• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Will Go Well With Touchdown Taco Dip??

In summary, Mexican Cake is a cake that is made with a sombrero and a Margarita. It is yummy and goes well with the mexican theme.
pamperedape
For the sweet tooth people??

I'm feeling as if the warm nutty (PRETZELS!) caramel brownies would be too much "mushy" food with it.

You could do a dip theme and make the double chocolate swirl dip and serve it with graham crackers or vanilla wafers.

What about the chocolate lava cakes in the sm. SA bowls or mugs?

Mexican Chocolate Cake!!!! :thumbup: Yummmooooo!!!! And I think it's in the new season's best that you should either be getting or already got!;) Goes with the whole mexican theme!

Last edited:
mmm... now you got me craving touchdown taco dip... (sorry can't help you on the dessert as all I can think about is the dip...) :D

My fall-back dessert is the chocolate lattice tort with some vanilla ice cream.

GourmetGirl said:
mmm... now you got me craving touchdown taco dip... (sorry can't help you on the dessert as all I can think about is the dip...) :D

Yeah, me too, thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just make the dip and Mexican Cake at my show on Saturday night. 5 women ate all of both the dishes!

I just did this at my Saturday show - we had the TDTD (heh, heh - isn't that funny the way that comes out??? sorry - I'm really tired!) and the decadent chocolate chip pizza. Oldie, but goodie.

You mean besides Margaritas in the QSP?

MissChef said:
Mexican Chocolate Cake!!!! :thumbup: Yummmooooo!!!! And I think it's in the new season's best that you should either be getting or already got!;) Goes with the whole mexican theme!

I'd agree with Cathy here; that Mexican cake is yum-o!
Or my other go-to recipe (if you can get good strawberries) is Apple Berry Salsa.

Oh yeah, LOVE the touchdown dip too:thumbup:

mmmmmmmm...touchdown taco dip....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What's Mexican Cake?

jrstephens said:
What's Mexican Cake?
Cake with a sombrero and a Margarita.

<giggle>

chefann said:
Cake with a sombrero and a Margarita.

<giggle>

You mean giggle and a burb, haha!!!:blushing:

jrstephens said:
What's Mexican Cake?
It's a micro cake in the current SB cookbook...& it's yummy! Mexican chocolate cake, I think is what it's called.

jrstephens said:
What's Mexican Cake?
It's made in the stoneware fluted pan and the thing that makes it "mexican" is the addition of cinnamon! If I can remember correctly, you add cinnamon into the chocolate batter before you make and I think it has you put cinnamon sugar on the top along with a chocolate whip cream glaze type thing! I haven't made it in a while but I do remember that is so yummy!:love: :chef:

There's also an old microwave cake recipe that is made with chocolate cake mix, Kahlua and cinnamon. Delish!I think it was:
1 chocolate cake mix (18 oz)
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Kahlua
1 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp. cinnamon
Combine. Pour into Stoneware fluted pan, microwave 12-14 minutes.
Of course, I'm typing that from my poor memory, so it may not be accurate. I do know that it used sour cream instead of oil.

Related to What Will Go Well With Touchdown Taco Dip??

1. What type of chips should I serve with Touchdown Taco Dip?

For a traditional option, corn tortilla chips are a great choice. However, you can also try serving the dip with pita chips, veggie chips, or even pretzels for a unique twist.

2. Can I make the dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dip ahead of time. Simply prepare the dip and store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve. You may need to give it a stir before serving to ensure all the flavors are evenly distributed.

3. What other toppings can I add to the Touchdown Taco Dip?

The possibilities are endless! Some popular toppings include diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, black olives, diced avocado, or a sprinkle of cilantro. Get creative and add your favorite toppings to make the dip your own.

4. How long can I leave the dip out at room temperature?

It is recommended to not leave the dip out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. After that time, it should be refrigerated to prevent any potential food safety issues.

5. Can I make this dip vegetarian-friendly?

Absolutely! Simply omit the ground beef and replace it with an extra can of black beans or cooked quinoa. You can also use a meat substitute, such as soy crumbles, for a similar texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • jbarnhill
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • Humble Beginnings