• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Went Wrong with My Mushroom Patties?

In summary, chef is thinking about what to make for dinner, and is considering a garlic/chili stir fry pork dish with a ginger and coconut rice. They are also thinking about what to serve for lunch. They are excited for Chinese food to come back in their lives. For dinner, they are cooking a variation on a classic cheeseburger. For lunch, they are making a fritatta with sweet Italian sausage.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight we are having garlic/chili stir fry pork. Serving it with a ginger and coconut rice:chef:

Thinking about doing some baking today but haven't decided what yet.

Last edited:
I may attempt to make the Spinach Carbonara Pizza like I was planning on doing last week, but never got around to doing so.

Well with things some what back to normal at my house now that my mom is home. I think I am going to do a port tenderlion but not sure what I want to do with it yet. Any suggestions? I just can't make up my mind today, I am not even sure what I am going to serve with it yet.

Don't know about dinner but lunch is:Shrimp with Garlic Sauce
Hot/Sour Soup
Egg RollYum! I haven't had Chinese in 2 months!!!!

I'm making the Sausage & Pepper Frittata from the new SB.

janetupnorth said:
Don't know about dinner but lunch is:

Shrimp with Garlic Sauce
Hot/Sour Soup
Egg Roll

Yum! I haven't had Chinese in 2 months!!!!

Oh I LOVE Chinese food yummo:chef:

today's lunch is BLC's ( i dont like tomato so its cheese instead) tonights dinner is in the 29 minute cookbook the beef enchilada casserole. its baked in the microwave in the deep dish baker. tonight is my cluster meeting and i am bringing the desert so i have very little time today. but of course time enough to pop on Chefsuccess. :)

hmm... lunch was pizza (cheese and spinach) with an antipasto salad.Dinner will be a variation on the Classic Mini Cheeseburgers. I'm going to sautee mushrooms in garlic and butter and put those on instead of the pickles, and use Swiss cheese instead of the American. And then make some Crispy Crowns (like Tater Tots, only smaller).

Ann - I like the sound of your cheeseburger with the mushrooms and swiss - please post and let us know how they turn out!

And Becky D. the fritatta is awesome! I made it last week to try it out before my open house and again for the party - it was devoured and everyone loved it. I used sweet Italian sausage instead of hot as that is my preference - but it is a great recipe!

Now I'm getting hungry even though I just had lunch...

I think I'll do Mandarin Orange chicken (from Trader Joe's) with rice done in the rice cooker for our dinner tonight - first night all week that we don't have somewhere else to be!

Chef Michelle D said:
Well with things some what back to normal at my house now that my mom is home. I think I am going to do a port tenderlion but not sure what I want to do with it yet. Any suggestions? I just can't make up my mind today, I am not even sure what I am going to serve with it yet.

The pork tenderloin recipe in the new Latin Flavor cookbook is FANTASTIC! I would recommend searing the tenderloin in the grill pan and then finishing in the oven, though.

One of my favorite pork recipes that my family loves and we make a lot (DH just pushes the meat aside, or I make some w/0 for him) I can't remember where I got it, we've used it for years!
I either cut up a loin or use the cubed carnitas.

Vietnamese pork in peanut sauce

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
2T minced garlic
2 T peanut butter
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp chile paste or tabasco sauce
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, sliced thin
2 stocks chopped celery
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 T oil, for saute
1-2 lb pork carnitas (or cubed pork loin)

6 cups cooked rice (2 1/2 cups before cooked) See beginner's recipe section on how to cook rice. You can do it!

Directions: Heat the saute oil and sesame oil until almost smoking, add the onion, carrot, celery, bell pepper, and pork. Stir often until the onions are clear and the pork is cooked through. Add the garlic and remaining ingredients, except the cilantro. It helps to mix the peanut butter and soy sauce until smooth. Heat through. Add the cilantro. Pour over cooked rice noodles or fluffy rice if desired. Yields 6 generous servings. (I usually put half of the topping in a freezer bag for later). It makes a lot!

Tonight we are having Football food. We live close to our Alma Mater and will be going to the MTSU vs Troy Game. Nothing like paying $4.00 for a coke! It is a nice treat though. Go Big Blue!!

tonight we are going to a fundraiser dinner for our high school band. It is usually steak and potatoes.

I have 3 chicken breasts leftover from last nights dinner... trying to come up with something easy to use 'em up.:confused:

akggirl said:
I have 3 chicken breasts leftover from last nights dinner... trying to come up with something easy to use 'em up.:confused:

Season and put on salad
Jamaican Jerk Nachos
Chop and put in pasta with Basil Blend Canola Oil
Mix with Greek Seasoning...
Put italian dressing on and heat up...
Make into chicken tacos...

pamperedval said:
Ann - I like the sound of your cheeseburger with the mushrooms and swiss - please post and let us know how they turn out!

They were good, but a little dry. I used more meat than the recipe called for, so the patties were thick and I think that affected it (although it shrunk less in the oven because it was thicker). I also WAY underestimated how many mushrooms I'd need. I used an 8 oz. tray of pre-sliced mushrooms, and should have used a full pound. The mushrooms didn't taste like those at Red Robin (that's what I was going for), so I'll have to try again. Their 'shrooms are garlicky and buttery, but they're also made with canned mushrooms.

Company for dinner (unexpected), so we put on the chicken on the BBQ and I made the ribs in the covered baker. I made rice in the rice cooker, veggies and I have the mini lemon cakes cooking in the oven right now. Yummy dinner!

chefann said:
They were good, but a little dry. I used more meat than the recipe called for, so the patties were thick and I think that affected it (although it shrunk less in the oven because it was thicker). I also WAY underestimated how many mushrooms I'd need. I used an 8 oz. tray of pre-sliced mushrooms, and should have used a full pound. The mushrooms didn't taste like those at Red Robin (that's what I was going for), so I'll have to try again. Their 'shrooms are garlicky and buttery, but they're also made with canned mushrooms.

Mmmmm - Red Robin... We actually ate there last night! I do like their mushrooms too. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

Related to What Went Wrong with My Mushroom Patties?

1. What is the featured recipe for August 28th?

The featured recipe for August 28th is our delicious Chicken Alfredo with Garlic Parmesan Broccoli. It's a quick and easy meal that your whole family will love!

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the featured recipe?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ingredients in the featured recipe to fit your dietary needs or personal preferences. We always encourage our customers to get creative and make the recipe their own!

3. Are there any vegetarian options for the August 28th menu?

Yes, we have a vegetarian version of the featured recipe available upon request. It uses plant-based protein and vegetable broth instead of chicken. Just let your Pampered Chef consultant know and they can provide you with the recipe.

4. How long does the featured recipe take to prepare and cook?

The featured recipe for August 28th takes about 30 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. It's a perfect weeknight meal that won't keep you in the kitchen for too long.

5. Can I find the ingredients for the featured recipe at my local grocery store?

Yes, the ingredients for the featured recipe are all common and readily available at most grocery stores. But if you're having trouble finding something, your Pampered Chef consultant can assist you in finding alternatives or ordering the ingredients through our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cutiechic
  • rennea