• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Take for New Mom and Dad?

In summary, my friend just had a baby and is visiting me later this week. She wants to take me and her husband out to dinner as a way to thank us for all the help and support we've given her in the last few months. She's thinking of either lasagna or chicken casserole as a gift for when the baby is convenient for them to eat. Another suggestion is to have something ready for them when they come over, like a gift basket filled with snacks and a dinner they can enjoy in the nursery.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
One of my friends just had a baby and came home today. I will be visiting her later on this week and I want to take her and her hubby dinner. Something that she can freeze and use when it's convenient for them. Any ideas? Lasagna or chicken casserole are the two things I have been thinking of...any others?

TIA!

KellyTheChef said:
One of my friends just had a baby and came home today. I will be visiting her later on this week and I want to take her and her hubby dinner. Something that she can freeze and use when it's convenient for them. Any ideas? Lasagna or chicken casserole are the two things I have been thinking of...any others?

TIA!

Yum! Lasagna, casseroles, homemade stew with crusty bread, homemade soup, chili, mac n cheese.....comfort foods that go a long way and are easy to reheat are my vote! Hmmm, maybe not chili if she's breastfeeding ;)

Having just had a baby myself those would be excellent gifts. Another idea might be to order them dinner from a favorite takeout place or bring that night's dinner - ribs or roast chicken with salad, veggies and, of course, dessert for the new mom!

The problem I have with frozen stuff is that I stocked my freezer before the event and don't have any room in it.

I got a gift basket while at the hospital with snacks in it - chips, fruit, yogurt, cheese, cookies, juice boxes, etc - it came in very handy when visitors arrived and I didn't have time to shop.

Spaghetti bake, chicken and rice. Also, around here, a lot of folks just pick up a pound of bbq at our famous big bob gibsons. You can also get a gift card to a place like that so they can go get it when convient. Of course, you can never go wrong with lasagna.

Here is a suggestion that was given not to long ago to a friend that had a baby

Sometimes - new parents do not like leaving the baby at home so they wont go out - so here is what you do

Make supper at your home - a very special one - gather up a tablecloth from your home or one that is so-called fancy or even borrow one - a tablecloth the new parent has never seen - take some dishes - SA square ones would be nice - candles with candleholders - a smal vase of flowers - again something the new parents has never seen - then when you are ready to set things up - ask the parents to go into the nursery or other room with the baby. Go to the diningroom - set everything up - might even play some music real low - then after everything is set -up like in a restaruant - go tell the parents that they can go to eat and you will watch the baby in the nursery. They will only be a couple feet away but they will have an experience as if they were at a resaruant because everything will be new to them.

~

What about some of the power cooking recipes?

I hope I explained it okay - sometimes the words in my head doesn't come out the same way:eek:

~

That is an excellent idea, Teresa. Our kids did that for an anniversary for us.

Not only is it fun, it is nice to be served in your own home. :love:

On the recipes, lasagna is my most common one. I make a simple meat one without "extras" for those picky families (like my DH). I cut and freeze in a few portion sizes or just deliver warm for a night's meal and they can freeze the rest.

My other meal I make for new moms is a glazed spiral ham (I use brown sugar, pineapple, etc. for the glaze). Served with garlic mashed potatoes, corn, homemade (well, bread machine) 4 season herb bread and some type of dessert. The leftover ham can be saved for sandwiches or reheated for another meal. I've always had compliments on that meal too.

I was up for just about anything. However, I was also breastfeeding so had to be careful on the spices even though I CRAVED mexican. We were brought meals for about 3-4 weeks and it was fabulous! Homemade was wonderful as it was all so healthy with green salads, side dishes, etc. One family called us up a few hours before it was their turn to bring dinner and said they'd be bringing a large or x-large pizza from our choice and with whatever toppings we wanted. THEY brought it to us so that we didn't have to worry with tipping, either. Even THAT was a very nice suprise. Order out pizza can be very expensive!

There are some very inexpensive and quick chicken enchilada recipes that are freezable. I made one earlier this year that was DELICIOUS. It just might be time for me to start making some of these, myself, and packing them away in the deep freezer as we're nearing the birth of our third. :D

Related to What to Take for New Mom and Dad?

1. What are some easy meal options for new parents?

As a new parent, you'll likely have little time and energy to cook elaborate meals. Some easy options include one-pan dinners, slow cooker meals, and make-ahead meals that can be frozen and reheated. The Pampered Chef Quick Cooker and Quick Cooker recipes are perfect for quick and easy meals.

2. What kitchen tools are essential for new parents?

Investing in a few key kitchen tools can make meal prep much easier for new parents. A good quality knife set, a cutting board, a food chopper, and a blender are all must-haves. The Pampered Chef Food Chopper and Power Blender are great options for efficient food prep.

3. How can I make healthy meals for new parents?

Eating well is important for new parents, but it can be challenging to find time to cook healthy meals. The Pampered Chef Salad Chopper and Salad Spinner make it easy to whip up fresh and nutritious salads in minutes. Also, try incorporating fresh fruits and vegetables into one-pot meals for added nutrients.

4. What are some meal ideas for picky eaters?

If you or your partner are picky eaters, it can be challenging to find meals that both of you will enjoy. The Pampered Chef Veggie Spiralizer is a great tool for incorporating more vegetables into your meals in a fun and creative way. You can also try making customizable meals, such as tacos or build-your-own pizza, where each person can choose their own toppings.

5. Are there any kitchen gadgets that can help save time for new parents?

Yes, there are many kitchen gadgets that can help save time for new parents. The Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor is perfect for quickly chopping ingredients, while the Quick Slice can help you slice and dice fruits and vegetables with ease. The Quick Cooker and Quick Cooker recipes are also excellent options for quick and easy meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KrazySadie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
Leigh0725