• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Lunch: Chicken or Burgers?

In summary, the person went to bed at 2:30 am and got up at 6:30 am for a staff meeting at 10:00 am. They are cooking dinner for their neighbor who just got home from the hospital and they are also making chicken. They are also thinking about what to make for their lunch.
rennea
Gold Member
Good Morning folks!!!

I went to bed at 2:30am and I got up at 6:30am. I have a staff meeting at 10:00am. Yahoo!! It's going to be a killer day:yuck:

Today we are having chicken. I haven't decided what I'm doing with it but it's chicken:chef:

my kids state that they are sick of chicken....I am up for suggestions on what to serve now!

turkey meatballs

not sure going to the street fair today---im on WW so it will be healthy!

I'm cooking dinner for my neighbor who just got home from the hospital. I going to bake 2 chickens (one for each of us). And I don't know what else.

I went to another neighbor's for a cookout last night and she had this really great cold green bean salad. I think it was just green beans (blanched then cooled), feta cheese, and a dill mix. I thought I despised dill until I had this, it was really good. I think I'll make that.

I don't know what else. My neighbor can't have raw veggies so anything I take them will have to be cooked. I'll probably make a pan of brownies to give them too.

Any ideas of a great side dish for me to add?

Pork chops on the grill!!:chef:

I am making the turkey burgers that Oprah raved about how her show a few days ago.

1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
1/8 cup canola oil
4 pounds ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. chipotle Tabasco™
1 lemon, juice and grated zest
1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney, pureed

Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.

Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Serve with a side of Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney and your favorite toasted bread, pita or hamburger roll

Pear Chutney
INGREDIENTS
1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 cups Major Grey's Chutney
1/4 cup dried currants or raisins

Preheat oven to 350°.

Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.

Thinking maybe corn on the cob and that's it.

Rennea - you changed your avatar!!! - and thanks for adding me to FB.

We are going to have spaghetti and garlic bread (I think) - I gotta kick this cold - so we will have lots and lots and lots of garlic

I am making a masterpiece!! Spagetti!! LOL!! With Garlic Bread.

Today for lunch I am making grilled boneless chicken strips with either the bell pepper and herb rub or the crushed peppercorn and garlic on it. I throw the strips on a salad...so yum!!

I can't get too creative in my meals...my DD won't eat anything it seems and get this...she won't eat cheese!! How can you NOT like cheese???? baffles me.

stefani2 said:
Rennea - you changed your avatar!!! - and thanks for adding me to FB.

We are going to have spaghetti and garlic bread (I think) - I gotta kick this cold - so we will have lots and lots and lots of garlic

Looks like we were posting at the same time!! Do you do anything special to your spaghetti to make it better?

7 Layer Southwestern Salad but adding chicken and corn.

I have no idea- I should grill something but my allergies are really bothering me today and most of what I have in the freezer is part of some froo-froo new dish or recipe I wanted to try and and involves using the oven. Looks like it's gonna hit 80 today with about 60% humidity- so sort of sticky but not too bad, but bad enough that I may not want to use the oven.

If I use the oven I think I'll make home made buffalo wings and pick up a head of lettuce and make a chef salad to go along with that. It's too late to put a roast in the crockpot or we'd have French Dip Sammies...

I'm at a loss and I'm in a medicate fog. (I despise allergy season!) :(

pampered.chris said:
Looks like we were posting at the same time!! Do you do anything special to your spaghetti to make it better?

My kids LOVE my s'ghetti.........they "tear it up"!!

I make meatballs with 1 poubd each of ground beef (the fatty kind!), ground pork, ground veal, eggs and canned parm. I brown the edges and throw them in the sauce-2 big cans of crushed maters and 1 big can of mate sauce plus canned parm. I also brown a lb of italian sausage, cut it up and let it and the meatballs finsh cooking in the sauce. YUMMO!!

Kitchen Diva said:
I have no idea- I should grill something but my allergies are really bothering me today and most of what I have in the freezer is part of some froo-froo new dish or recipe I wanted to try and and involves using the oven. Looks like it's gonna hit 80 today with about 60% humidity- so sort of sticky but not too bad, but bad enough that I may not want to use the oven.

If I use the oven I think I'll make home made buffalo wings and pick up a head of lettuce and make a chef salad to go along with that. It's too late to put a roast in the crockpot or we'd have French Dip Sammies...

I'm at a loss and I'm in a medicate fog. (I despise allergy season!) :(

What did ya finally make the omelet roll?
LOL!!

Oh and we are having a pork roast I think.....not sure what else..........

Ok, just an update... I screwed up

Was supposed to saute the scallions, apple, and celery. Did read that part of the recipe and just dumped it in with the turkey. Oh well, full speed ahead, we will see how they work.

It's raining, I'm sick. It's gonna be a pizza night.

Me again...

no update on burgers yet, but the lemonade cake looks great!

Related to What's for Lunch: Chicken or Burgers?

1. What is the June 1st "What's for Dinner?" recipe?

The June 1st "What's for Dinner?" recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish called One-Pan Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables. It features tender chicken breast, colorful vegetables, and a tangy balsamic glaze, all cooked in one pan for easy cleanup.

2. What ingredients do I need for the June 1st "What's for Dinner?" recipe?

You will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, bell peppers, red onion, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.

3. How long does it take to make the June 1st "What's for Dinner?" recipe?

The total preparation and cooking time for this recipe is approximately 30 minutes. This includes 10 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes of cooking time.

4. Can I substitute the chicken for a different protein in the June 1st "What's for Dinner?" recipe?

Yes, you can easily substitute the chicken for a different protein such as pork tenderloin or tofu. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the protein is cooked through.

5. Are there any variations or substitutions for the vegetables in the June 1st "What's for Dinner?" recipe?

Absolutely! You can use any of your favorite vegetables in this recipe. Some suggestions include broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, or mushrooms. You can also swap out the balsamic vinegar for a different type of vinegar or even soy sauce for a different flavor profile.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies