• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Mia Potential Hosts?

That way if business is slow for me, they are there to call. You never know what might happen!Lisa...and these...but I would love if someone could com eup with "Extend your 10% Past Host Discount" ones like Nancy's...and ones for us directors with "Wow!" and "You take the cake" and "Hats off to you" and all those...Here are the ones I have from over the years:During some training from Home Office, one of the suggestions we learned is to only stop calling someone after he/she tells you to stop or he/she is no longer on this earth (that part was actually a little different in the training, but
katie0128
Silver Member
Got a call from my consultant today and she had a question. She has two people that back in February said they wanted to host a show, but she can't get through to them. She said she has called every few weeks, but they don't answer the phone and don't return messages.
I told her to put in a note to call them again in August - to announce the new catalog - but for now, quit trying to call. I also suggested the postcards from Nancy's (if she can still get them) and/or starting a monthly newsletter... just to keep her name in front of them.
Any other suggestions?
Oh, and a side question - can we use the PC logo to create our own postcards now that Nancy is gone?

You can use the PC logo if you print your own items on your computer/printer at home. We cannot use the logo at VistrPrint or other printers.

Your ideas sound good - it's a fine line to walk to keep your name in front of people without being considered a nuisance.

I think that sounds good! You don't want to nag them to death but I don't understand why they can't pick up the phone and say I'm not interested. I had a host this month, 3 of her daughters wanted to book a show. So I got dates for 2 of them. Left a message twice for the last one. Granted there were days in between phone calls and I was trying to get a date before the show closed. Well when she finally answered the phone the 3rd time she hung up on me! She could of just said not interested. But seeing as how hers havent' hung up on her I would send a newsletter or card talking about the new catalog!

I call and leave 2 messages...if I don't hear back I put them in my file to call when the new catalog comes out. If they don't respond to that call, I send them a postcard saying I've been trying to reach them an to please call me if they're still interested in hosting a show. I don't call again after that.

Thanks gals...

The postcards that I use are from Nancy's - if any of you are creative enough - maybe someone could come up with one just like it but with a different clip-art on it?
The exact wording is:
"Dear ______
Please call if you're still interested in booking a show with me. I've been unable to reach you. This is a good time to reach me: "

Just got my order from Nancy and it has a catalog in it... gonna keep the catalog and [ahem] "borrow" the wording from her postcards when I make my own!

katie0128 said:
Just got my order from Nancy and it has a catalog in it... gonna keep the catalog and [ahem] "borrow" the wording from her postcards when I make my own!

Please share when you make some!!
Here are the ones I have from over the years:

Attachments

• postcard - attendance.doc
    153.5 KB · Views: 301
  • postcard - call reminder.doc
    247 KB · Views: 242
  • postcard - fridge reminder.doc
    126 KB · Views: 286
  • postcard -make reminder calls.doc
    40 KB · Views: 274
  • postcard - mail invites.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 308
During some training from Home Office, one of the suggestions we learned is to only stop calling someone after he/she tells you to stop or he/she is no longer on this earth (that part was actually a little different in the training, but always so hard to describe in writing).

I am taking the advice and calling the people who said they wanted to have a show but have not called back, about once a quarter. With that written, if I had more business than I could handle, I might stop calling for a while, but they will remain in my file until one of the two scenarios mentioned above takes place. That way if business is slow for me, they are there to call. You never know what might happen!

Lisa

...and these...

but I would love if someone could com eup with "Extend your 10% Past Host Discount" ones like Nancy's...and ones for us directors with "Wow!" and "You take the cake" and "Hats off to you" and all those...

Attachments

• Thank you for your recent order.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 412
  • Thank you for Booking a Show.pub
    54 KB · Views: 354
Will do! I'll have to download these when I get home...

ChefLisa said:
During some training from Home Office, one of the suggestions we learned is to only stop calling someone after he/she tells you to stop or he/she is no longer on this earth (that part was actually a little different in the training, but always so hard to describe in writing).

I am taking the advice and calling the people who said they wanted to have a show but have not called back, about once a quarter. With that written, if I had more business than I could handle, I might stop calling for a while, but they will remain in my file until one of the two scenarios mentioned above takes place. That way if business is slow for me, they are there to call. You never know what might happen!

Lisa

You;re so right -- i just start to take it personally if they don't call back LOL I am insecure ...

dannyzmom said:
You;re so right -- i just start to take it personally if they don't call back LOL I am insecure ...

Oh, I take it very personally.
Here is a list of questions and thoughts I have:
Why don't they like me?
What did I do to offend them?
Will they tell all of their friends how horrible I am?
Will this kill my business?

Then there is my personal favorite: I wish I could move to another state and start over again with people who don't know me.

Do these sound familiar to anyone?

Lisa

You are reading my mind! Maybe we should start a business swap... When we fee like moving out of state, just find another cheffer in the same situation and swap!

katie0128 said:
You are reading my mind! Maybe we should start a business swap... When we fee like moving out of state, just find another cheffer in the same situation and swap!

That sounds like a great idea!

When we swap we will need to send out a letter to all of our hosts and customers.

Dear Hosts and Customers,

I have come to the conclusion that none of you like me anymore since I am having such a difficult time getting so many of you to call me back. I thought we really had something great going, but I am so sad to be wrong.

Therefore, I will be moving out of state to see if I can find somebody else who will appreciate my sense of humor, smile, fun shows and amazing customer service. In my place, another Consultant (she is moving into my house and I am moving into her house) will be given all of your contact information. I hope you like her so much better that you will call her back.

I decided to take my family with me. We considered swapping families also, but I really think more needs to be changed to change my business.

Sincerely,
Lisa

Okay, out of the letter, my job is to call them, not the other way around. However, I still would love for them to call me back. On a more positive note, this does not happen nearly as often as it seems. It did make for a fun post!

Lisa

Perfect!!! I'm trying really hard not to laugh out loud and draw attention to the fact that I'm on here when I should be doing real work (I'm at my PT job right now).
Let me know when you are at your breaking point and we'll swap... I love GA!

Chef_2_Four said:
I had a host this month, 3 of her daughters wanted to book a show. So I got dates for 2 of them. Left a message twice for the last one. Granted there were days in between phone calls and I was trying to get a date before the show closed. Well when she finally answered the phone the 3rd time she hung up on me!

Well that will make for interesting shows if she shows up for the ones her sisters do!

ChefLisa said:

Lisa

In the car business (long ago) we used to say "Keep calling them until they buy or die".

There. I said it. :rolleyes:

Related to What to Do With Mia Potential Hosts?

1. Can I host a Pampered Chef party even if I don't have a large group of friends?

Yes, absolutely! We welcome all kinds of hosts, whether you have a large social circle or not. Our parties can be as intimate or as large as you'd like, and we have plenty of tips and resources to help you reach out to potential guests.

2. Do I need to prepare anything before hosting a party?

No preparation is necessary on your end! Our consultants will take care of everything, from planning the menu to bringing all the necessary supplies. All you need to do is invite your guests and prepare a space for the party to take place.

3. How much does it cost to host a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a party is completely free! Our consultants will bring all the supplies and ingredients needed for the recipes, and your guests can choose to make purchases if they'd like. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party at my home?

Yes, most of our parties are hosted at the host's home. However, if you prefer to have the party at a different location, such as a community center or workplace, that can be arranged as well. Our consultants are flexible and will work with you to find the best location.

5. What kinds of products will be featured at the party?

Our parties feature a variety of cooking and kitchen products, including cookware, bakeware, utensils, and more. Our consultants will bring a selection of products for your guests to try out and learn about, and they will also have a catalog available for guests to browse and make purchases from if they'd like.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • chefjessicah