• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Casserole Recipe Ideas for New Mom: Any Suggestions?

In summary, the conversation revolves around preparing meals for a friend who just had a baby. The person is looking for casserole recipes that can be made ahead and easily reheated. They also mention a broccoli casserole recipe and a chicken and stuffing recipe. There is a suggestion to add diced chicken to the broccoli casserole. There is also a warning to avoid certain foods if the mother is nursing.
kam
Staff member
I have a friend who just had her baby (5 wks early!) so a few of us are preparing some meals to take over various days during the week.

I am looking for casserole type meals - ones that I can put together in a baking dish, kept in the fridge over night and the next night can be put in the oven. I am not doing any in the DCB (not bringing it and leaving it) and I don't know how big their microwave is.

I know I can look them up on the web, but I am looking for ones that you make and like (tried and true).

It will be feeding a 3 yr old and 11 yr old (along with the mom & dad).

Any good recipes you guys can recommend?? THANKS!

Sounds gross, but everyone (moms, dads, and kids alike) LOVE my broccoli casserole. That's because all the nutrition is cooked out of it and it's filled with cheesy goodness.All you do is take four 10 oz. boxes of frozen chopped broccoli, throw them in a stockpot with a little water, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and cook it til it can't be cooked any longer -- basically turning it into mashed garlic. Then, add half a block of cubed velveeta. Throw it into a casserole dish, add and crushed ritz with melted butter on top, then bake.I know you're thinking, "Gawd that sounds gross", but I bring it to work all the time and it gets eaten up like there's no tomorrow!

My mom does lasagna's in 9x9 pans for my grandparents she covers them with foil then with a permanent marker writes the directions on the foil for cooking. My grandpa is 82 and just in the past year has been learning how to cook as my grandma is no longer able to. I know my mom has some casserole recipes, but they are the kind that are in her head and don't have measurement, just eyeballed amounts. I really wish they would come out of her head and into something that turns out for me though.

leftymac said:
Sounds gross, but everyone (moms, dads, and kids alike) LOVE my broccoli casserole. That's because all the nutrition is cooked out of it and it's filled with cheesy goodness.

All you do is take four 10 oz. boxes of frozen chopped broccoli, throw them in a stockpot with a little water, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and cook it til it can't be cooked any longer -- basically turning it into mashed garlic. Then, add half a block of cubed velveeta. Throw it into a casserole dish, add and crushed ritz with melted butter on top, then bake.

I know you're thinking, "Gawd that sounds gross", but I bring it to work all the time and it gets eaten up like there's no tomorrow!

that sounds GOOD! add some diced chicken and mmmmmm! i love broccoli and cheese!

The new Mexican Chicken Lasagna would be perfect.

You could also put together a meatloaf (just don't cook it) and add a couple of baking potatoes and a veggie to the bag. All they'd have to do is stick the meatloaf and potatoes in the oven and cook the veggie.

Is she nursing? If she is, than you need to be aware that there are some foods that pass through to the baby and can cause a lot of gas and tummy trouble.

I'd stay away from broccoli (all cruciferous veggies - cabbage, cauliflower, etc...) and onions and garlic.

I really like the Chicken and Stuffing recipe - where you lay chicken breasts in the bottom of a pan (you can cut them up into chunks if you want) and mix in a can of cream of chicken soup and a 1/2 cup of milk.

Prepare stuffing (you can use Stove Top - I usually make stuffing from the Pepperidge Farms stuffing cubes) and place over the top - cover with Aluminum Foil, and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes (depending on how you have the chicken cut).

I like to include glazed carrots or green beans with this for a simple meal.

ChefBeckyD said:
Is she nursing? If she is, than you need to be aware that there are some foods that pass through to the baby and can cause a lot of gas and tummy trouble.

I'd stay away from broccoli (all cruciferous veggies - cabbage, cauliflower, etc...) and onions and garlic.

I really like the Chicken and Stuffing recipe - where you lay chicken breasts in the bottom of a pan (you can cut them up into chunks if you want) and mix in a can of cream of chicken soup and a 1/2 cup of milk.

Prepare stuffing (you can use Stove Top - I usually make stuffing from the Pepperidge Farms stuffing cubes) and place over the top - cover with Aluminum Foil, and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes (depending on how you have the chicken cut).

I love, love, love this!! I make it all the time, but I mix cream of mushroom and cream of chicken together. I will sometimes use canned chicken to cut down on cooking time. Then you just have to heat it through. It tastes so good and I think is better the next day. You can also do egg noodles, cooked chicken and cream of chicken soup, put all together in casserole dish and cover with cheese then bake until cheese is melted.

For something that can be thrown into the freezer if she has too much food at the moment:

Tator Tot casserole (layer of browned ground beef mixed with cream of mush soup, then a layer of frozen veggies, a layer of shredded cheese, topped with layer of tator tots)

Ham and potato casserole

Turkey or Chicken Tetrazinni (just tell her to add extra chicken broth when cooking from frozen, since it will soak up so much)

ChefBeckyD said:

Yes, she is nursing and I wasn't sure about what to prepare because of that - so thanks for the guidelines. I think I will try the chicken/stuffing dish this week.

KellyTheChef said:
For something that can be thrown into the freezer if she has too much food at the moment:

Tator Tot casserole (layer of browned ground beef mixed with cream of mush soup, then a layer of frozen veggies, a layer of shredded cheese, topped with layer of tator tots)

Ham and potato casserole

Turkey or Chicken Tetrazinni (just tell her to add extra chicken broth when cooking from frozen, since it will soak up so much)

I bet the kids will love the tater tot casserole. Any measurments on this? Is it for a 9x13 pan?

What are some casserole recipe ideas that are easy to make?

Some easy casserole recipe ideas are chicken and rice casserole, tuna noodle casserole, and shepherd's pie.

Are there any vegetarian casserole recipe ideas?

Yes, some vegetarian casserole recipe ideas include vegetable lasagna, mac and cheese casserole, and lentil shepherd's pie.

Can I make a casserole in advance and freeze it?

Yes, many casseroles can be made ahead of time and frozen. Just make sure to cover it tightly and defrost it before baking.

What are some casserole recipe ideas that are kid-friendly?

Some kid-friendly casserole recipe ideas are mac and cheese casserole, chicken pot pie, and pizza casserole.

Can I substitute ingredients in a casserole recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in a casserole recipe to suit your preferences or dietary needs. Just make sure to adjust cooking times and measurements accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hanson617
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • TracyJ1025
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • iteachurkid