• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Sauce Should I Use for My Pasta Dinner? (July 4th)

In summary, the author is writing about their Independence Day BBQ. They are cooking steak sandwiches and using a white (bechamel) sauce. The recipe for the sauce is given and the dish is ready to be assembled.
rennea
Gold Member
Today we are having pasta and garlic bread. Haven't decided on what sauce I'm using yet.

Anyone have a good pasta sauce recipe? Preferably a creamy/white sauce!;)

We were suppose to have a cookout. The normal, burgers, mac n cheese, baked beans,
corn on the cob. But it is raining so now I'm thinking I have to change plans...

rennea said:
Today we are having pasta and garlic bread. Haven't decided on what sauce I'm using yet.

Yes I do-but it requires some time to make it...want me to give it to you anyway?

We are going to my Aunt and Uncle's lake house (cabin) and will have grilled goodies, lots of sweets (compliments of me, thank you berry much!) fruit, cheeses, soda's, water, chips, nuts.... you know- party food!

I went to the farmers market this morning....so am going to grill fingerling potatoes, beets, and carrots. I will probably slice them with the UM (crinkle blade), toss with EVOO, garlic, and herbs, then cook in foil on the grill.

I'm having steak, DS is having his usual (turkey dogs).

We made ultra-rich chocolate ice cream last weekend and amazingly there's still some left for dessert. We'll see how they combine with red and black raspberries...maybe I'll try to make a coulis or sauce.

Happy Independence Day everyone!

We are BBQ at my friends house. We are doing steak sandwiches.

rennea said:

Here is one of the recipes I make with a white (bechamel) sauce...

BAKED RIGATONI WITH BECHAMEL SAUCE

1 stick unsalted butter (4 ounces)
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 quart whole milk, at room temperature
Pinch fresh nutmeg
Sea salt and white pepper
1 cup grated fontina
1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, julienned
1 pound dry rigatoni
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Bechamel sauce:
In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes. Always stirring, gradually add the milk and continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Simmer until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. This will take approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in nutmeg, 1/2 cup fontina, prosciutto and season with salt and white pepper. Set aside.

In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add the rigatoni and cook for about 5 minutes. Since you will be cooking the pasta a second time in the oven, you want to make sure the inside is still hard. Drain in a colander. Return pasta to the pot and pour in bechamel sauce. Using a wooden spoon, mix well until all the pasta is coated with the sauce.

Into a greased 13 by 9-inch baking dish, pour the pasta with cream sauce. Smooth out top and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup fontina. Dot the top with diced butter and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until bubbling and the top is golden brown.

Cheesy Penne Bake (my version of mac-n-cheese)

Butter, for greasing pan
2-3 tablespoons (or more) olive oil
8 ounces pancetta, chopped
4 teaspoons minced garlic
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
7 cups whole milk -at room temp
8 ounces Fontina cheese, grated
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
6 ounces provolone cheese, grated
1 pound penne pasta
3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fresh coarse bread crumbs
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling

Butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and saute until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a small bowl. Pour off all but 1/4 cup of the pan drippings (if necessary, add more oil to the pan drippings to equal 1/4 cup total). Reduce the heat to medium. Add 3 teaspoons of garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in all the Fontina, mozzarella, Parmesan, and provolone cheeses.

Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until almost al dente, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. (The pasta will continue cooking in the oven.) Drain pasta and add directly into the cheese. Add the parsley, basil, and pancetta and toss to coat. Season the pasta mixture, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared dish.

Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Add the bread crumbs and toss to coat. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the pasta mixture. Drizzle the top with extra-virgin olive oil and bake until the sauce bubbles and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes.

We plan on taking my daughter to see the American girl movie and some sort of dinner before Fireworks party later tonight!

lobster bisque dip with wheatables
ribs, potato salad, baked beans, watermelon, homemade ice cream and peach cobbler

We have no dinner plans today, 2 cookouts Saturday and Sunday though to go to.
It is raining here, DH and I are going to movie and having some alone time~woo-hoo while grandma babysits. We will go out to eat at Newport on the Levee after the movie.

I am trying to find the white sauce recipe I had, but I can't locate it. DD got into my cookbooks and all my recipe cards are a mess. Once I find it, I'll send it, but I know it wont be for your dinner tonight Reneea.

Kacey, I want that lemon bar recipe too :)

Grilled smoked sausages
Grilled potatoes
veggie (from frozen, probably broccoli)
pickles
carrot slaw

We are having a neighborhood cookout at the pool in our subdivision (organized by my neighborhood friends). It is bring your own meat, and a side dish to share. I am bringing:

hot dogs,
a Bok Choy Salad made with slaw mix (I think you would call it an Asian Slaw salad), and a dip made with cream cheese, ground beef, salsa and cheese, with tortilla chips.
Oh! And I am also bringing a Strawberry-Pretzel Jello Dessert! Yummo!

oh my kacey - your grown up mac n cheese sounds extremely decadent!

We're having grilled kielbasa, corn on the cob, Syracuse salt potatoes (recipe compliments of Cook's Country magazine) and salad. Probably ice cream for dessert. It's just us 4 plus MIL for dinner and we're leaving for Florida/Chicago tomorrow, so nothing too extravagant.

Shish Kabobs nice beef I got, colorful peppers, mushrooms, snap peas, onion, potato that have been marinating in Good Seasons Italian Dressing---

Baked Beans

I have my WW weigh in tomorrow, so I am eating lots of veggies.

and cold drinks :)

Oh thanks Kacey looks yummy!!!

We just got back from the grocery store - here's what's on the menu:

Grilled Salmon
Corn on the Cob
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Salad
Guacamole & chips (appetizer)
Fresh Lemonade (thanks for the recipe earlier this week, Ann!)

YUM! DH just told me it's ready (yep, he cooked) so gotta go! :D

I so need to check this thread daily!! I never know what to make for dinner!!! Everything sounds so yummy! Hope everyone is having a Happy
4th!

Today we had burgers on the grill with provolone cheese and bacon
watermelon & rasberries
& fresh cooked carrots
and homemade red, white & blue sugar cookies for dessert

Just got home from an all day fair I did a booth at.
Pizza Hut!! That's my dinner! Fair was great! I booked two shows.

susanr613 said:
oh my kacey - your grown up mac n cheese sounds extremely decadent!

It is sooo good, and it is RICH!!! make sure to eat your greens ahead of time... LOL

merego said:
We have no dinner plans today, 2 cookouts Saturday and Sunday though to go to.
It is raining here, DH and I are going to movie and having some alone time~woo-hoo while grandma babysits. We will go out to eat at Newport on the Levee after the movie.

I am trying to find the white sauce recipe I had, but I can't locate it. DD got into my cookbooks and all my recipe cards are a mess. Once I find it, I'll send it, but I know it wont be for your dinner tonight Reneea.

Kacey, I want that lemon bar recipe too :)

I will get that off to you, PM me or email me to remind me and I'll send it off. Do you have a glass 9x13 pan? I swear my recipe turns out the best in a GLASS pan...not our stoneware or a metal pan, but a glass one- I have no idea why- but I've tested and tested and tested and the glass pan yields the best lemon filling!

Kacey I'm just going to follow you around from thread to thread! LOL!~

Related to What Sauce Should I Use for My Pasta Dinner? (July 4th)

1. What are some easy and patriotic recipes for July 4th?

Some easy and patriotic recipes for July 4th include grilled burgers and hot dogs, red, white, and blue fruit salad, and a classic American apple pie.

2. How can I incorporate traditional July 4th foods into a healthier meal?

You can incorporate traditional July 4th foods into a healthier meal by grilling lean meats like chicken or turkey burgers, using whole wheat buns, and substituting mayo with avocado or hummus for toppings.

3. What are some vegetarian options for a July 4th dinner?

Some vegetarian options for a July 4th dinner include grilled vegetable skewers, quinoa and black bean burgers, and a vegetable and bean chili.

4. How can I plan a July 4th dinner that accommodates different dietary restrictions?

You can plan a July 4th dinner that accommodates different dietary restrictions by offering a variety of options such as grilled meats, vegetarian dishes, and gluten-free sides. You can also ask guests about their dietary restrictions beforehand to ensure there are options for everyone.

5. Can you suggest some make-ahead dishes for a stress-free July 4th dinner?

Some make-ahead dishes for a stress-free July 4th dinner include pasta or potato salad, fruit skewers, and deviled eggs. These dishes can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies