• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Make for 21-35 People?!

In summary, the host has 21 definite yes's and 14 maybes for a head count. She is going to call the person on Weds/Thurs to give them a final head count. The person is worried that they won't have enough food to go around, and has recruited their husband to come along. They are also worried about the conversation and side talking during the demo. They are planning on getting there an hour early to set up and make the taco dip. They are also thinking of ways to keep everyone's attention during the demo.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey everyone! I have a show (an hour away!) on Friday and the host told me last night that she has 21 definite yes's and 14 maybes and she's going to call me on Weds/Thurs to give me a final head count. She's going to have margaritas and I'm going to make the touchdown taco dip when I get there but I don't know what to make during the demo. I was thinking the taco ring or the family-sized burrito. I have never done a show with this many people and am worried that we won't have enough food to go around. Please help me come up with some ideas on what to make and how much to make. :eek: I plan on getting there an hour early to set up and make the taco dip. I have even recruited my hubby to come along (if he decides not to come, my cousin will come with me to help me out!) so I know I'll have some help! Thanks in advance! :)

I would maybe double the Touchdown Taco Dip and do it in the Oval Baker or Deep Dish Baker if you have one of those. Wow, that'll be a great show!! I think the Taco Ring is good, but if you already have the Taco Dip, I wonder if doing something else like the Chicken Enchilada Ring would offer more variety. Keep in mind that your demo recipes are for people to TASTE, not to feed themselves a whole meal off of. Hopefully the host might have something else easy like chips and salsa or veggies and dip.

Also, not to scare you, but be prepared for LOTS of conversation and side talking during your demo. That's the only drawback to crowds this big. It happens to me quite often with big groups.....especially when they're drinking margaritas!! I haven't done this yet, but plan to at my next huge show.....maybe put some tidbits and info about products in envelopes and write the name of the product on the outside. You can even print up the Use and Care Cards from CC and stick them in there. Hand a bunch out....maybe not to everyone, but sprinkle them around. When you demo a certain product, the person has to read their respective tidbits of info about that product. Obviously the person needs to pay attention in order to do this and hopefully you wind up with less commotion. Good luck!!!

That sound's like fun!!!! I would recommend maybe one of our pizzas like the garden ranch or the dessert pizze, my suggestion would be to do a rectangle one using rect. stone or rect. baker so you can cut it into small swuares and make sure there are enough sqares for everyone to sample!

To keep everyones attention you could play pass the spoon. Give someone the spoon at the start of your demo and tell them to pass it every time you say a certain word. You choose the word. The winner is the one at the end of the demo with the wooden spoon.

Hi there! It sounds like you have a big show coming up and I'm excited to help you come up with some ideas. With that many guests, it's always better to have too much food than not enough. I would suggest making the taco ring and the family-sized burrito, as those are both crowd-pleasers and can easily be doubled or tripled if needed. You could also consider making a big batch of our fiesta dip and serving it with chips or veggies as an appetizer. As for quantities, I would plan on making enough for at least 35 people, just to be on the safe side. And don't forget to have some extra ingredients on hand in case you need to make more during the demo. It's great that you have your husband or cousin to help you out, that will definitely make things easier. Good luck with your show and let us know how it goes!

What are some popular dishes to make for a group of 21-35 people?

Some popular dishes for a group of this size include casseroles, pasta dishes, and slow cooker meals. These dishes are easy to prepare in large quantities and can be customized to fit various dietary restrictions.

How many servings should I plan for when cooking for 21-35 people?

It is recommended to plan for 1.5 servings per person when cooking for a group of this size. This ensures that there will be enough food for everyone, with some leftovers.

What are some easy appetizers to make for a group of 21-35 people?

Some easy and crowd-pleasing appetizers for a group of this size include meat and cheese platters, vegetable trays with dip, and mini quiches or tarts. These can be prepared ahead of time and require minimal effort to serve.

How can I accommodate dietary restrictions when cooking for a large group?

To accommodate dietary restrictions, it is helpful to have a variety of dishes that cater to different dietary needs. This can include vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. It is also important to clearly label dishes and have a list of ingredients available for those with allergies.

What are some tips for cooking for a large group without feeling overwhelmed?

To avoid feeling overwhelmed when cooking for a large group, it is important to plan ahead and prepare as much as possible in advance. This can include prepping ingredients, setting the table, and organizing serving dishes and utensils. It is also helpful to delegate tasks to others and ask for help if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Donna Partlo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mirandalea
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchef2006
  • hmolah