack Obama is a community organizer, his resemblance to Jesus Christ stops right there. Cohen's remark could also be applied to Adolph Hitler. So, really, he hasn't said much other than to show us what a fool he is."
Yes, it definitely was a very foolish remark. Funny how Jesus will be brought in by Dems right when they think they need him. But otherwise, Jesus must stay out of public arenas.

JAE said:
Yes, it definitely was a very foolish remark. Funny how Jesus will be brought in by Dems right when they think they need him. But otherwise, Jesus must stay out of public arenas.

Obama mentions his Christian faith often. He just doesn't believe in imposing it on others through policy.

Hathery said:
Obama mentions his Christian faith often. He just doesn't believe in imposing it on others through policy.

I think you are missing the point of the article and JAE's response.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think you are missing the point of the article and JAE's response.

No, I get it. I just think it was unfair to generalize how Democrats feel about Christianity.

Hathery said:
No, I get it. I just think it was unfair to generalize how Democrats feel about Christianity.
Also unfair to generalize how Christians feel about Democrats, or Obama, or other things...Or to generalize how Republicans feel about things.I'm finding so much IN THE MEDIA the last few days the need to tie conservative Christianity to the Republican party. In my heart I truly wish all Republicans were born-again Christians but the fact is most aren't. It is interesting the tie to it...it relates to your comment back a bit about thinking that Republicans force Christianity on people via policy and Obama doesn't.I can't think of much legislation of late that holds to principles in the Bible...except for:Thou shalt not murder.
Thou shalt not steal.Even coveting your neighbor's stuff is normal nowadays...

janetupnorth said:
Also unfair to generalize how Christians feel about Democrats, or Obama, or other things...

Or to generalize how Republicans feel about things.

I'm finding so much IN THE MEDIA the last few days the need to tie conservative Christianity to the Republican party.

In my heart I truly wish all Republicans were born-again Christians but the fact is most aren't.

It is interesting the tie to it...it relates to your comment back a bit about thinking that Republicans force Christianity on people via policy and Obama doesn't.

I can't think of much legislation of late that holds to principles in the Bible...except for:

Thou shalt not murder.
Thou shalt not steal.

Even coveting your neighbor's stuff is normal nowadays...

I agree. It's not fair to generalize...period. Unfortunately the media likes to push everyone into 2 groups; you're conservative or you're liberal. It's like there is seriously no middle ground. Not every Republican is conservative or Christian, and not every Democrat is a card-carrying ACLU member and atheist.

I agree that not much Christian theology is enforced in our government, but there are certainly a lot of people who would like to change that. Not saying I disagree with the theology, but I am very frightened of the idea of a one-church nation.

Hathery said:
I agree. It's not fair to generalize...period. Unfortunately the media likes to push everyone into 2 groups; you're conservative or you're liberal. It's like there is seriously no middle ground. Not every Republican is conservative or Christian, and not every Democrat is a card-carrying ACLU member and atheist.

I agree that not much Christian theology is enforced in our government, but there are certainly a lot of people who would like to change that. Not saying I disagree with the theology, but I am very frightened of the idea of a one-church nation.

I only see some who would like ideals and morals brought in, not a nationalized religion.

The problem is that we have taken God out of EVERYTHING including our schools. Something is wrong when you can read the Koran in school but can't have a Bible. ...and I am one who got in trouble for having one in HS...and that WAS NOT RECENTLY, that was a few decades ago already.

Separation of church and state does not mean do everything without God.

janetupnorth said:
I only see some who would like ideals and morals brought in, not a nationalized religion.

The problem is that we have taken God out of EVERYTHING including our schools. Something is wrong when you can read the Koran in school but can't have a Bible. ...and I am one who got in trouble for having one in HS...and that WAS NOT RECENTLY, that was a few decades ago already.

Separation of church and state does not mean do everything without God.

You're exactly right. Separation of church and state does not mean do everything without God. That's where I really disagree with what the ACLU does. It seems like they'd like to make sure people can't practice their own religions except secretly; I disagree with that.

I didn't literally mean that anyone is pushing for a national religion; I just meant that some groups seem to confuse religion and politics.

Hathery said:
You're exactly right. Separation of church and state does not mean do everything without God. That's where I really disagree with what the ACLU does. It seems like they'd like to make sure people can't practice their own religions except secretly; I disagree with that.I didn't literally mean that anyone is pushing for a national religion; I just meant that some groups seem to confuse religion and politics.
This country was first founded (If you consider the Pilgrims as founding this country) by people trying to leave the persecution of a State-Controlled religion.That is where separation of church and state came in to play - it wasn't to keep religion out of the state, but to keep the state out of religion.I agree that some groups confuse religion w/ politics - which is why I love my church's stance to never become involved in any political posturing or views -- church should be a safe place for everyone. (www.daybreak.tv )My political views are mine - and yes, they are shaped by my understanding of the Bible, and my relationship with Jesus Christ. Why wouldn't they be? It's who I am. I guess it would be the same to say that a Communist's views are shaped by Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto.

Yep, I agree that it was to keep state out of church as the original intention. However, it's almost a vicious cycle if people get church into state, as then the state becomes controlled by a church, causing people of other religions to be controlled by a state who prefers one religion, and the cycle starts again. That's why I'm a big believer in everyone keeping their religious beliefs just that...THEIR beliefs. :)

Hathery said:
Yep, I agree that it was to keep state out of church as the original intention. However, it's almost a vicious cycle if people get church into state, as then the state becomes controlled by a church, causing people of other religions to be controlled by a state who prefers one religion, and the cycle starts again. That's why I'm a big believer in everyone keeping their religious beliefs just that...THEIR beliefs. :)

I'm sorry but as much as that is contrary to a Jehovah's Witness beliefs, it is contrary to my heart, my beliefs as a Christian and to scripture (Mark 16:15).

janetupnorth said:
I'm sorry but as much as that is contrary to a Jehovah's Witness beliefs, it is contrary to my heart, my beliefs as a Christian and to scripture (Mark 16:15).

I didn't say you shouldn't prosthelitize (sp?) when you see fit; in politics is just not the right place.

BTW, I don't get the Jehovah's Witness part? Are you referring to yourself or to whom?

Hathery said:
I heard that on the radio too. I like how people can just dismiss Obama's service as a Senator because he sometimes chose not to make uninformed votes. Personally, I would prefer if people (constituents or otherwise) didn't vote on things when they don't know all the facts.
You might say it was that he didn't want to make uninformed votes, but don't we elect representatives to BE informed and vote up and down on issues?I suspect the reason that Obama voted "Present" on so many Illinois Senate bills is because, if one doesn't take a stand on controversial issues, one cannot be the target of supporters of the opposing viewpoint. It makes him able to pander to both sides of an issue without taking a stand on it.If he wished to avoid an "uninformed vote" in the US Senate, it's pretty easy to think he was uninformed on the issues facing him (remember, it's his job to be informed) was because he was already running for President and not paying attention to what was going on in the Senate.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You might say it was that he didn't want to make uninformed votes, but don't we elect representatives to BE informed and vote up and down on issues?

I suspect the reason that Obama voted "Present" on so many Illinois Senate bills is because, if one doesn't take a stand on controversial issues, one cannot be the target of supporters of the opposing viewpoint. It makes him able to pander to both sides of an issue without taking a stand on it.

If he wished to avoid an "uninformed vote" in the US Senate, it's pretty easy to think he was uninformed on the issues facing him (remember, it's his job to be informed) was because he was already running for President and not paying attention to what was going on in the Senate.

I agree--it is their job to be informed. But if you think about how many issues cross their desk, it is only prudent to become informed on the ones that matter to your constituents.

Hathery said:
I didn't say you shouldn't prosthelitize (sp?) when you see fit; in politics is just not the right place.

BTW, I don't get the Jehovah's Witness part? Are you referring to yourself or to whom?

Not me at all...just mentioning that conservative Christians aren't the only ones that believe in speaking about their religion vs. keeping it to themselves.

...and the actions of Muslim/Islam religions don't keep their religion in the closet either. I don't think praying in public is keeping something to yourself.

I can't think of many religions that would practice in private except when in fear for their lives.

Hathery said:
I agree--it is their job to be informed. But if you think about how many issues cross their desk, it is only prudent to become informed on the ones that matter to your constituents.
Well, when running for President, ALL issues matter to your constituents!...and notice KG's distinction between State senate and US Senate. He should vote on things in his own state!

janetupnorth said:
Not me at all...just mentioning that conservative Christians aren't the only ones that believe in speaking about their religion vs. keeping it to themselves.

...and the actions of Muslim/Islam religions don't keep their religion in the closet either. I don't think praying in public is keeping something to yourself.

I can't think of many religions that would practice in private except when in fear for their lives.

I didn't mean keeping religion to yourself as in not practicing publicly. What I mean was not forcing it on others, esp. in the political arena.

Hathery said:
I didn't mean keeping religion to yourself as in not practicing publicly. What I mean was not forcing it on others, esp. in the political arena.
For example......?

Hathery said:

...and which candidate are you referring to on that comment? I haven't seen that happen one bit!

That's what scares me about Obama, he isn't talking about it now, but his church has some pretty extremist views that I think would be forced on us in the political arena!

I wasn't referring to a candidate. I was referring to people in general who lobby to politicians based on personal religious views.

Obama has disassociated himself from those comments. I don't think you need to worry about it.

Hathery said:
I wasn't referring to a candidate. I was referring to people in general who lobby to politicians based on personal religious views.

Obama has disassociated himself from those comments. I don't think you need to worry about it.
Still waiting for examples, and yes, I do think we need to be concerned about it.

JAE said:
Still waiting for examples, and yes, I do think we need to be concerned about it.

Okay...the Family Research Council. Council on Islamic-American Relations. American Family Association.

If the man says his views are not the views that were expressed, then it's not a concern. That's what he said, so it's not a concern.

Hathery said:
Okay...the Family Research Council. Council on Islamic-American Relations. American Family Association.

If the man says his views are not the views that were expressed, then it's not a concern. That's what he said, so it's not a concern.
What are those councils and associations doing exactly to push their religion on the U.S? It's not that I don't know. It's that I happen to agree with what some of them are doing. I don't think they are wrong. I want to know how you think they are doing something wrong. There has to be a moral compass. (I don't know anything about Council on Islamic-American Relations.)

They are religious lobby groups. The push religious issues (abortion, homosexuality, etc.) into politics.

That's fine if you agree with some of their beliefs, but many people don't. That's why religion is a personal choice, not a political issue. Many homosexuals would not agree with the "moral compass" some of these groups have, for example.

Hathery said:
They are religious lobby groups. The push religious issues (abortion, homosexuality, etc.) into politics.

That's fine if you agree with some of their beliefs, but many people don't. That's why religion is a personal choice, not a political issue. Many homosexuals would not agree with the "moral compass" some of these groups have, for example.
What religious beliefs? Isn't "Thou shall not murder," a religious belief? What about giving to the poor? Isn't that a religious belief?

Just for an example, give me an exact belief that is being pushed into politics by one of the lobbying groups that you mentioned.

Hathery said:

Obama has disassociated himself from those comments. I don't think you need to worry about it.[
/QUOTE]
I do worry about it. He disassociated himself from it after the fact, and after it all came out publicly.

He sat under that Pastor's teaching for 20 years. I find it hard to believe that in all that time, he was completely oblivious to what was being taught - or that it was only taught at times when he wasn't there.

If I was attending a church that I felt wasn't teaching what was in line with my beliefs, I would be gone - I wouldn't hang around for 20 years.

<h2>1. National Health Care</h2><p>Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.</p><h2>2. Foreign Policy</h2><p>Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.</p><h2>3. Lack of Specifics</h2><p>Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.</p><h2>4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class</h2><p>There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.</p><h2>Conclusion</h2><p>Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.</p>

Related to What worries me about Obama's policies?

1. National Health Care

Many people have concerns about Obama's policy on national health care. Some worry that it will lead to long wait times, like in other countries with similar systems, and that it may not be as effective as the current healthcare system.

2. Foreign Policy

Another worry is about Obama's foreign policy. Some individuals have family members in the military and are concerned about the safety of their loved ones. They may also question the decision to withdraw troops from certain areas without a clear plan for their safety.

3. Lack of Specifics

Some people have noticed that when Obama speaks, he often lacks specifics in his plans and ideas. This was also a concern during his previous campaigns. Without concrete details, it can be difficult to fully understand his policies and their potential impact.

4. Unions, Social Programs, and the Middle Class

There are concerns about Obama's focus on unions, social programs, and the middle class. Some feel that he is not truly representative of the middle class since he has been financially successful. There are also concerns about the effectiveness and sustainability of unions and social programs, as well as potential abuse of these systems.

Conclusion

Overall, there are many worries about Obama's policies, ranging from healthcare to foreign policy to the middle class. It is important to thoroughly research and consider all aspects of his policies before forming an opinion or making a decision at the polls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies