• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some easy and impressive appetizers for catering to 250 people?

In summary, for a group of 250 people, it is recommended to plan for approximately 1500-2000 pieces of appetizers, with a general rule of 6-8 pieces per person. Many of the appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer, and can be kept warm during the event using chafing dishes, slow cookers, warming trays, or heating lamps. There are also options for vegetarian and gluten-free appetizers, which should be labeled for guests with dietary restrictions. To make the appetizers visually appealing, consider using platters, tiered stands, or decorative serving bowls, and adding garnishes like fresh herbs or colorful fruits.
lacychef
OK, CS friends....my dad & I are thinking of putting in a bid to cater appetizers for a group of 250 people. There was an independent movie filmed around here, and they're premiering it at my local theater! They are doing apps before the showing.
So, we are looking for easy-yet-impressive appetizers...things that can be easily assembled & transported. There's no kitchen there, so we'll have to prepare, then take there. If it's warm foods, we'll have to take in roasters...
any suggestions are much appreciated!:chef:

Club House Chicken Squares are great and can be cut into small bite sized peices. Also the Greek Cheese Torta served with crackers.

maybe do fruit with one of the cool creamy dips also

Check out Kris (leggy's) thread from the other day Lacy - we gave her many ideas!Tortilla pinwheels and Greek Cheese Torta in the prep bowls and other things would be great...

For something in a roaster, I love a good meatball in Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce - VERY flavorful...

Thanks for posting that link Janet! I missed that thread...
I was thinking of pinwheels, I'm glad you all agreed! Also, my parents own a restaurant, & dad has a bunch of ground buffalo meat; so he was thinking meatballs wrapped in bacon & grilled maybe...
what do you guys think of apple/berry salsa? One of my faves...I was also thinking tuxedo brownie cups.

1. How much food should I plan for 250 people?

For appetizers, the general rule of thumb is to plan for 6-8 pieces per person. This means for 250 people, you should plan for approximately 1500-2000 pieces of appetizers.

2. Can I make all the appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, many of our appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until the event. Just make sure to follow the recommended storage instructions for each recipe.

3. How do I keep the appetizers warm during the event?

Using chafing dishes or slow cookers can help keep the appetizers warm. You can also use warming trays or heating lamps. It's important to keep an eye on the temperature to ensure the food stays at a safe temperature.

4. Are there any vegetarian or gluten-free options for appetizers?

Yes, we have a variety of appetizer recipes that are vegetarian and gluten-free. You can find these recipes on our website or in our recipe books. Make sure to also label these options for guests with dietary restrictions.

5. How can I make the appetizers look visually appealing for a large group?

Presentation is key for appetizers! Consider using platters, tiered stands, or decorative serving bowls to showcase the appetizers. Also, adding garnishes like fresh herbs or colorful fruits can make the appetizers look more visually appealing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rennea
Back